Jonathan Clauss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think with things like possesion and positioning - having fullbacks that can take corners is a great asset because it kind of Uses the most widest player anyway.

I can imagine Shaw and Clauss for example being our corner takers from either side.

His crosses seem to have a bit of “air” to them too.

Trex

I think with things like possesion and positioning - having fullbacks that can take corners is a great asset because it kind of Uses the most widest player anyway.

I can imagine Shaw and Clauss for example being our corner takers from either side.

His crosses seem to have a bit of “air” to them too.
He knows how to ping balls

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

This video was the best I could see.

Some videos don’t show his ability very well

Dazzmondo

First time visiting this thread. Surprised to see so many hating on Clauss. He is a bit older than I'd like, but he just had a great season with Lens, probably only Fofana performed better for them. Had he been 5 years younger, he would have been an obvious choice to go for. Considering their ages, I would probably still prefer Jeremie Frimpong but for £7m it's hard to say no. Only thing I will say is that I don't think I've ever really seen him in a back 4 since Lens usually play a 3-4-1-2. I think he would suit what ETH expects from his full backs in attack. Whether he could be more suspect defensively in a back 4, I'm not too sure.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Feels like a player ETH scouted with Ajax well is worth a gamble at that price Liverpool once signed late bloomer Robertson for 8 million and nobody expected him to be this good.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Gives me Dario Srna vibes, who himself aged very gracefully. Clauss could give us a solid 3 years.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The guy who have him as his secret Santa is one hell of a lucky chap indeed.

Trex

It literally doesn't though, given we've become Ajax UK. Apart from this one.
Well if we become a team that plays with the same principle and application as Ajax, with the quality of players within our reach we'll be champions league contenders.

Chief123

I’d much rather we went for Dumfries or even better but less likely, Hakimi!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What a shocker. We didnt want the 29 year old from the French league
It's not the age to be honest, he's a wing back and we still haven't sold Wan Bissaka. I don't see us signing a RB until his future is sorted.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It literally doesn't though, given we've become Ajax UK. Apart from this one.
Ten Hag just like previous managers will want some players he’s familiar with and who understands his methods. He’s had a close look at Malacia seen as though his teams have played against him many times… that’s what you call personal scouting.

Ekeke

It's not the age to be honest, he's a wing back and we still haven't sold Wan Bissaka. I don't see us signing a RB until his future is sorted.
There was 0 chance we're signing a 29 year old from France regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.