Jonny Evans | 2011/12 Performances

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I think that it is hard for any of our defenders to get recognition at the moment as results are so bad. A lot of City fans that I talk to think that Jones, Smalling and Evans are all sub standard and that Vidic and Ferdinand are past it. I constantly hear that Jones and Smalling should be nowhere near the England squad.

Having said that, one City fan I know (and like) claims that Rio Ferdinand is a complete fraud and that he has 'stolen a living'. Totally bizarre.
City and Liverpool fans don't rate any United player in public. They will put a negative spin on any issue regarding a United player. They keep saying that the RVP signing was a waste of money.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
City and Liverpool fans don't rate any United player in public. They will put a negative spin on any issue regarding a United player. They keep saying that the RVP signing was a waste of money.

I have not heard that from City fans trhat I know, their favourite line recently was 'Van Persie won you the title' or 'Van Persie was the difference', followed by excuses why he didn't join them. Obviously you get do get a lot of bullshit but most of them now admit that De Gea is a top keeper and are full of praise for an on form Van Persie and Rooney. One City fan who I play football with says that Januzaj is the best young player that he has ever seen.

I think that they don't like Jones because he had an altercation with some City fans after a game. I think that Evans suffers from having a boring name and playing for an international nation of no note. The Smalling opinion surprises me the most because he had a couple of outstanding games against City in his first season I think.

MoneyMay

I thought Evans and Jones looked solid today.

They have looked good in two out of three games together this season.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I don't know about that. Jones was certainly the pick of them today, although both were very good.

Getsme

Wait to see against stronger opposition. Still think Vida is our best centre back and should be paired with jones.
You don't think Evans has done enough to warrant his place in the team?
He's been by far our best CB this season in my eyes, it should be Evans and (insert name) when we're picking our CBs.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Think I heard it mentioned on commentary today that thus far Evans-Jones is a partnership that has yet to be involved in a game we've lost, for what it's worth.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Cracking game from him today. Won basically everything that came near him and got up each time under some heavy knocks. I really like the Evans-Smalling partnership with Jones in front of them. Works really well.

DevilRed

Did well today and his confidence is improving. Carrys the ball out of defence really well which is something none of our centrebacks can do except Rio.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Cracking game from him today. Won basically everything that came near him and got up each time under some heavy knocks. I really like the Evans-Smalling partnership with Jones in front of them. Works really well.
Good point. If we need Jones in midfield then that could be our central trio for years to come.

Eric'sCollar

There is a heap of pressure on and Evans has kept his head. Straight after the 2nd goal he was calmly giving instructions, 10 mins later we could have been 4 down, we were back even. Yes, he made a mistake but he is a footballer, so move on.

binary bot
Wank when the pressure is on. Good for at least one major mistake a match.
Seriously? If it's "major" you'd be able to point them out to us every week. He usually has one or two feck-ups each year or so though, like most defenders. Let's hope that's him for this year...

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He's a good player, it's just the odd gormless mistake which makes him look amateurish on occasion.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Don't think Evans and Smalling have been helped by a completely anonymous midfield but yeah he fecked up for that 2nd goal which is frustrating because he's class. Him and Smalling should have dealt with the ball in between them better.

DevilRed

There is a heap of pressure on and Evans has kept his head. Straight after the 2nd goal he was calmly giving instructions, 10 mins later we could have been 4 down, we were back even. Yes, he made a mistake but he is a footballer, so move on.
Too many school boy errors and there are no signs that this will ever change. Doesn't exude the confidence from the back that we are used to. Rio Ferdinand. Nemanja Vidic. Steve Bruce. Gary Pallister. Jaap Stam. No, Jonny will never be in that class.

Ole240599

Wank when the pressure is on. Good for at least one major mistake a match.
Bad mistake today but he has regrouped and is showing composure and leadership. Do you have facts that confirm he make one major mistake per game? #harsh

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great on the ball but been poor defensively today and I don't mean just at the goal although he didn't cover himself in glory there.

Kag

Don't think Evans and Smalling have been helped by a completely anonymous midfield but yeah he fecked up for that 2nd goal which is frustrating because he's class. Him and Smalling should have dealt with the ball in between them better.
They should have, but it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. This is to be expected as we move on with new, younger partnerships. Generally, they're a great pair and the goals conceded column backs that up.

ArmchairCritic

Too many school boy errors and there are no signs that this will ever change. Doesn't exude the confidence from the back that we are used to. Rio Ferdinand. Nemanja Vidic. Steve Bruce. Gary Pallister. Jaap Stam. No, Jonny will never be in that class.

He's our best on-ball defender by a mile, he's got plenty of confidence and class and if he's becomes half as good as some of those defenders he'd still be a top player for us.

DevilRed

Honestly, I think he is the one person in the squad that gets defended the most despite numerous poor performances.

If he wasn't from the youth team would this be the case? People need to realize he is a big reason why we have been conceding so many goals this season.

Eric'sCollar

Where the hell did I say he was in that class? Show me where?

Just because he isn't Rio Ferdinand doesn't mean he can't be a good United player.

ArmchairCritic

Honestly, I think he is the one person in the squad that gets defended the most despite numerous poor performances.

If he wasn't from the youth team would this be the case? People need to realize he is a big reason why we have been conceding so many goals this season.

Ah that old chestnut.

DevilRed

Where the hell did I say he was in that class? Show me where?

Just because he isn't Rio Ferdinand doesn't mean he can't be a good United player.
That's my point. He isn't in that class so why should he be in the first 11? I understand he is a decent squad player but he can't be playing consistently week in week out.

We need someone better to man our defence if we are to win trophies.

Kag

You keep saying the same thing even though there's practically nothing to back it up. Very odd.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Very good player, generally underrated, never going to be top class though. A bit like Michael Carrick in a lot of ways.

He made a mistake, it happens.