Jonny Evans image 35

Jonny Evans Northern Ireland flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I feel like Evans is done here. If we do not find a buyer I think he will end up on loan like Cleverley did last year.

khoazany

Think he's already below McNair in the pecking order.Would still be useful for us in some occasions though if he stays.

Getsme

I reckon he's gone, it's a shame as we will be losing yet another player who came through the ranks.

Geordopolous

I don't know where to put it so I'll put it here but why isn't there a player performance thread for Javier Hernandez? Looks like he will get some game time this season

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Lot of people on the last page seem to think there is some sort of personal 'hate' campaign against Evans. Personally, I reckon negativity around him is more to do with the fact that he was truly shocking for the most part last season, and wasn;t particularly great the season before either. Anyway, that's just a hunch, could be wrong.

GloryHunter07

Is Jonny still around? I feel like he has been locked in a cupboard for the last 6 months. Is he fit?

432JuanMata

Is Jonny still around? I feel like he has been locked in a cupboard for the last 6 months. Is he fit?
Fit but shit. Had high hopes for him and thought he would be a guaranteed starter for us in future but he didn't improve as much as I expected and don't see him being here much longer.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I really hope we get rid of Evans, he seems to have consistently gone downhill for some time. (and of course sign a top defender)

GloryHunter07

Yes, based on the fact that LVG said we had no injuries last week..He played one game on tour and that was it..I think LVG wants to get rid, but needs to sign a defender for that to occur quickly...
Yeah probably

GloryHunter07

Fit but shit. Had high hopes for him and thought he would be a guaranteed starter for us in future but he didn't improve as much as I expected and don't see him being here much longer.
Me too, I thought he would do well under Van Gal. He has just seemed to have lost his bottle and now shits himself whenever the ball is nearby.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
too expensive to keep as 7th choice centre back, or whatever he is now Blind is ahead of him too!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He was fine up until 2 years ago

Still has a lot to offer. One of those who was hit hard by Fergies departure

He would be a steal for most pl clubs

Devil may care

Not in the squad again yesterday, is he injured or simply lost his bench spot to McNair?

Devil may care

The latter I reckon. Van Gaal only mentions Jones (and Rojo through match fitness) as being unavailable at the moment.
I'm surprised he hasn't been sold already then as if he's behind McNair and Rojo who isn't even ready for the bench yet, then he must be on his way and we usually make it easy for our home made players to get their moves.

ThanksBoss26

I'm surprised he hasn't been sold already then as if he's behind McNair and Rojo who isn't even ready for the bench yet, then he must be on his way and we usually make it easy for our home made players to get their moves.
Yeah, if we signed another Centre Half, he'll go I'm sure. That's probably looking unlikely so we may choose to keep him around another year as cover until his contract expires, or let him go in January if he hasn't featured too much, a bit like Fletcher.

That said, I still think there's a chance he might end up at Everton this window.

FujiVice

He'll be on that short list for clubs who want to do last day business if things arent going well. He'll go on the final day of the window. Sunderland should try their luck. They love him up there. And he'd look like Jaap Stam compared to that lot.

Ixion

I reckon the draw at Stoke on New Years day was what sealed his fate, he got bullied and couldn't handle the conditions at all.

Devil may care

Yeah, if we signed another Centre Half, he'll go I'm sure. That's probably looking unlikely so we may choose to keep him around another year as cover until his contract expires, or let him go in January if he hasn't featured too much, a bit like Fletcher.

That said, I still think there's a chance he might end up at Everton this window.
I think the fact he's now behind McNair and can't make the bench with Jones and Rojo not even fit to be in the squad says his time is up. I wonder if West Brom might be one of the teams to go for him, they were rumoured before Everton I think.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Why don't we sell him and get some money? We make a profit no matter how much we get for him since he is our academy player. I reckon we can squeeze £8-10m for him.

finneh

Why don't we sell him and get some money? We make a profit no matter how much we get for him since he is our academy player. I reckon we can squeeze £8-10m for him.
Not a chance. I assume the reason he's still here is that we can't get any interest because if his prohibitive salary. There's no way a club comes in, matches his £65k weekly salary and pays anything more than a few £m.

He'd be the highest earner at 50% of Premier League clubs (90% of La Liga/Bundesliga/Serie A) and wouldn't start for that other 50% (10%).

Last edited:

SoCross

Such a shame. Really thought he'd push on and be top class.

Ixion

Evans and Valdes absent
Man Utd v Club Brugge (Tuesday, 19:45 BST)
Neither goalkeeper Victor Valdes nor defender Jonny Evans were on show at United's Carrington training complex.

Valdes has no United future after refusing to play for the club's Under-21 side last season. But Evans - who has been linked with Everton this summer - was named in United's Champions League squad last week.

From BBC

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Included in Stones deal..... would be awesome!

ThanksBoss26

Mitten:

"Such status, though, is unlikely to save Jonny Evans, who has been told he can leave United. It's a shame that a United-supporting youth team graduate, who is closing in on 200 first team appearances by the age of 27 has to leave, but that's the manager's decision and many fans will agree with it."

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Mitten:

"Such status, though, is unlikely to save Jonny Evans, who has been told he can leave United. It's a shame that a United-supporting youth team graduate, who is closing in on 200 first team appearances by the age of 27 has to leave, but that's the manager's decision and many fans will agree with it."
He's leaving because his perfomances havent been good enough..that isnt a shame...Getting rid of the dead wood will mean that they were will be many tears , but it has to be done..Darren Fletcher was my favourite United player over the last decade, but even he left when the time was right..Its time for Jonny too

ThanksBoss26

He's leaving because his perfomances havent been good enough..that isnt a shame...Getting rid of the dead wood will mean that they were will be many tears , but it has to be done..Darren Fletcher was my favourite United player over the last decade, but even he left when the time was right..Its time for Jonny too
You're right, it is the right time.

Ixion

I don't think he can play the way Van Gaal wants a CB to play, he is so umcomfortable when put under any sort of pressure and his distribution isn't the best. Hopefully he succeeds elsewhere.

stevoc

I don't think he can play the way Van Gaal wants a CB to play, he is so umcomfortable when put under any sort of pressure and his distribution isn't the best. Hopefully he succeeds elsewhere.
Are you judging that over his whole career or just last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.