Jonny Evans Northern Ireland flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
One of the missing threads for new season.......on purpose? ;)

Did very well against the best Central American team, hopefully continues in that vein.

LR7

I dread what this thread will turn into. I find opinions on him on here totally ridiculous and over the top.

He was fine the other night and I hope we keep him.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I dread what this thread will turn into. I find opinions on him on here totally ridiculous and over the top.

He was fine the other night and I hope we keep him.
Agreed.

rover

the last two games should win him back some credits. hope it's not too late

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Probably our best center back in these 2 games so far... The thing is though, how long until he gets injured? Because that's what has held him back IMO so I highly doubt that will change if it hasn't changed by the age of 28.

khoazany

Hope he stays and does well just for the haters to eat their words.Never been among my favourite players but some of the hates are ridiculous.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Nice to see some positive comments in here for once. Has done well and as said above, would be great to give it to his haters.

Devil may care

I was surprised Paddy got the nod over him in that second 11, guess he's almost certain to move so maybe that is the reasoning.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I was surprised Paddy got the nod over him in that second 11, guess he's almost certain to move so maybe that is the reasoning.
Not being involved hints at another injury or his exit. Even Blind is ahead of him on the tour.

Getsme

Not being involved hints at another injury or his exit. Even Blind is ahead of him on the tour.
Rumours floating about that we have entered the race for Stones, maybe Evans is part of that? Who knows.

Acole9

Outstanding
Rumours floating about that we have entered the race for Stones, maybe Evans is part of that? Who knows.
Just rumours but that would be a cracking deal if we could pull that off. Hopefully if we do sign a new centre half this summer then that will pave the way for Evans to leave.

Devil may care

Hopefully the latter, I think his time at United has run it's course and the recent Everton rumour was widely covered which felt like a briefing.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
I'd like him to leave. Take the £8m and run.

stevoc

Unless we sign another defender i can't see him being sold. Would be risky going into the season with only 4 centre backs one of which is cover for Shaw also with our record with defensive injuries.

I hope we do sign another defender though and Jonny moves onto somewhere where he can get back to his best.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
'Sorry about asking Moyes not to tell you he agreed to leave halfway through his last season for you, here's Jonny Evans. No this is not a joke.'

Last edited:

stevoc

'Sorry about asking Moyes not to tell you he agreed to leave halfway through his last season for you, here's Johnny Evans. No this is not a joke.'
I think you're probably right on that time scale. I think Moyes used to renew his Everton contract around Nov-Dec every year, that season there were rumblings he wasn't renewing his contract and didn't even want to discuss it in November so he must have known he was getting the United job very early on.

Definitely well before the jackanory he and Fergie tells about the meeting to offer him the job in April anyway.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I think you're probably right on that time scale. I think Moyes used to renew his Everton contract around Nov-Dec every year, that season there were rumblings he wasn't renewing his contract and didn't even want to discuss it in November so he must have known he was getting the United job very early on.

Definitely well before the jackanory he and Fergie tells about the meeting to offer him the job in April anyway.
Oh, I thought I read that he was given the nod then but told he couldn't tell anyone not even the owner of Everton which he agreed to do, because that would let the world know Fergie was leaving and Fergie of course didn't want the distraction.

But then my memory is shit so maybe that was just speculation.

stevoc

Oh, I thought I read that he was given the nod then but told he couldn't tell anyone not even the owner of Everton which he agreed to do, because that would let the world know Fergie was leaving and Fergie of course didn't want the distraction.

But then my memory is shit so maybe that was just speculation.
Thats probably not too far from the truth mate. Just the infamous story where Fergie told Moyes he was the man and the blood drained from his face is said to have taken place in March/April but Moyes must have knew months before seeing as he wouldn't even discuss a new contract with Everton.

Glanville95

With Ramos supposedly playing us for a new contract and being increasingly less likely to join, while we seemingly aren't interested in Otamendi, it's becoming increasingly likely Evans stays.

I'm opposed to that personally. He isn't nearly good enough and is shot for confidence. Now is the time to sell up. If he stays and we fail to bring in a new CB, I could see a scenario where two centre backs are needed, as I'm unconvinced Jones or Rojo will do enough to consolidate their positions at the club next season.

stevoc

With Ramos supposedly playing us for a new contract and being increasingly less likely to join, while we seemingly aren't interested in Otamendi, it's becoming increasingly likely Evans stays.

I'm opposed to that personally. He isn't nearly good enough and is shot for confidence. Now is the time to sell up. If he stays and we fail to bring in a new CB, I could see a scenario where two centre backs are needed, as I'm unconvinced Jones or Rojo will do enough to consolidate their positions at the club next season.
It's not the time to sell up until we bring in a new CB.

There will be a meltdown in here on Sep 1st if he's still at the club.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Evans' contract expires in June 2016. This will be the last window we would be able to get a fee for him unless he signs a new contract. So I still think he is sold this summer.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Reckon we are just waiting on another senior center back to arrive before jettisoning him off to Everton. I read some Martinez quotes on their club twitter hinting about needing a center back in the transfer window and knowing how they like to do business late in the window and their budget, he ticks all the boxes.

ChaddyP

Since we may not purchase a new CB. Why isn't Evans in contention for the LCB role. Hardly ever hear him being mentioned by the boss. He looked decent in pre season. He's 2 footed surely he could be a possibility for even the bench. Yes I know 110 percent of the caf wants him sold but surely if we aren't buying a new CB we should play him. He's also an academy graduate. That means alot to me personally. One of our own.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Since we may not purchase a new CB. Why isn't Evans in contention for the LCB role. Hardly ever hear him being mentioned by the boss. He looked decent in pre season. He's 2 footed surely he could be a possibility for even the bench. Yes I know 110 percent of the caf wants him sold but surely if we aren't buying a new CB we should play him. He's also an academy graduate. That means alot to me personally. One of our own.
He has Blind and Rojo in front of him already. For Evans to climb into the LVG's hierarchy piramid is very, very, very difficult. I'd say 1% chance and thats me being generous.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I guess he's been told he's off so he's not being picked because his head wouldn't be in the game and because it would mean not playing a player we plan on keeping. If we don't sign a CB by September 1st then it'd be more worthwhile playing him than it is now.

ChaddyP

If we don't sign another CB would we still sell him? That's my question. Having Blind Rojo and Blackett as left-sided CBs?

Bojan11

He's like 6th choice. Even McNair was on the bench ahead of him.

I guess he will be off. I wouldn't sell him unless we get a replscement. Rather have Evans than McNair, who still has a lot to learn and Blackett.

arthurka

Spitting on someone and getting 7 games ban at a crunch time for us might have something to do with LVG not liking him..

Status
Not open for further replies.