View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ekeke

We gave up 2 points when we brought him on. Sorry he was the weak point in preseason even next to the youngsters. I thought he was given a contract to be nice to a former player - he's been past it and not good enough for Leicester for at least a year. The idea of bringing him on today when the points are in the balance is madness.

Idxomer

What the feck was that and who sanctioned this deal?

It should be clear to anyone he's done at this level.

kps88

Shocking lack of depth on our bench. I was going to say we should have moved Casemiro to center back instead of bringing on Evans but we had no one on the bench to play his role in midfield.

FujiVice

Just seen someone compare Evans and Maguire finishing a game to being a dirty protest. I almost smiled, but I'm so angry.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
There's a reason he was fecking relegated with his team.

edgecutter

His legs are gone. Jesus went around him like he wasn't even there.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Why are we digging him out? Was barely on to make any impact and he was fouled for the 2nd.

Think we’re moaning for moaning’s sake here

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Never rated him when he was first here

Andersonson

This one is on ETH. His first game is coming on cold in a storm of attacks against Arsenal. With Maguire??

I could have understood it if he came on as the third option, but getting thrown into that doesnt do any defenders any favor. Weird as hell. Pull Casemiro back and play with 3 at least

Sylar

Thought he was fouled on their goal :nervous:

But yeah, having him over a youth player that played pre season is crazy. Experience counts for nothing when you aren't good enough

Castia

Generally thought he would play in the early cup rounds at best. Can’t believe he’s being relied upon away at Arsenal in 2023

Andersonson

Thought he was fouled on their goal :nervous:

But yeah, having him over a youth player that played pre season is crazy. Experience counts for nothing when you aren't good enough
He was founded and couldnt get back into balance to block the shot. Poor from the ref. He was actually solid

Acole9

Outstanding
The signs were there for all to see in pre season. He's not good enough.

spiriticon

I don't think he was too bad but he should not be playing in a league match Vs Arsenal.

Why did Lindelof come off?

Ainu

This whole thing feels symptomatic of a shocking lack of ambition that runs through every fiber of the club at the moment.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Didn't think we'd actually be having our emergency 5th choice CB coming in so early (really it's 6th when you consider Shaw also plays CB).

lilcurt

This whole thing feels symptomatic of a shocking lack of ambition that runs through every fiber of the club at the moment.
100% this, we don't act like a club trying to compete at the top. We just say the words in club statements for effect.

Idxomer

Didn't think we'd actually be having our emergency 5th choice CB coming in so early (really it's 6th when you consider Shaw also plays CB).
I would've brought Reguilon and moved Dalot to centre-back if Lindelof was really injured.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Why are we digging him out? Was barely on to make any impact and he was fouled for the 2nd.

Think we’re moaning for moaning’s sake here
Because no matter what choice CB the decision to bring him in is fecking idiotic. It’s like a charity case considering he was awful last year and almost 36. And it’s not like he brings a ton of championship pedigree/experience either.

Abraxas

The optics of bringing on an ex player at this age and stage of his career are pretty poor, obviously. I don't think he was massively at fault today to be honest but those optics are even worse when he forms a comedy duo with Maguire and the team then concedes the game.

But I don't think ETH ever envisaged this would be happening. As far as I can see the guy should be 6th choice, and probably is 6th choice. But somehow due to the glass bodies of all involved in our defence we are wheeling him out in a game like this when he was probably intended to cover an FA Cup game at Leyton Orient or the odd League Cup game.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
What the feck was that and who sanctioned this deal?

It should be clear to anyone he's done at this level.
He's done at Championship level let alone at this one. I can't fathom why someone thought this was a good idea.

Idxomer

He's done at Championship level let alone at this one. I can't fathom why someone thought this was a good idea.
You're right, he looked brutal for Leicester when he came back from injury last season.

Delano

I refrained from acknowledging this signing because I thought he'd never play... Being more of a Huddlestone development squad type. Obviously, this isn't the case.

Only our football club would sign a player because he's a "good lad" and "knows the club."

He wasn't good enough 10 years ago, and he was shot to pieces 2 years ago.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Lindelof must’ve been injured, surely to feck

Heinzesight

Could we not have at least kept Mengi around a bit longer. Evans, as much as he’s been decent, should be nowhere near playing for us.

always_hoping

He's 35 now going on 36 in Jan, would only be used for cup games against lower opposition and brought on with a few minutes to go in any PL game when the contest is already won (that rarely happens anymore)

Did VAR even review that tussle in the box before the 2nd Arsenal goal?

garelo

watching him today reminds me of certain Laurent Blanc playing for us in 2001, you just know Jonny like Blanc is not up for the job anymore because he's physically spent and slow. i dont know the rationality of re-signing him, we already have a slow CB in Maguire yet we added even slower one. Is it for his experience? Jonny had only played for mid and low table clubs since he left us, eventhen he wasnt really world beater was more like rotation if Vidic or Ferdinand was unavailable unlike Blanc who was WC & EURO winner, played for top teams, and was world class CB in his prime. Hopefully we'll see less and less of him in the future.

Gordon Godot

watching him today reminds me of certain Laurent Blanc playing for us in 2001, you just know Jonny like Blanc is not up for the job anymore because he's physically spent and slow. i dont know the rationality of re-signing him, we already have a slow CB in Maguire yet we added even slower one. Is it for his experience? Jonny had only played for mid and low table clubs since he left us, eventhen he wasnt really world beater was more like rotation if Vidic or Ferdinand was unavailable unlike Blanc who was WC & EURO winner, played for top teams, and was world class CB in his prime. Hopefully we'll see less and less of him in the future.
Really strange one, so obviously not good it. We really don have any young players that can play off the bench?