View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Oranges038

Did as well as you can expect a 36 year old to do on his own at this level.

BorisManUtd

Casemiro made the first and more important mistake, but bad defending for the goal
Casemiro, Evans, Wan Bissaka all did bad there I think.

Still, if both Varane and Lindelof are leaving this summer, I'd keep Evans for another year. Martinez, Maguire, new CB, Kambwala + Evans (hopefully featuring less than this season). That would be enough as we won't play Europe most probably.

Ekeke

Casemiro, Evans, Wan Bissaka all did bad there I think.

Still, if both Varane and Lindelof are leaving this summer, I'd keep Evans for another year. Martinez, Maguire, new CB, Kambwala + Evans (hopefully featuring less than this season). That would be enough as we won't play Europe most probably.
No way. Much prefer to see Kambwala or another young player playing if thats the level of performance thats put in

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Thought he was great considering everything? Like how good he is on the ball.

FujiVice

36 year old, hadnt played for most of last season with injury, had to play his second game in the space of a week and its only 1-0 against the team who have scored the most goals. He's literally doing as good as he possibly can. There's no way he'd have thought he'd have to play this much when we brought him in. Everyone else should be ashamed they arent putting the graft in that he has.

BorisManUtd

No way. Much prefer to see Kambwala or another young player playing if thats the level of performance thats put in
Well as 5th CB and (most probably) no Europe he wouldn't play often. More of an option to have, like a 3rd GK. And he's had a solid season taking everything into account.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Maybe it's me but some people are watching his performances with nostalgic glasses.

Passive for the goal, lofted a brainless ball to the left channel and other than that was okay.

He's probably injured and not match fit so I'm not blaming him but I've see comments across the board throughout this season like he's playing extremely well when it's been really mixed.

Again, he shouldn't be put in this position and perhaps it's a low expectations vs performance thing.
He hasn't played 'extremely well', but I'd say he's been good for most of the season. The odd bad game, but the good has definitely outweighed it.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Thought he played well today

Ekeke

Well as 5th CB and (most probably) no Europe he wouldn't play often. More of an option to have, like a 3rd GK. And he's had a solid season taking everything into account.
He's been as good as our poorly performing CBs in a team that finishes 8th in the league. Maguire has been better but sure, he's been as good as the rest. But I would rather see youngsters given those few precious games if this is the standard of performance we get from the senior players. Its not good enough for a team hoping to finish higher than we are.

Sylar

He's done better than expected and that might be because I never thought he would be starting for united v arsenal in 2024.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Decent today, but if we end up keeping him an extra year it'll be ridiculous scenes.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He was ok, clearly he wasn’t fit, as per getting subbed.

i still can’t believe he came to United for training help so that he could stay fit and find a new club. Instead here he is playing lots of games for United

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Honestly wouldn't think anything of him signing on for another year, helps the HG quota and all things being well, shouldn't see half as much football as he has done this year, will be useful alongside a young 4th CB in Europa Conference if we get in and as a captain for that side in general if we go young.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Him potentially outlasting varane is a funny thought to me.

Last edited:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
We should keep him for another year.

BorisManUtd

We know Varane will leave and probably one of Lindelof/Maguire as well so keep Evans for another season would be good decision. Hopefully he'll play less minutes next season if he stays though.

AndyMUFC

I think he's been one of our best players this season to be fair. We shouldn't be relying on him but he's done a great job.

I can't imagining us signing two centre backs this summer, so with Varane leaving and one or both of Maguire or Lindelof on the way out, he'd be worth another year as 4th or 5th choice.

Danny

Definitely worth an extra season. He was good last night, and he brings real experience to the squad and a winning mentality. Would love him to stay on as back up