Jonny Evans signs a 1 year contract

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I always figured we were kepeing him around in case Maguire fecks off at the last minute and we didn't have time to replace.

Maybe there's still a chance Harry goes to Saudi? Either way, he's the 5th choice CB and he'll barely play - so who really cares. He'll be good to have around the place for the youngsters you would have thought, and it'll make his wife happy.

Dan_F

I don't get this at all when Maguire is staying.
Zero risk and we’re probably paying peanuts. We currently have three fit centre backs with nothing coming through from the under 23s.

We’re one injury from having no centre back cover on the bench.

TsuWave

Imagine if he gets ahead of Maguire in the pecking order

BehemothTerror

Good signing, experienced PL CB who can fill in when needed for zero and counts as homegrown. More than good enough cover for 10+ games and chances to rest Varana/Martinez so they arent playing 40-50 full games

Kag

Zero risk and we’re probably paying peanuts. We currently have three fit centre backs with nothing coming through from the under 23s.

We’re one injury from having no centre back cover on the bench.
Don’t be so bloody sensible.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
i love Johnny Evans but this is not a sign of an ambitious club. The quicker the Glazer's go the better.

But i guess it if keeps the lovely Helen happy its ok with me.

abkmufc92

35 years old and has been constantly injured for the last two seasons, how can anyone say this is a good transfer.

Kag

I don't get this at all when Maguire is staying.
A club needs five first team centre halves. One of them being an older head who’ll hardly ever play is more or less perfect, as it means younger players can go out on loan instead of playing against children in the 23s.

I wouldn’t want to rely on him, but we’re an injury at centre half away from having zero cover on the bench.

It’s a win-win for everyone, really.

OverratedOpinion

Last minute spending spree!

Doubt he will really play more than a few minutes honestly. I would be surprised if he doesn't spend a lot of time with the U21s and start doing his coaching badges.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Only way this approaches the realm of acceptable is if Harry 'nothing to prove' Maguire does not see a single minute of play at OT this season

Malone_Post

He looked genuinely awful in pre-season.

If he plays any significant minutes we’re in trouble.

Irwin99

I'm fine with this. A bit of back up as we're all a bit worried about Varane.

People wondered if someone like Kim min-jae was really necessary but with Varane's injury prone nature we're obviously going to be in for another centre back next season. This is another stop-gap until then (yes another one :lol:)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Still can’t help but think this is part of our push to oust Maguire.

I reckon he will be gone in January.

T_Model101

Good deal, he'll probably take over that weird Tom Huddleston U21 deal next year

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Maguire now has 35 year old Jonny Evans ahead of him in the pecking order. Just feck off already.

el3mel

United signing 3 players on the last day. Two loans and an injured ex player.

Just like Woodward said before, we can do things other clubs can only wish they can!

cj_sparky

Heaton, Evans, McTominay and Rashford. Home Grown at Club quota for the Champions League.