Jordan Henderson | New Athletic Interview: I strongly believe that me playing in Saudi Arabia is a positive thing

ariveded

He aren't struggling, maybe his plan was always just a 6 months handsomely paid holiday.

And it's a lesson for all of us. These modern footballers are like politicians, all their beliefs have been taken with a pinch of salt. And how common people espeically young kids need better heroes than these elite footballers.

poleglass red

He aren't struggling, maybe his plan was always just a 6 months handsomely paid holiday.

And it's a lesson for all of us. These modern footballers are like politicians, all their beliefs have been taken with a pinch of salt. And how common people espeically young kids need better heroes than these elite footballers.

pretty hefty tax bill coming his way if that's the case.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He'll go to Newcastle won't he? Two bellend moves in one stroke.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

You've joking, right?

He signed up for 2 years and he fully intended to stay for 2 years and make an absolute ton of money. Now he's realised that there's more to life than money and that he'd rather play against proper teams, in front of proper crowds and he can still wear a short sleeved jersey in the middle of Winter if he wants.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This will be the final vilification of Ajax on the caf surely? They gave you Antony and Ten Hag and now Henderson will play for them.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
This will be the final vilification of Ajax on the caf surely? They gave you Antony and Ten Hag and now Henderson will play for them.
about time they had a taste of their own medicine.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
On a serious note, signing players from the Dutch league is always a big risk. Especially for a club near the top of the premier league. The level difference makes it basically a different sport.
So no problem for United.
Sorry.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
On a serious note, signing players from the Dutch league is always a big risk. Especially for a club near the top of the premier league. The level difference makes it basically a different sport.
Yeah. They tend to cost a bit less than from Spain, France and Germany so there is the odd bargain signing to be made but quite often they turn our not good enough for the prem.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I didn't want to be a cnut about it :lol:
also sorry
Someone had to do it. :lol:

But I agree in principle. The level really is extremely different. Especially if you arrive at a club with structural issues, it's hard to adapt.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Agreed. The level of quality is on par with the Bundesliga but the risk isn't as high as (up until the Antony transfer) you're less likely to get rinsed 80m for duds.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I warned you he wasn't good enough. Should've signed me as transfer consultant. We grew RVP though. Surely that helps.
He was fine for his age and transfer fee, and squad status. It's the injury that made it frustrating as we couldnt depend on him and he couldn't grow as a player

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He was fine for his age and transfer fee, and squad status. It's the injury that made it frustrating as we couldnt depend on him and he couldn't grow as a player
I honestly think he's just not good enough and never will be. He excelled in the Dutch league on tenacity, that's not enough at thr highest level.

I hope Im wrong mind you, he's a fantastic kid.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I honestly think he's just not good enough amlnd never will be. He excelled in the Dutch league on tenacity, that's not enough at thr highest level.

I hope Im wrong mind you, he's a fantastic kid.
Yeah I guess with that injury on top it may be even more bleak. As a back up I liked him though, he was better for us than Telles for example so it's not exactly a high bar.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The quality of players most PL clubs (bar City) have signed from the Bundesliga would suggest otherwise.
That's fair enough, but there's also been plenty of stars like Haaland, Lewandowski, DeBruybe etc. But in our league everything under the top 4 is rubbish. The difference in budget between our midtable and the Bundeliga's is enormous.

Needham

Daily Mail reporting if he doesn't complete his contract they'll chop his foot off.

JediSith

Hence why I said the Maths ratios are not the same but in terms of impact on life i's the same.

Do you really think taking home 500K per week makes a big difference compared to 100K per week? You live like a king either way.

Anyway, Jordan has come the same realization..... Which he should have known before he got greedy.
£2m per month
£400k per month.

Yeah it makes a huge difference. If the first is tax free and second U.K. tax within years huge lifestyle difference.

Hughes35

£2m per month
£400k per month.

Yeah it makes a huge difference. If the first is tax free and second U.K. tax within years huge lifestyle difference.
Maybe I'm wrong but what day to day difference to a lifestyle do you think a footballer would have with 20 million per year against 5 million per year for example?