Jordan Henderson | New Athletic Interview: I strongly believe that me playing in Saudi Arabia is a positive thing

norm87cro

An overrated limited dm whos time is up (should be with Rice) in an England shirt and that has gained some media popularity for whatever reason. Honestly the guy isnt even news worthy

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
Utter lack of character demonstrated. Go, stick with it, take the dough, feck principles
Whilst I don’t agree with that at least it’s a position.
Now, whilst actually being a money grabbing mercenary, who England fans despise, he cannot fecking hack it.
Deserves all the vitriol he will get. Pathetic
No need to bring Beckham into this!

Joel Miller

What an absolute sell out he is. I’m glad that all went so horribly for him. Destroyed his reputation now.

JogaBonitoRooney

What's all this players don't like the "fan support" there because some matches don't have over 1000 spectators. I doubt any player that goes there cares that much about how many people are watching for the amount of money they're getting.

I can understand players not liking the heat, having culture shock, not having many activities to do, being away from friends or making friends they have mutual interests with but fan support would hardly be the biggest issue. Media keeps going on about it.

DavelinaJolie

I'm so sick of all this claiming to be an ally then ditching support. I really hate the way some drape themselves in rainbow flags when it suits and they can get positive headlines, then drop the support if life gets tough or there's more money available. Applies to many sports organisations and commercial companies as well. Just sick of the bloody hypocrisy and being used to gain points during Pride. You’re either an ally or you’re not – and an ally is always an ally, not just when it’s convenient. Sorry for the rant.
Oh this two-faced crap happens in sport all the time. Look at the NFL. Wear pink for breast cancer awareness, to show support for women, also give huge contracts and coverage to people like Deshaun Watson and Tyreek Hill.

It's all about saying the right things, whilst demonstrably doing things that harm people and causes you pretend to care about. Money. Just money, that's the end game.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
This doesn’t make sense. You don’t pay tax on income overseas from day one if you move abroad. It’s only if you return before spending a full tax year outside the UK that you have to account for tax. Deferring the salary in KSA wouldn’t achieve anything.
Don't let facts get in the way of something hilarious.

BigRon1985

This debacle has given me the best laugh since the Prince Andrew interview........

As if sacrificing his principles for the filthy lucre wasn't bad enough, he comes back less than 6 months later with his tail between his legs effectively having had to buy himself out of his contract - brilliant!

Jordan Henderson - the gift that keeps giving! :lol:

babablue

This doesn’t make sense. You don’t pay tax on income overseas from day one if you move abroad. It’s only if you return before spending a full tax year outside the UK that you have to account for tax. Deferring the salary in KSA wouldn’t achieve anything.
He spent the first six months of 2023 in the UK. He would have owed tax on the money he earnt since the summer (which is the part he was deferring).

redshaw

What's all this players don't like the "fan support" there because some matches don't have over 1000 spectators. I doubt any player that goes there cares that much about how many people are watching for the amount of money they're getting.

I can understand players not liking the heat, having culture shock, not having many activities to do, being away from friends or making friends they have mutual interests with but fan support would hardly be the biggest issue. Media keeps going on about it.
They would've known the limited fans and they also talked about building up and growing the game over there, Henderson has said that himself. Media will be careful not to say too much and pick up some easy points.

I doubt Henderson is walking away from so much money after speaking about growing the game there due to low attendances, a guy in his last couple of years.

We'll probably find out more in the months and years. He has walked away from the money he went for and at least he has done right by his family or himself if it wasn't working out.