José Mourinho Press Conference - 9th August 09:30 BST | Embargoed quotes in OP - on Martial, Pogba

Sandyman

From the Utd Blog

My aims for this season

“The target is the Leicester match and the tactics to be changed - in Championship Manager you can just press a button. In football, you need time to work and you need players on the pitch to work with which we didn't have until now. I said that during pre-season - it looked like I was saying something absolutely out of order, it looked like I was saying something crazy – but I repeat, pre-season is difficult when you don't have your players to work with. It's as simple as that.”
The media is hard to believe

“It is difficult for me to believe that we finished second. When I listen, when I read, not much but sometimes I do, it's difficult to believe that we finished second because you [the media] are capable of making people finish second look like they were relegated and you're capable of making people who win nothing and finish below us look like serial winners… Sometimes it's difficult to believe - I won eight championships and three Premier Leagues, but I keep saying, thinking and feeling that the second position last season was one of my biggest achievements in the game.”

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes

Thomas A.Anderson

He is not brilliant
Debatable. From 2003 onwards he is the most decorated manager in the world.

His football is not pretty and flashy, but you cannot disregard the brilliance and ruthlessness his teams had.

On the other hand, which of our players in the past showed that they are the best in the world? De Gea excluded.

AngliaRed

Coming out strong today!

Lets all get behind him and the team instead of fecking moaning about him!

He’s our manager and will be for tomorrow’s game, so lets get behind him and the team and look forward to the new season.

rampo

What happened to Herrera now? We seem to be running on fumes now

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Real quotes from this conference can't be used to bash the manager so the folk on here start to look at hidden meanings. Classic.

Member 90887

People that only have negative shit to say can go say it elsewhere.

It's tiresome to hear: getting the excuses ready, lowering expectations. it has been said, again and again, find something new!

Siorac

Being negative for the sake of it,did you read the whole quote?
I did. Doesn't really change anything. He says getting 2nd was one of his biggest achievements. It can mean two things: he considers the teams that finished below us to be absolutely brilliant - or he thinks his squad is nowhere near "2nd place good". I'd say the latter explanation is far more likely, considering his constant moaning about his players in the last six months.