Jose Mourinho questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's long-term impact at Manchester United

Yagami

Good post resistant
Slightly OT, but what do people think our best performance under each of our past two managers has been?

LVG: Gotta be Juanfield for me. We made a mockery of Liverpool at Anfield, and put on one of the best performances at that ground that I have seen in a long time. The passing was sublime.

Mourinho: Much tougher to decide here. Maybe the 2-0 against Chelsea his first year? It is noticeable that as bad as the football was, LVG also had many more fantastic performances against the big clubs.
For van Gaal, I'd definitely agree with you. We played them off the park on their home soil. I can't remember us doing that once under Fergie despite having some of our greatest teams ever.

For Mourinho, I'd go with the Europa final against Ajax. That was an excellent defensive performance.

As a bonus, I'll go with Moyes' 4-1 win against Swansea in his first league game for him. It was all downhill from there!

Valencia Shin Crosses

What about 4-2 vs City at Old Trafford? also, the game against Tottenham where we won 3-0. That run only ended at Chelsea because Mou parked the bus and we were without Carrick. I'd say LVG's first season was quite good and his second season only got really bad after January after rumours began to spread that he'd be replaced by Mourhino.
The 4-2 against City was good, but City were absolute crap in that game. Tottenham is a good shout, but I'm still taking the spanking we gave our enemies on their home field.

LVG's first season basically went: Good football, Leceister meltdown, Horrendous football, amazing run with good football, then absolute crap the last month and a half that saw us almost lose our top 4 spot.

Second season was just crap overall.

MuFc_1992

The 4-2 against City was good, but City were absolute crap in that game. Tottenham is a good shout, but I'm still taking the spanking we gave our enemies on their home field.

LVG's first season basically went: Good football, Leceister meltdown, Horrendous football, amazing run with good football, then absolute crap the last month and a half that saw us almost lose our top 4 spot.

Second season was just crap overall.
For some reason I have a really good memory of LVG's first season. It must be because of those big game performances after absolute clusterfeck we witnessed under Moyes.

CheckOne

retired veteran
Inappropriate Content
Jose Mourinho should be taken out and shot in front of his children for his performance at United since December 2017. For that 12 months alone and up until his sacking he has lost all credibility to judge United managers past, present or future given his failure was so complete. Compare and contrast to today, where the old United and the culture of our great club has been restored.

Borden

Jose Mourinho should be taken out and shot in front of his children for his performance at United since December 2017. For that 12 months alone and up until his sacking he has lost all credibility to judge United managers past, present or future given his failure was so complete. Compare and contrast to today, where the old United and the culture of our great club has been restored.
I think that’s a tad excessive.

TRUERED89

No need for all that gosh, shot infront of his children :eek:, he fecked up and he was sacked rightly so, he's history lets forget about the "Finished One", and ignore his comments from now on. He's trying to cover himself in glory so he can get the Madrid job again, he's questioning OGS as not the long term choice for United but he's never lasted long term anywhere himself. Quite the contradiction.

CheckOne

retired veteran
I didn't mean it literally, Jesus wept :lol:

What I did mean was he did a God awful job at United for the last 12 months he was with us, and as a result I find it incredulous that he questions young managers.

Compare and contrast this to the long, detailed and warm support Scott Parker received from Sir Alex and you have right there why Jose failed and will continue to fail.

ghagua

Praying this cnut does not get a job at a top club, or even a job period. Have a feeling stupid Real will fall for his tricks again.

SapperBRed75

Disappointed if JM has made this comment, but if so, it's further validation that he wasn't a good fit for us - he simply cannot accept that a different way might work. 15 or so games in, we're past the point that a simple switch in personality would sustain such a dramatic change in results, attitude (team and individual performances) and resilience. Despite his record, and brilliance at times, he manifests clear narcissistic tendancies. Glad we're rid of this toxicity. Good luck in your next two year assignment Jose. x

Anak Portal

Mou being a comedian after got sacked:lol:
If i choose LvG, Moyes, Mou, i will go to LvG, maybe boring but easy to knock down our rivals!
God bless you, Mou
I hope you landing in Bernabeu after this statement

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If the Real fans near me are anything to go by, there'll be fecking mutiny if he goes back - was surprised to here that fans in the ground were chanting for him to be honest.
Mourinho is the master of twist. He's told the whole world it was United's fault and there was a poor structure. The players weren't up to it. He's an elite coach :rolleyes:

A few days of fancy talking as a pundit and suddenly he's worthy of being paid millions again :lol:

Canagel

Mourinho is the master of twist. He's told the whole world it was United's fault and there was a poor structure. The players weren't up to it. He's an elite coach :rolleyes:

A few days of fancy talking as a pundit and suddenly he's worthy of being paid millions again :lol:
he already did it once before . United fans calling for his name and selling scarfs with his face on it whilst LVG was still manager. no-one is better in world football at shaping narratives and getting people to buy into his nonsensss.

bleedred

This result should surely reduce his market value for sure. What a refreshing change from Sevilla last year.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If the Real fans near me are anything to go by, there'll be fecking mutiny if he goes back - was surprised to hear that fans in the ground were chanting for him to be honest.
There are hardly any top managers available for real to ruin anymore

Irrational.

Eat shit, Jose. All season he convinced us that United weren't good enough to compete with the elite. Cowardly performances against the likes of Sevilla should've been the end of him.

I hope he was made to watch every second of that in a television studio somewhere and watch him sqeal as he tries to explain why Ole's getting more out of the same players.

I hope he's burning with jealousy and Ole's success makes him an even more bitter, burnt out and twisted man. I cannot believe I ever supported this self-preserving, hotel-dwelling, throwing players-under-the-bus, three finger raising, player wrecking, team-sabotaging-to-prove-a-point, Martial hating, Perisic/ Willian loving, Maguire demanding, creativity restraining stubborn dinosaur.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Mourinho was a fraud. And so were the lot on here who saw jesus christ himself in that man.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ole is just mugging of Mourinho over and over again with every passing game now

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

I have repeatedly said he's made to be a politician. Very manipulative and not in a nice way.

Bobski

Mourinho should have been sacked the morning after the Sevilla game at OT last year. His whole attitude and self protecting attempts to diminish the club were disgusting and it amazed me that he had people defending him. The man should never have been allowed near the club in the first place.

John Blund

Mourinho:
Smalling was having a good game, but it was all my instructions! I tell him to be a better defender all the time!

Jokes aside, Mourinho's performance in the 3rd season is frightening. He's a true short term solution.

R'hllor

What a experience tonight vs the amount of drivel this place let slide after Sevilla game and his post match interview... shame on you.

Robertd0803

Tonight was worlds apart from the woeful performance vs Sevilla. And that was at home as well :mad:

Says a lot.

Sauldogba

Oles doing a really good job.
Never thought he had it in him to do what he done vs Psg.I think long term he might,just might be our Fergie.

On Jose I said it in another thread related to Jose that seeing how well we are performing and the strength in depth we have i think Jose has actually built/left us with an extremely good squad.Maybe one or two players away from a title challenge or even the Champions League.

Really impressed with the signings of Dalot and Lindeloff.I think theres a good player in there with regards to Fred.Loving the fire power we have in attack as well.Just a shame he created such a toxic enviroment,implemented a negavtive brand of football and the players choosing to down tools and play badly on purpose.

Lam

Mourinho becoming unemployable with every passing minute.

hkjack

Supports
Man City
Oles doing a really good job.

On Jose I said it in another thread related to Jose that seeing how well we are performing and the strength in depth we have i think Jose has actually built/left us with an extremely good squad.Maybe one or two players away from a title challenge or even the Champions League.

Really impressed with the signings of Dalot and Lindeloff.I think theres a good player in there with regards to Fred.Loving the fire power we have in attack as well.Just a shame he created such a toxic enviroment,implemented a negavtive brand of football and the players choosing to down tools and play badly on purpose.
Jose's fanboy think that the squad was built by Woodward

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
His football heritage bullshit is looking more and more ridiculous by the minute

TRUERED89

Take that Jose you fecking mug! Had us thrown out by Sevilla last year! Do 1!!!