Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

RedTiger

Half mast
If he fails at Roma, will his past achievements still get him a job at a big french or dutch team ?

Can't see a big PL team going back in for him, and it appears that the doors in Italy and Spain would be closed aswell.

If he can't get into a PSV/Ajax or PSG/Lyon team, where would he end up in your eyes ?
Manager of the US national side.

Dve

To be fair, he did take the blame for the loss. Something along with "It´s my fault that I put those shit players on the pitch. I knew they were bad, but...".

GlasgowCeltic

To be fair, he did take the blame for the loss. Something along with "It´s my fault that I put those shit players on the pitch. I knew they were bad, but...".
Nuno has already used that excuse at Spurs, he learnt from the best

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
The funny thing is, I've seen some of his advocates actually accept this as a legitimate way of taking responsibility for loss.

Like "Cut him some slack man, he said it was his fault, alright?".

As for Roma fans, I'm really not sad about them, they generally got what they deserved. They hated Spalletti, they hated Fonseca. When Mourinho arrived, they were jubilant because of champion mentality he was about to bring to club. Now they will have to deal with negativity for at least a year, and then start restructuring again next summer.

They also celebrated getting rid of donkey Džeko :lol:

Luke1995

A Dutch team definitely won't take him. Mourinho's playstyle is completely antithetical to how Dutch teams setup and play. Can you imagine Ajax going from Ten Hag to Mourinho? As for France? Even if a Lyon or Marseilles type team take him, I think his ego will only accept Paris, who definitely won't take him.

I reckon he'll wait for the Portuguese national team role. I think it would actually suit him quite well too.
I actually think if Mourinho is given the money to get the players he wants he could still deliver titles. That's basically what he complained about when he was here, and Van Gaal had the same complaints aswell.

So maybe he could make it work at a PSG/Newcastle type of team unless he is so past it that even all the money in the world couldn't save him.

CloneMC16

I actually think if Mourinho is given the money to get the players he wants he could still deliver titles. That's basically what he complained about when he was here, and Van Gaal had the same complaints aswell.

So maybe he could make it work at a PSG/Newcastle type of team unless he is so past it that even all the money in the world couldn't save him.
Having all of the money in the world won't get you every player that you want. Van Gaal wanted to sign players that obviously weren't available. He complained about not being able to sign Neymar, Ramos, and Muller. Big clubs aren't going to bend over and easily sell you their best players.

He will still struggle at Newcastle. Top tier players aren't going to go there. Even if they're paid extremely well. They will have no chance of winning anything there for a good few years.

LawmanMan

Mourinho is finished. When he lost guys like AVB he was never the same. He also evolved into a caricature of himself, with a bizarre defensive obsession. If you remember his first great Chelsea team, they were a footballing machine due to Duff and Robben's swashbuckling play. The fact he sold Duff speaks volumes to his lack of judgement. Also sold Lukaku, De Bruyne, etc cheaply.

We simply could not compete with his peak Chelsea side at the time, and it speaks to how astute Ferguson was to find a way to beat them.

Luke1995

Having all of the money in the world won't get you every player that you want. Van Gaal wanted to sign players that obviously weren't available. He complained about not being able to sign Neymar, Ramos, and Muller. Big clubs aren't going to bend over and easily sell you their best players.

He will still struggle at Newcastle. Top tier players aren't going to go there. Even if they're paid extremely well. They will have no chance of winning anything there for a good few years.
Didn't Anzhi from Russia sign a bunch of top tier players back in the day ? Like Eto'o and William. I could see a few top players going to Jose's next club due to wanting to be managed by him.

Sviken

United have money, but they do not have unlimited money like City, Newcastle or PSG have. Almost every player has a price.

The Hilton

Hes not been the same or really delivered results needed ever since rui faria left to try management for himself instead of being a no2. Some managers just arent the same when they split with their trusted no2 lieutenant.

He'd still do better with our current squad than Ole, but that says more about Ole than him.
He really wouldn't, the players be in full mutiny. Not endorsing Ole, but Mou's toxicity far exceeds any managerial or tactical nous he has left.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Some people actually still think he would win us the league. Bless.
He would not play Greenwood or Sancho, would only play Rashford from time to time because he would need him but still complain after every game about him, would play Lingard all the time and of course Pogba, Shaw and risk taker Bruno would love him.
And all this before we actually consider that he stopped being good enough long time ago.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think RM stint destroyed him.

What got him success was building that siege mentality - us vs the world. With the RM stint, I think, he started doubting and questioning his own players. It didn't remain us vs them any longer. It became Some of us vs them, and considering the players he was falling out with were big players, players with influence, the entire siege mentality thing fell apart

dinostar77

He really wouldn't, the players be in full mutiny. Not endorsing Ole, but Mou's toxicity far exceeds any managerial or tactical nous he has left.
Players are already in mutiny against Ole. Hes been called out by players in the dressing room already.

Gandalf

Players are already in mutiny against Ole. Hes been called out by players in the dressing room already.
You are going to need to back that up with some facts because every comment out of that dressing room has been about how much they love playing for Ole. Sure Donny's agent has whined about playing time but the players are nowhere near close to mutiny against Ole, that is just a total fabrication.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The funny thing is, I've seen some of his advocates actually accept this as a legitimate way of taking responsibility for loss.

Like "Cut him some slack man, he said it was his fault, alright?".

As for Roma fans, I'm really not sad about them, they generally got what they deserved. They hated Spalletti, they hated Fonseca. When Mourinho arrived, they were jubilant because of champion mentality he was about to bring to club. Now they will have to deal with negativity for at least a year, and then start restructuring again next summer.

They also celebrated getting rid of donkey Džeko :lol:
This result aside, I heard Jose has Roma playing surprisingly good, attacking football this season. You watched them play?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Some people actually still think he would win us the league. Bless.
He would not play Greenwood or Sancho, would only play Rashford from time to time because he would need him but still complain after every game about him, would play Lingard all the time and of course Pogba, Shaw and risk taker Bruno would love him.
And all this before we actually consider that he stopped being good enough long time ago.
Jose talked about bringing Greenwood through into the first team just before he got sacked. He wouldn't have signed Sancho after we got Ronaldo as Greenwood would play on the right. Would have definitely tried to sort midfield.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Jose talked about bringing Greenwood through into the first team just before he got sacked. He wouldn't have signed Sancho after we got Ronaldo as Greenwood would play on the right. Would have definitely tried to sort midfield.
Jose talks a lot.

EtH

Christ. The state of this post. And in this thread of all the threads on the forum.

Just let us enjoy Jose being shit.

lsd

The Oracle

The same Jose that barely played Rashford?

PSG wouldn't touch him.

Newcastle would 100% take Jose, and he'd happily take their money. I'd love to see the insufferable Newcastle fans having their lottery win ruined by having to watch the utter misery Jose served up.

peridigm

PSG wouldn't touch him.

Newcastle would 100% take Jose, and he'd happily take their money. I'd love to see the insufferable Newcastle fans having their lottery win ruined by having to watch the utter misery Jose served up.
It’s inevitable that he goes there. He’s managed everywhere else. Would like to see it for the entertainment value.

alexthelion

Of course not, we signed Sancho first.

::sonny::

Won’t remain there for much time

But Roma fans are used to low standards in everything

They consider Mourinho a god

Xhaka their dream signing

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
Not the poster who made the original comment but I assume he is referring to Bruno’s latest interview when amongst other things, he said that the coaching staff needs to improve.

Pogba also ignoring Ole hints in that direction.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah just like he didn't sign Sanchez when Martial was playing so well.

RUCK4444

Throws his players under the bus and embarrasses them whenever his ego takes a hit.

I wouldn’t show this guy an ounce of respect regardless of past achievements, you don’t gain respect with interviews like this.

The whole Shaw incident really showed this egomaniac up for what he really is.

Needham

Wish he'd manage the actual Roma. They wouldn't put up with his shit

Foxbatt

Throws his players under the bus and embarrasses them whenever his ego takes a hit.

I wouldn’t show this guy an ounce of respect regardless of past achievements, you don’t gain respect with interviews like this.

The whole Shaw incident really showed this egomaniac up for what he really is.
I saw nothing wrong with his interview. He said the truth. What is he going to say? That the referee cheated? He said the opponents first team was better than his second team. He expected his team to be good enough but they were not. And the best team won. He is right in everything he said.

RUCK4444

I saw nothing wrong with his interview. He said the truth. What is he going to say? That the referee cheated? He said the opponents first team was better than his second team. He expected his team to be good enough but they were not. And the best team won. He is right in everything he said.
He did what he always does with his players, especially youth players, kill their confidence to preserve his ego.

I’m sure they feel great to hear some no mark team from a shite league are much better players than them, just what you want to hear from your coach.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What's happened to Chris Smalling? Injured or just frozen out as thought he might play in their second team at least.

Foxbatt

He did what he always does with his players, especially youth players, kill their confidence to preserve his ego.

I’m sure they feel great to hear some no mark team from a shite league are much better players than them, just what you want to hear from your coach.
It's better for him to have faith in himself than to lose it by sheltering his second string.