Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Out of the Coppa now and lost 4 of his 6 Rome derbies in his Roma tenure.

Lazio are not a good team at all this season so that really isn't good. Think his Roma tenure will end early like Spurs if they go out of europa in March/early April.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Out of the Coppa now and lost 4 of his 6 Rome derbies in his Roma tenure.

Lazio are not a good team at all this season so that really isn't good. Think his Roma tenure will end early like Spurs if they go out of europa in March/early April.
He only gets a pass from Roma fans because of reaching an Europa league final and also because of his bravado. But if you compare his points and xG tally with his predecessor, his work will not look good if you bare in mind his predecessor had a much weaker squad and actually made more points, higher xG and scored more goals with second rate forwards (excepting Dzeko).

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Where will he find a better job? Roma's inferiority complex is such a good match for his hurt ego. He has convinced them that not creating a good chance until the 88th minute against their local rivals is perfectly normal, and the Olimpico is sold out more often than not during his tenure. It was mentioned after the derby that his record against the rest of the 7 sisters plus Atalanta (in all competitions) is 8 wins, 8 draws and 21 defeats, with 37 goals for and 51 against, in 37 matches. Top paid manager in Serie A (shares the first spot with Allegri)...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Outplayed by Milan
Well yeah, Milan are far better and they were at home. Kind of a given

The general level of performance against the good teams though is a genuine issue and one that's been present since season 1. And now the fans are starting to lose faith as well because he keeps losing derbies...

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Wonder when he retires from coaching, he is so clearly past it.

Rodgerzzz

Surely this time he's going to sit out and wait on the Portuguese NT job? For all his faults he's a genuine character that has brought a lot to the game so it's sad to see him fail once more but at the same time what is more peak Mourinho than leaving your job in the 3rd Season.

RedChisel

Done at the top level. Can't see him getting the Portugal job, even after the Euros. No one wants to watch his terrible brand of football anymore.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Turned on his players and lost the dressing room after the derby loss.

His entire gameplan relied on Dybala, who is often injured.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He's just such a miserable, pessimistic dullard these days. The old JoMo, with the swagger, the arrogance, the special one moment is long gone.

I think he needs time away from the game.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Must be a directive from the squad and the toxicity, which almost always seems to breed in his 3rd year, as they could quite easily still finish in the CL spots right?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I wonder whats next, international management maybe? Or another Italian club?

I don't think any club in England would touch him now.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I wonder whats next, international management maybe? Or another Italian club?

I don't think any club in England would touch him now.
I think Newcastle might take a risk with him. He’ll have money to spend and has a record of winning a trophy/getting to finals. Be funny if it happened because he use to always go on about other teams having loads to spend.

DuruttiColumn

I’d honestly have him back. At least the players would understand what the hell they are supposed to be doing

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He didn't get a chance to win a trophy at Tottenham. He's still salty about it. :lol:
True… although as I’ve just said he has a record of getting to finals which he did do just didn’t get the chance to take part in it :lol:

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Is this his longest stint as manager?
Nope, he finished his third season at Real Madrid, of all clubs haha..that's his only finished third season at a club...
Edit: actually he finished the third season at Chelsea too in his first stint there. He was sacked in Sept 2007, the beginning of his fourth season..

Last edited:

Phil Osophy

Congrats to Jose after another sacking. After all he's just after the money at this point. If you see his teams play in the last years and overall results, his miserable manners, it's amazing how there's still decent clubs hiring him.

It's been obvious for ages that he's washed up, completely devoid of ideas and genuine hunger and love for the game. If he had some dignity he'd retire and go back to TV where he belongs these days.