Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Precaution

He's 60 now which is on the verge of retirement in football management, he was football next biggest thing, the "special one" but got found out rather quickly with his tactics and attitude, only can throw your players under the bus so much. Best job for him is the National Team, England/Portugal or Brazil where he wouldn't have to get two craps about team bonding etc and he can semi retire on a pay packet that will feed his family for years to come

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think it’s a slightly harsh sacking. I know they’re doing bad right now but the race for top 4 is very close.

Nickelodeon

Ironic that despite all his gestures centered around '3', he rarely gets past his 3rd season with a club.

TsuWave

I think it’s a slightly harsh sacking. I know they’re doing bad right now but the race for top 4 is very close.
I think most clubs don’t wait until the season’s completely done to- :wenger:

neon_badger

Sacking never feels like the right word in the context of football managers. It's a strong word for what is basically a pretty soft, often beneficial outcome.

tenhagsimp

Did he do some stupid shit on his 3rd birthday and got cursed by a gypsy ? Looks like a comedy movie plot, a football coach who always get sacked in his 3rd year of coaching and he embarks a journey to Shambala to break the curse. Anyhow seriously he's just so past it now and its sad to see. Even in highlights Roma looked horrible to watch. Ironic for someone who was known as a huge innovator in English football circa early 2000s. I remember that dejected feeling I had when we faced his first Chelsea team. I love SAF but the truth was he always got blown out of water by Mou's first Chelsea team on head to head.

edit: just checked transfermarkt and SAF only managed to beat him 3 times from 16 matches. Record is 7W6D3L for Mou

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He got a free pass due to his persona and bravado, because if you look at the basic indicators (points won in the league by season and the xG), his predecessor made a much better job with a much more terrible squad.
But as Fonseca didn't had the same charisma and the new owners announced his replacement by Mourinho a bit after mid-season (who the feck does that) which made the players indiferent to the rest of the season. And even in that season the points tally was decent, despite the lack of motivation from the players.

Sir Erik ten Hag

He got a free pass due to his persona and bravado, because if you look at the basic indicators (points won in the league by season and the xG), his predecessor made a much better job with a much more terrible squad.
But as Fonseca didn't had the same charisma and the new owners announced his replacement by Mourinho a bit after mid-season (who the feck does that) which made the players indiferent to the rest of the season. And even in that season the points tally was decent, despite the lack of motivation from the players.
To be fair, expertise and experience can be gained gradually. Charisma is not. You’re either born with it, or not at all.

neon_badger

Won't be suprised if we see him working as a pundit for the rest of season and the Euros, getting paid to watch football in 5* luxury all over Europe, nice work if you get it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It’s a bit sad to see the be honest. Such a great manager now being sacked by clubs like AS Roma.

Dan_F

Sacking never feels like the right word in the context of football managers. It's a strong word for what is basically a pretty soft, often beneficial outcome.
Mad isn’t it. Mourinho must have made an absolute killing from compensation. I wonder which manager has made the most from compensation in their career.

Imagine having your wage being paid out for the next two years and being free to go and get a job at a competitor tomorrow.

Gordon Godot

It’s a bit sad to see the be honest. Such a great manager now being sacked by clubs like AS Roma.
Why is it sad? Was a successful manager, but is he a great? Awful and negative management style, liked to throw players under the bus, toxic attitude, and generally negative playing style.

Conor

He's 60 now which is on the verge of retirement in football management, he was football next biggest thing, the "special one" but got found out rather quickly with his tactics and attitude, only can throw your players under the bus so much. Best job for him is the National Team, England/Portugal or Brazil where he wouldn't have to get two craps about team bonding etc and he can semi retire on a pay packet that will feed his family for years to come
'Found out rather quickly', what a ridiculous thing to say :lol:

Aretak

He's finished at club level, but I think he'd do well if he takes on a national side. He gets more and more miserable and prickly as the day to day grind of club management wears on him, which isn't an issue with a national side where he can relax at home for weeks/months between games. His style of football these days is also better suited for a cup run than a league campaign.