Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

United58

Mourinho always loved to divide and conquer, but now that his value is 0 none of his divisions work

GazTheLegend

Fallen out with Danny Rose and don't reckon it will be long before Dele Alli has had enough of him too.

If there's even a hint of a player being unprofessional Jose simply cannot hide his disgust for them. In some ways he's completely correct and modern footballers are too precious - but that's a big part of why he has struggled to adapt. He continued to SIGN such players despite all the warning signs being there that they simply weren't his kinds of player.

jackal&hyde

I get that it's not easy to cope with injuries, but the way he talks you would think he has to play the under 18s every week. There are more ways to play then just with a target man. He has a good set of players at the back that are also very good at passing, a good set of midfielders with skill and steal, and some tricky attackers. Use Dele Ali as a false 9 and play around that. I can't tell if he's just tactically limited or more likely just making his usual doom and gloom excuses or both. His team plays like crap from the back to the front, can't hide behind a lack of a target man for that.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I get that it's not easy to cope with injuries, but the way he talks you would think he has to play the under 18s every week. There are more ways to play then just with a target man. He has a good set of players at the back that are also very good at passing, a good set of midfielders with skill and steal, and some tricky attackers. Use Dele Ali as a false 9 and play around that. I can't tell if he's just tactically limited or more likely just making his usual doom and gloom excuses or both. His team plays like crap from the back to the front, can't hide behind a lack of a target man for that.
His way is to be backed in the transfer market, and also get on with it on the pitch. It’s too old school imo. Some players need their egos massaged, some will cope with a kick up the arse, some need an arm round the shoulders. Not sure Jose does any of that particularly well, it’s hard for him and it’s getting harder for him to operate in this age within big clubs.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Fallen out with Danny Rose and don't reckon it will be long before Dele Alli has had enough of him too.

If there's even a hint of a player being unprofessional Jose simply cannot hide his disgust for them. In some ways he's completely correct and modern footballers are too precious - but that's a big part of why he has struggled to adapt. He continued to SIGN such players despite all the warning signs being there that they simply weren't his kinds of player.
Danny Rose is at Newcastle so hardly a big deal :D.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I'm a bit on Mourinho side on this (I've never been one of his PT fan boys, mind you), despite I partially agree that against weaker oppositions the injuries should never be an issue: most of the EPL teams would gladly accept Spurs problems if they could switch squads immediately.

Having said that, I also have to add that no matter how much talk about beautiful playing we do, football, just like any other team sport, is a numbers game. If player X and Y scores about 70% of the teams goals, and those players get injured, then you got a huge problem to solve. Placing U19s in their place or using players out of position won't gonna solve the problem that you need someone to score 70% of the goals to replace their productivity on the team.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Didn’t he want to sign Danny Rose when he was here? More money that would’ve been well spent.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I’m looking forward to which player he’s going to scapegoat today

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Levy should give him £200m to spend...oh wait.

Spurs fans were spoiled under pochettino. Mourinho will just complain about his squad and create a negative atmosphere. Pochettino did his job and smashed expectations despite not being supported by his board

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Toby has been awful for several matches and Lloris is injured again.
The decision to renew his contract was stupid, Levy will see that and it'll impact Mourinho future decisions as I have no doubt it was Mourinho who really pushed for Alderweireld's new contract

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The decision to renew his contract was stupid, Levy will see that and it'll impact Mourinho future decisions as I have no doubt it was Mourinho who really pushed for Alderweireld's new contract
He is still an excellent player, just out of form.

charlenefan

He is still an excellent player, just out of form.
We're probably 2 or 3 years past when Alderweireld was last excellent. He may have had the odd good game over the past 18 months but not enough to still class him as excellent

In my opinion of course

Steve Bruce

We're probably 2 or 3 years past when Alderweireld was last excellent. He may have had the odd good game over the past 18 months but not enough to still class him as excellent

In my opinion of course
Last season he was decent but not great, the season before that I thought he was the best in the league.

He's dropped off the edge of a cliff it seems.

charlenefan

Last season he was decent but not great, the season before that I thought he was the best in the league.

He's dropped off the edge of a cliff it seems.
The season before last he basically didn't play so as I said we're 2 to 3 years since he was at his best

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wins drying up with Son injured.

Reminds me of that time when Zlatan got injured and he was crying about actually having to play Rashford/Martial through the centre. Simply not an adaptable coach anymore when key attackers get injured.

Norwich is really a huge game in context of not just their season but probably Mourinho's reign at Spurs I think. It's clear he's going all out to win it with his team selections and it would give him at least a season's grace with the fans/board given their lack of silverwhere in last 12 years.

Won't be easy as Norwich have played well in both games in the league v Spurs, think Son got the late winner in the home game. Lose it and Spurs will be out of FA cup, very likely CL the next week and not certain to finish 5th so then Mourinho will start doing his usual political interviews which usually creates tension.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Has Vertonghen really fallen off the cliff this season btw? Keep reading he's lost a yard but surprised Mourinho isn't still playing him as a deep LB just for his leadership. Reminds me of when everyone said Azpilcueta was finished not so long ago but he's had a decent season at Chelsea.

If Sanchez is your new leader/organiser at the back then can't say I'm surprised Spurs keep conceding at least twice in the league.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Wins drying up with Son injured.

Reminds me of that time when Zlatan got injured and he was crying about actually having to play Rashford/Martial through the centre. Simply not an adaptable coach anymore when key attackers get injured.

Norwich is really a huge game in context of not just their season but probably Mourinho's reign at Spurs I think. It's clear he's going all out to win it with his team selections and it would give him at least a season's grace with the fans/board given their lack of silverwhere in last 12 years.

Won't be easy as Norwich have played well in both games in the league v Spurs, think Son got the late winner in the home game. Lose it and Spurs will be out of FA cup, very likely CL the next week and not certain to finish 5th so then Mourinho will start doing his usual political interviews which usually creates tension.
See what you did there.

Mindhunter

People are too quick to tighten the noose. I detest Mourinho and don't want to see him anywhere near us but people are expecting miracles from him and then declaring his demise when he is unable to deliver one.

Let's not forget that he just joined the club mid way through the season and has had to pick the players up after a dire run of form. Also, he replaced somebody who was at the helm for a long time effectively having to reset the culture and work environment.

Even though he is nowhere near a top level coach anymore, he still has the ability to get solid performances out of his players. Let's judge him after a summer window.

Mourinho must give up his "go big or go home" mentality as he simply isn't at that level anymore. He has started to get to terms with it by accepting the Spurs job in the first place, knowing fully well that he won't be competing for top honors. I believe that we will slowly see a metamorphosis.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Has Vertonghen really fallen off the cliff this season btw? Keep reading he's lost a yard but surprised Mourinho isn't still playing him as a deep LB just for his leadership. Reminds me of when everyone said Azpilcueta was finished not so long ago but he's had a decent season at Chelsea.

If Sanchez is your new leader/organiser at the back then can't say I'm surprised Spurs keep conceding at least twice in the league.
He has yeah - he looks utterly spent at the top level which is a shame.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Levy should give him £200m to spend...oh wait.

Spurs fans were spoiled under pochettino. Mourinho will just complain about his squad and create a negative atmosphere. Pochettino did his job and smashed expectations despite not being supported by his board
Give over ffs. Boring now

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
After watching the highlights, I actually thought Spurs were actually decently assembled on the field. It was an even match and was decided in favour to the team who committed less individual mistakes.

The only "true" goal of the match was Aurier goal: there was little the players could do to prevent it to happen.

Spurs players were too eager to keep trying to recover the ball / tackle the ball instead of just shadowing and cover the exits, and that leads to the mistakes we saw on 2nd and 3rd goal.

While pressing you can't go gung ho on trying to tackle the opponent, because if you fail to do it, you will be one less body to cover the lines.

Sylar

Didnt see yesterdays game, but the one before (CL) it seems he sets up Spurs to play as if Kane is playing, but using Moura. So so bizarre.

Agree that hes not an adaptable coach.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
When he first came on he immediately improved their defence by leaps and bounds

And now that defence is worse than it ever was under Pochettino

He really doesn't seem to know what to do without Kane and Son

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Didnt see yesterdays game, but the one before (CL) it seems he sets up Spurs to play as if Kane is playing, but using Moura. So so bizarre.

Agree that hes not an adaptable coach.
He evolved into one, tbh. In his seasons at Porto he had no strikers on the last games of the season. He won the CL without a real striker, same with UEFA Cup.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
When he first came on he immediately improved their defence by leaps and bounds

And now that defence is worse than it ever was under Pochettino

He really doesn't seem to know what to do without Kane and Son
Some managers can't cope with certain flaws in the squad. Mourinho teams work better if they have a reliable defensive midfielder (anchor style) and a reliable midfielder who can give either creativity and goal scoring threat. Kane and Son would help to disguise this weaknesses because opponents would have to be more alert.

romufc

He did the same at United when he kept saying I play Lukaku because he is the only striker he has.

He loves a target man up top.

People forget as a manager, Jose has spent the most money. Everyone talks about what he done with Porto, Inter etc, but since then he has spent money everywhere he's been.

Pep's Suit

Yeah, he's past it but on paper their squad is Top5 in PL. Will be interesting how much he can spend but a lot of teams struggle in same areas (GK, fullbacks).

Paul_Scholes18

Why do Spurs defend so poorly? Thought it was Mourinhos special skill to organize the defense.

izec

Why do Spurs defend so poorly? Thought it was Mourinhos special skill to organize the defense.
Yeah if he has world class defenders. He hasn't got that at Spurs and he is past it anyway. He even bought Lindelöf recently, who is not a good defender.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah if he has world class defenders. He hasn't got that at Spurs and he is past it anyway. He even bought Lindelöf recently, who is not a good defender.
It looked good for us with Jones and Bailly for a while. He has worked well with non world class defenders before. Granted De gea was a beast then too and Matic helped.
It only lasted half a season before we struggled too.

Status
Not open for further replies.