Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
I still think Jose took this job solely for the dismissal compensation. I don't feel that way about United - I think he genuinely felt the board would 100% back him and he'd win some honours, here. At Spurs, he has a board renowned for being miserly with transfer funds. I think he took this job solely with the intention of being fired ASAP.
Madness imo. Why would one of the all-time great managers need to be shopping around for compensation funds from fecking Spurs? He could instead take jobs with the intent of winning honours, increasing his salary and potential future salaries at other, bigger clubs through rehabilitating his image. I'm sure that's what he hopes for. The idea that Jose set out to pocket £20m by deliberately torching the place is insane

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I still think Jose took this job solely for the dismissal compensation. I don't feel that way about United - I think he genuinely felt the board would 100% back him and he'd win some honours, here. At Spurs, he has a board renowned for being miserly with transfer funds. I think he took this job solely with the intention of being fired ASAP.
That is an absolutely ridiculous suggestion.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Not bitter, he's basically being truthful if you take away Arsenal and Wolves. The others are all better placed than us to rival him.

He looks like a smirking tennis ball now.
Sheffield and Wolves better placed than United after spending £200m. Has Ole transformed us into Cardiff? This is a joke.

Mourinho knew what he was doing with that comment. He basically saying we have become a joke club that is lead by a joke manager. If we had Pochettino, Tuchel, Nagelsman and some other top coaches, I m sure Mourinho will mention us

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That is an absolutely ridiculous suggestion.
It's quite an extreme suggestion that I don't agree with but I think you'll be surprised with how disengaged he is these days. Been there, done that, reset his priorities and money is now a dominant driver in a way it wasn't before

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Bitter - we are bad. But we have every bit of chance as Wolves or Sheffield or Everton or Arsenal

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It's quite an extreme suggestion that I don't agree with but I think you'll be surprised with how disengaged he is these days. Been there, done that, reset his priorities and money is now a dominant driver in a way it wasn't before
You're both posters who write a lot stuff that I agree with... but this is I really don't.

He's taken the Spuds job as he wants to be the guy who finally wins a trophy with them - no doubt. He wants that, and you can tell with some of the quotes from Spuds players about trophies that he's talking to them a lot about winning trophies.

Winning a trophy with Spuds is like an easy(ish) way to reclaim some of his legendary status.

He also gets to work with Kane, Alli, Son, Dier etc who are all very much 'Mourinho players'.

If he can get them going and build some momentum, he'll be a good match for Spurs imo.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Why would he be bitter? He got himself sacked and clearly wanted out. Think he's having a go at us for completely dropping all standards.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
You're both posters who write a lot stuff that I agree with... but this is I really don't.

He's taken the Spuds job as he wants to be the guy who finally wins a trophy with them - no doubt. He wants that, and you can tell with some of the quotes from Spuds players about trophies that he's talking to them a lot about winning trophies.

Winning a trophy with Spuds is like an easy(ish) way to reclaim some of his legendary status.

He also gets to work with Kane, Alli, Son, Dier etc who are all very much 'Mourinho players'.

If he can get them going and build some momentum, he'll be a good match for Spurs imo.
He appointed an interesting choice as assistant, who is considered to be someone with high football knowledge and is working on high profile jobs since young age and takes a more modern approach to the tactical training, which is Sacramento specialty.

Let's see if Mourinho can reinvent himself and start delegating some tasks on the training ground.

ColvaleGoa

So the press picks up on Mourinho not picking United . Guess Mission accomplished for Mourinho ,he is back in the headlines and also taking a dig at United. Lot of United Fans getting knickers in twist , cmon guys you knew this was coming.

Let's hope Ole uses this as reverse psychology to motivate our sad lot. But really we know how our standards have dropped, can't really blame Mourinho for pointing out the obvious.

R'hllor

This is the guy, section of fan base were living in his rectuum, actually scratch that, some still do, i love it.

tomaldinho1

Mourinho circus is fun to watch but not worth reading into. It's hardly controversial for him to not name us - our form has been diabolical and he knows most of our squad pretty well.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
At Spurs, he has a board renowned for being miserly with transfer funds. …
Actually he has a board renowned for funding around £1 billion of infrastructure (new stadium complex and training centre) ... and doing so partly by restricting transfer and wages spending for several years.

But since the stadium has been finished the club has invested significantly more in the playing squad - witness Lo Celso, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Sessegnon, Fernandes, Clarke.

Alabaster Codify7

Actually he has a board renowned for funding around £1 billion of infrastructure (new stadium complex and training centre) ... and doing so partly by restricting transfer and wages spending for several years.

But since the stadium has been finished the club has invested significantly more in the playing squad - witness Lo Celso, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Sessegnon, Fernandes, Clarke.

……..and The Cheese Room!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

That's just over £100 million spent in 2 years, hardly groundbreaking investment for a recognized top-four PL club is it? A large percentage of that total would have been covered by sponsorships, TV deals, and commercial enterprises anyway.

The stadium has barely had an impact, if at all.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Hes always cut his hair short ? Though this time looks like hes gone a grade lower than normal.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
That's just over £100 million spent in 2 years, hardly groundbreaking investment for a recognized top-four PL club is it? A large percentage of that total would have been covered by sponsorships, TV deals, and commercial enterprises anyway.

The stadium has barely had an impact, if at all.
No, the stadium opened for business less than a year ago. All the players I cited have been signed in the two windows since then.

Within 12 months he can enjoy his £20m payoff. That’s why he took the job. He’s not a stupid man and knows he’s past it.

Cutting your hair like this can be a sign of some deeper issue.

Don't think he should have taken this job. Won't end well.

Needs a sabbatical.

Supports
England
Sheffield and Wolves better placed than United after spending £200m. Has Ole transformed us into Cardiff? This is a joke.

Mourinho knew what he was doing with that comment. He basically saying we have become a joke club that is lead by a joke manager. If we had Pochettino, Tuchel, Nagelsman and some other top coaches, I m sure Mourinho will mention us
Congrats on your forum award. Just spotted it. Couldn't have gone to a more deserving candidate.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He's amazingly bitter that a nobody in terms of managerial accolades took his job and actually did okay for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.