Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

Remind me about how he is 'finished'. Turning Tottenham into a really strong team. This defensive manager's team has now scored 12 in 4 games in the PL, joint top with Leicester and Everton.
It's 4 games into the season.

Don't go salivating over him just yet.

United Junkie

Remind me about how he is 'finished'. Turning Tottenham into a really strong team. This defensive manager's team has now scored 12 in 4 games in the PL, joint top with Leicester and Everton.
It's just 4 games my friend. We have to wait. I'm no Jose hater. I love the guy no matter his toxic ways he had at United but I'm reserved for now. If we wont win the league - which I believe we wont I'd rather it be him with Spurs or else the alternative is the Poolers and that's just something I cannot go through again. None of us United die hard supporters.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I have to admit, a small pang of demented self depreciating happiness went through me watching Jose, who was absolutely embarrassed by most of the crop of overpaid wasters who downed tools in his last season take a full blown raw-rogering at his hands. Closes the unfinished chapter on the Mourinho saga and I'm happy to hate the cnut again.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I have to admit, a small pang of demented self depreciating happiness went through me watching Jose, who was absolutely embarrassed by most of the crop of overpaid wasters who downed tools in his last season take a full blown raw-rogering at his hands. Closes the unfinished chapter on the Mourinho saga and I'm happy to hate the cnut again.
How much truth is there in that, and how much was Jose the reason for them downing tools? I have said many times that I am well aware of Jose's toxic side but for the mean time I standing by him. Then there is Keanes comments on the team and Jose been thrown under the bus.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
How much truth is there in that, and how much was Jose the reason for them downing tools? I have said many times that I am well aware of Jose's toxic side but for the mean time I standing by him. Then there is Keanes comments on the team and Jose been thrown under the bus.
100%.

Jose alienated himself from all but a handful of the squad. By the time he left, Matic and to an extent Mctominay were the only players remaining who didn't despise the man. He publically called out the younger players such as Martial and Rashford for their under-par performances, never once considering the possibility that his training and man-management techniques were the problems.

He never took responsibility for anything whilst he was United manager, choosing instead to wave his past achievements in the fans faces, believing that would remove any fault placed at his feet. He's a coward and a narcissist. He's the single worst manager we have ever had.

I worshipped Jose before he arrived at United, I despised him after he left.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
100%.

Jose alienated himself from all but a handful of the squad. By the time he left, Matic and to an extent Mctominay were the only players remaining who didn't despise the man. He publically called out the younger players such as Martial and Rashford for their under-par performances, never once considering the possibility that his training and man-management techniques were the problems.

He never took responsibility for anything whilst he was United manager, choosing instead to wave his past achievements in the fans faces, believing that would remove any fault placed at his feet. He's a coward and a narcissist. He's the single worst manager we have ever had.

To be honest that's what I seen in his time at United too, that's why I was confused about Roy Keane's comments.

ti vu

Depend how you look at it. Some people would just point finger at him and say it's all about him.

Me? It points at the higher up. They are the one set the culture at the club, not manager since SAF left. What culture they set? Manager is hired to manage the asset. One moment they back the manager, next they make the manager make do it the asset. The issue is players are human. When there is a clash, someone needs to step in. Imagine a forum without moderator? Everyone fight to death, and there is no winner both all losers. That happened IMO. Fueled by romanticism of United way, idealism, narrative by the press which I feel the higher up enjoys the coverage for later twist to generate hype, instead of putting out fire when it first started.

So after nearly 2 years, do you honestly look at what Mournho identified at issue within the team, and see whether we're better off? Now even the former players start backtrack on their criticism 2 seasons ago and had a go at the board. Funny enough our manager look like he prefers to keep it behind closed door.

Mourinho needed to go though. Clearly this club (the fan) is not ready to change but still clinging the United way, when SAF is no longer here. Mourinho is too extreme a change for it to take.

Siorac

It's 4 games into the season.

Don't go salivating over him just yet.
Especially as they failed to win either of their home games in the league. Their away wins were hugely impressive, sure, but who's to say which face of Spurs we're going to see more of this season?

Siorac

Depend how you look at it. Some people would just point finger at him and say it's all about him.

Me? It points at the higher up. They are the one set the culture at the club, not manager since SAF left. What culture they set? Manager is hired to manage the asset. One moment they back the manager, next they make the manager make do it the asset. The issue is players are human. When there is a clash, someone needs to step in. Imagine a forum without moderator? Everyone fight to death, and there is no winner both all losers. That happened IMO. Fueled by romanticism of United way, idealism, narrative by the press which I feel the higher up enjoys the coverage for later twist to generate hype, instead of putting out fire when it first started.

So after nearly 2 years, do you honestly look at what Mournho identified at issue within the team, and see whether we're better off? Now even the former players start backtrack on their criticism 2 seasons ago and had a go at the board. Funny enough our manager look like he prefers to keep it behind closed door.

Mourinho needed to go though. Clearly this club (the fan) is not ready to change but still clinging the United way, when SAF is no longer here. Mourinho is too extreme a change for it to take.
If anything, he wasn't enough of a change from the SAF way. He's still, in many respects, an old school manager, someone who wants to rule with an iron fist, but without Fergie's man management abilities. Any opposition to his methods, anything less than enthusiastic and unquestioning loyalty and he throws his toys out the pram.

ti vu

If anything, he wasn't enough of a change from the SAF way. He's still, in many respects, an old school manager, someone who wants to rule with an iron fist, but without Fergie's man management abilities. Any opposition to his methods, anything less than enthusiastic and unquestioning loyalty and he throws his toys out the pram.
Let say I don't disagree. Question lies at the people hiring him. It's not the first time they got something wrong no?

Siorac

Let say I don't disagree. Question lies at the people hiring him. It's not the first time they got something wrong no?
Hey, as far as I'm concerned, Ed Woodward can't be fired soon enough - but Mourinho was still not good enough for us and he's as much to blame for that as Woodward and co.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Especially as they failed to win either of their home games in the league. Their away wins were hugely impressive, sure, but who's to say which face of Spurs we're going to see more of this season?
I wouldn't say beating us was hugely impressive. Brighton were the width of a post/crossbar from matching Spurs goal tally, playing against eleven men.

ti vu

Hey, as far as I'm concerned, Ed Woodward can't be fired soon enough - but Mourinho was still not good enough for us and he's as much to blame for that as Woodward and co.
Did I say otherwise? Add the asset into the blame list since we're not better off after all this time.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Jose was the man to be the voice of the supporters here. He was calling out Woodward and trying to make his position uncomfortable, yet fans stuck the knife in, instead siding with the likes of Pogba and Martial. I said at the time that I felt Jose was right about it all, the guy was the only thing associated with the club that knew what success looked like. We should have supported him and we might have seen some action at the top of the club.

Siorac

Jose was the man to be the voice of the supporters here. He was calling out Woodward and trying to make his position uncomfortable, yet fans stuck the knife in, instead siding with the likes of Pogba and Martial. I said at the time that I felt Jose was right about it all, the guy was the only thing associated with the club that knew what success looked like. We should have supported him and we might have seen some action at the top of the club.
I don't think we'd be much better off now if we had Willian and Perisic instead of Pogba and Martial. And we have Maguire here anyway, fat lot of good that did.

His clashes with the upper management at other clubs only ever ended one way and there's no reason to believe they could have ever ended otherwise here. Florentino Pérez is still the president of Real Madrid, Sergio Ramos is still the captain there. Benzema is still there a decade after Mourinho publicly complained about him and called him a cat.

Do you think Woodward or the Glazers might walk away because the fans say mean things about them online and don't say mean things about the manager? Come on now. If criticism concerned them in any way, Woodward would have been gone years ago; he's probably the most unpopular figure associated with the club among United fans.

And of course if Mourinho was trying to be the voice of the supporters, he could have, you know, not shat on the club after a highly painful Champions League exit in which his handpicked cloggers - remember, he dropped both Pogba and Martial for that game! - managed to look like, well, cloggers. Football heritage my arse. He deserved everything he got and then some.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
In my opinion, it was probably right that Jose was sacked at that point in time. It just didn't work out and had gone too far for the relationship to recover.
But, as I have previously mentioned, it was a missed opportunity for both United and Jose.

And I stand by what I said at the time.
Player power had got too strong. And Ole is beginning to experience the same thing. And he is far too weak a person to stand up to them.
Until that is resolved, United are going nowhere.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
The form spell and guys actually running after he left is enough proof. I don't really believe any of the "toxic side " bullshit myself, always felt to me like a fans made up security blanket to hate the guy. Keane is correct imo.

Gonçalo Motta

The thing is, Mourinho was right and I'm guessing the vast majority of the fans can see that now.
His problem is that he makes way to easy to side against him because of his toxic behavior but at least he had the balls to call it as he saw it.

It's hard to look at this team playing and say they deserve what they earn. Rashford and Martial are way too inconsistent, Pogba is mia 2/3 of the season with a good patch somewhere in the middle, Maguire is a mid-tier defender at best, etc.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
IMO this is the problem with wanting Pochettino at United (for those that do).

If Mourinho lost the plot with Woodward, but can be perfectly harmonious with Levy...

...but the basic jist of Poch was that he "silently" got fed up of apparently not getting the players he wanted, then surely working with Woodward would be fuel on the fire?

Seems like Woodward/The Club's MO is signing names rather than particularly targeting signings that they need. Seemed like one of Mourinho's key gripes was wanting Toby but not getting him because, I assume, the club didn't see the value-for-money - if that is how it is, and I think Ed himself said that they rejected a lot of Mourinho's requests, then it's going to be incredibly difficult for any manager to not turn out like the others have, and so you start to understand why it all fell apart for Jose a bit more. He's a big personality, so the effect is bigger.

Jonno

Agree 100%

I fully expect Spurs to finish above United this season. Jose is happy, settled, has a great relationship with the board and the owner. It's showing.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Agree 100%

I fully expect Spurs to finish above United this season. Jose is happy, settled, has a great relationship with the board and the owner. It's showing.
Levy is actually opening the purse strings and backing Jose's targets, or that is how it seems from an outsider looking in. Doherty, Reguilon, Bale, Vinicius, Hojbjerg, just needs a CB now, rumours Spurs looking at Skriniar, Rudiger, or Demiral.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Sorry, I disagree.

He was right about Woodward not backing him, undoubtedly, and he had every right to feel somewhat aggrieved, but what was the benefit to airing his grievances publically?

Why did he continuously condemn individual players?

Why did he publically fall out with several senior squad members (including Valencia, the type of guy you simply do not fall out with)?

Why did he play players out of position, as if to prove a point to Woodward?

So on so forth.

Why didn't he direct his grievances at Woodward behind closed doors, where his words would have no effect on the team, and then air them publically after he was sacked or quit? If he cared one iota about the club, that's how he would have handled it. I'm shocked anyone can defend his actions, as to me, they are indefensible.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Levy is actually opening the purse strings and backing Jose's targets, or that is how it seems from an outsider looking in. Doherty, Reguilon, Bale, Vinicius, Hojbjerg, just needs a CB now, rumours Spurs looking at Skriniar, Rudiger, or Demiral.
And what happens when Levy chooses to no longer support him in the transfer market?

Jonno

I absolutely don't blame Jose for anything that happened at United. He was completely thrown under the bus after his last transfer window, it was shambolic. He literally voiced what went wrong, and some sections of Uniteds' fans crucified him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Just shows what good signings can do when you actually have a plan.

Hojberg and Doherty looks brilliant values.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I absolutely don't blame Jose for anything that happened at United. He was completely thrown under the bus after his last transfer window, it was shambolic. He literally voiced what went wrong, and some sections of Uniteds' fans crucified him.
What did we, as a club, gain from Jose airing his grievances publically and alienating himself from the squad and the fans in the process?

He deserved every ounce of criticism United fans directed at him.

DoomSlayer

Can we lock or delete all these Mourinho threads? I get sick every time I have to see his face, reading his name all over the Caf is just nauseating. :annoyed:

Z1L3

Supports
Partizan Belgrade
The Newcastle game was stolen from them, and they've had a very busy schedule with the Europa League. I'm starting to see a bit of counterattacking like when he was in Madrid. Make no mistake, with quality players Jose will do well.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
The Newcastle game was stolen from them, and they've had a very busy schedule with the Europa League. I'm starting to see a bit of counterattacking like when he was in Madrid. Make no mistake, with quality players Jose will do well.
Absolutely true. Take that out of the mix and we have 1 loss - caught cold by Everton in the very first game - followed by a 100% success rate in all competitions (counting the win on pens over Chelsea in the Carabao).

Total goals scored: 25
Total conceded: 10

hungrywing

Yep.

And this is from someone who doesn't exactly like Jose.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Sorry, I disagree.

He was right about Woodward not backing him, undoubtedly, and he had every right to feel somewhat aggrieved, but what was the benefit to airing his grievances publically?

Why did he continuously condemn individual players?

Why did he publically fall out with several senior squad members (including Valencia, the type of guy you simply do not fall out with)?

Why did he play players out of position, as if to prove a point to Woodward?

So on so forth.

Why didn't he direct his grievances at Woodward behind closed doors, where his words would have no effect on the team, and then air them publically after he was sacked or quit? If he cared one iota about the club, that's how he would have handled it. I'm shocked anyone can defend his actions, as to me, they are indefensible.
How do we know that's not what he unsuccessfully tried to do first?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Can we lock or delete all these Mourinho threads? I get sick every time I have to see his face, reading his name all over the Caf is just nauseating. :annoyed:
I think that you love him really. Or else why do you keep looking at his face and reading these posts....

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I've no idea why anyone started this thread. Mourinho's job is easily one of the safest in England right now.

GenZRed

100%.

That's how I feel about him.

There is however no chance of him being sacked anytime soon, certainly not before Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.