Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That's under Poch. Jose is a different personality. I remember the chelsea games against liverpool where they battered Chelsea for 90 odd minutes and then scored two goals.
Spurs lost to Liverpool at home last season under Mourinho. And took 1 point from Man. United and Chelsea games. Arsenal is just his clutch fixture but actually in last few years his record v other top 6 teams hasn't been that great until last few weeks.

Also just played for 0-0s at Anfield with Man. United so I don't see it being different apart from having two world class counter attacks but they struggled to get much of the ball v Chelsea.

Okey

If they actually win the league this season, it'll be almost as painful as watching the fecking 'Pool win it last season. Jose won't ever let us live it down.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
This is why I've said for a while that the if the pressures not on Mou to win the league it should be.

You can only justify this type of football if you win, and win big (PL or CL).

Irwin99

He's the devil isn't he?! :lol: Never change Jose

Thought Spurs were dominant int he first half despite having less possession as Arsenal were never going to score, but the second half was hilariously defensive. And it worked.

Kuba

3 matches 6 shots 4 goals 7 pts against City, Chelsea nad Arsenal

it won't last that long they are not creating anything other than those counter attacks.

It's paintful to watch.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
3 matches 6 shots 4 goals 7 pts against City, Chelsea nad Arsenal

it won't last that long they are not creating anything other than those counter attacks.

It's paintful to watch.
Its not, we have looked comfortable in all the games. If you think we have looked bothered you simply haven't been watching.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This is why I've said for a while that the if the pressures not on Mou to win the league it should be.

You can only justify this type of football if you win, and win big (PL or CL).
Or are manager of freaking Spurs? No one expects him to win the league surely?

He’s an absolute nightmare to play against and I’ve always said when he’s manager of slightly smaller clubs his philosophy is perfect as they will buy into him.

Doing a great job, not his biggest fan but you can’t deny that, typical Jose performance today.

bondsname

They look good at the moment, Jose and Tottenham look like a good match. Obviously us United fans want Jose to fail, but I think they are capable of winning the league, especially with the overall quality of the premier league at the moment.

Raredaredevil

If they actually win the league this season, it'll be almost as painful as watching the fecking 'Pool win it last season. Jose won't ever let us live it down.
How can you compare our greatest most bitter enemy and rival to an ex manager? United has no rivalry with Spurs and I couldn't care less if they win the title. In fact, I'd be pleased if they win as they have gone about it in the right way, without spending ridiculous money and brought in a manager who maximize their team strength to the best. I'm sure Jose has already moved on from United yet our fans here are still so resentful and bitter to him. Jose winning the title with Spurs would cement his legacy as one of the GOAT managers and it would be such a fairytale comeback in the footballing world for what seems like a manager whose career seems finished and more importantly, it would show that the problems in our club have much more deeper underlying issues than Jose because if he can come back to win it with Chelsea and Spurs in his second season with both clubs yet why he couldn't do it with us.

Jonno

Excellent manager who wasn’t sufficiently allowed to finish his rebuild here.

Spurs have the tools required to win this league.

Guy Incognito

Its not, we have looked comfortable in all the games. If you think we have looked bothered you simply haven't been watching.
Comfortable in the lead. You did look nervy against Chelsea especially towards the end, though understandable.

Playing like that isn't sustainable (as we all know from Mou's last two stints). But you look good for a top four finish which I thought was unlikely in August.

Jonno

Large sections of us United fans actually appreciate the job he was trying to do here. I’ll be happy if he wins the league, and I’d rather Jose’s Spurs win it 5 times on the bounce than Liverpool getting back to back

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Or are manager of freaking Spurs? No one expects him to win the league surely?
He's been appointed on the basis of being a serial winner, is getting payed and backed better than any manager that they've had before and is applying tactics solely based on winning now (nothing wrong with that but like I said it has to be justified by actually winning now).

If he's there to merely match what Poch/Redknapp (top four) or Ramos (domestic cup) did then what a huge waste of an appointment.

Jonno

Comfortable in the lead. You did look nervy against Chelsea especially towards the end, though understandable.

Playing like that isn't sustainable (as we all know from Mou's last two stints). But you look good for a top four finish which I thought was unlikely in August.
He only does this against the big teams or fierce rivals.

They play attacking football most of the time.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Knowing Jose he'll win it and then have Spurs close to relegation the next season.

The only annoying thing will be everyone claiming that United fecked up by sacking him.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
He's been appointed on the basis of being a serial winner, is getting payed and backed better than any manager that they've had before
:houllier:

Not even remotely true

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He's been appointed on the basis of being a serial winner, is getting payed and backed better than any manager that they've had before and is applying tactics solely based on winning now (nothing wrong with that but like I said it has to be justified by actually winning now).

If he's there to merely match what Poch/Redknapp (top four) or Ramos (domestic cup) did then what a huge waste of an appointment.
ABSOLUTE HORSE SHIT

Besides Bale, a loan deal, he has invested wisely. Neither Poch, Harry, Ramos or AVB has had us in such a unit before. Your making excuses, and hoping he goes the same way he usually does (which I understand) but to not admit hes doing a job, on your part is either agenda or foolishness on your part.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
No chance. I'd much rather see them win the league than any of our rivals.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Why.
He has never bad mouthed United since he was sacked.

Guy Incognito

He only does this against the big teams or fierce rivals.

They play attacking football most of the time.
They struggled to break down West Brom and Burnley. That's usually when things get unstuck (games he is expected to win with style).

Feed Me

I'm hungry
They all just hate Jose and want Liverpool to win.
They all love Jose on Sky after his recent punditry stint.

It’s understandable that you are enjoying these displays but it’s shit on a stick for the neutral.

I could kind of understand the approach against a top side, but struggle to see the point of such a back foot approach against a team as poor as Arsenal.

cyberman

Not for me! Arsenal done feck all.
At least they tried playing football? Thats Chelsea, City and now Arsenal where you dont even try to come out of your own half for entire halves of football.
Thats Joses way and their fans can come out of it enjoying the win but its wretched to watch

kettledrumhamster

Utterly joyless football and I don't really care if he challenges for the league and wins a cup, I'm absolutely over the moon he's not still here. Spurs fans can convince themselves they're happy for a year or two, but they'll eventually get bored and see the emporer's new clothes are a suit of chainmail and armor that you can't fecking run in.

Remember, he won the League Cup, UEFA Cup and came second in the league with united. But does anybody remember any of that with any joy or satisfaction? God know, I just wanted rid of him and I was delighted when he went.

He might do even better with Spurs on account of having two ruthless forwards and a solid defence that he didn't have at United. But, meh, I find it quite horrible.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Knowing Jose he'll win it and then have Spurs close to relegation the next season.

The only annoying thing will be everyone claiming that United fecked up by sacking him.
The relationship had completely broken down.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
They all love Jose on Sky after his recent punditry stint.

It’s understandable that you are enjoying these displays but it’s shit on a stick for the neutral.

I could kind of understand the approach against a top side, but struggle to see the point of such a back foot approach against a team as poor as Arsenal.
Its a derby game against our fiercest rivals. Ok Arsenal arent great right now but in a north London derby form goes out the window. It was a superb result and a very good perfomance I thought. We never looked like losing.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
He's doing well.

Only thing I'd say is, he isn't building anything, they're not on their way to better things. Their current level of performance is their peak, it will remain this way for the remainder of the season and begin to go downhill next season.

But it may be enough to win the league this year. My opinion anyway.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
At least they tried playing football? Thats Chelsea, City and now Arsenal where you dont even try to come out of your own half for entire halves of football.
Thats Joses way and their fans can come out of it enjoying the win but its wretched to watch
Jesus, they all played played football? Who got the points? 7 in 9 we got. Brighton play football, Sheffield too, where are they? Its all elitist garbage if you want my opinion, to suit your own game.

cyberman

T
Jesus, they all played played football? Who got the points?
Thats my point. You can gloat with the results but performance wise theres nothing there.
I dont know if this can be sustained in this season of madness with the effort thats needed but a wins a win. It doesnt change the quality of football on display

Status
Not open for further replies.