Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If it means one less for City and Liverpool, I am all for it. Seriously, is that even a question? Get real guys !

Red Star One

Its a derby game against our fiercest rivals. Ok Arsenal arent great right now but in a north London derby form goes out the window. It was a superb result and a very good perfomance I thought. We never looked like losing.
This, if I were a Spurs fan I’d not have a single thing to complain today. Crucial derby won decisively, never really not in control it felt.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
T

Thats my point. You can gloat with the results but performance wise theres nothing there.
I dont know if this can be sustained in this season of madness with the effort thats needed but a wins a win. It doesnt change the quality of football on display
Am I gloating?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Can we honestly say we got out of 3rd gear tonight? Honestly?
Spot on. If we had needed to we'd have gone up an attacking notch or three - but we didn't need to: 2 - 0 up and cruising.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Its a derby game against our fiercest rivals. Ok Arsenal arent great right now but in a north London derby form goes out the window. It was a superb result and a very good perfomance I thought. We never looked like losing.
I agree with you totally and you cannot help but be impressed with Spurs on the whole. I personally think you are streets ahead of Arsenal though and would have pulverised them on the front foot. They barely ever create anything of note so I don’t see the point of being quite so defensive against them.

It has always been this way with Jose though, and as long as he keeps winning everyone affiliated with Spurs will be happy.

Redknapp made a good point on commentary though, saying that it can’t be the most enjoyable type of football to be involved with as a player. Again, these are lads that will run through brick walls when times are good.

But we also know how players can down tools when results start to go south, so interested to see if Spurs can maintain their form.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Jesus, they all played played football? Who got the points? 7 in 9 we got. Brighton play football, Sheffield too, where are they? Its all elitist garbage if you want my opinion, to suit your own game.
I thought Arsenal were terrible. Absolute shadow of the club they used to be.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Spurs are probably just as boring and effective as under Poch. Only difference is that they might not be such bottlers anymore with Mourinho's ultra defensive tactics and attitude along with the quality of Kane and Son bailing them out every week. If they still manage to bottle winning the league now after such a good start you have to question if they should continue a rebuild with Mourinho or get someone else in before the squad mainly turn in to a bunch of defenders. They might win the league this season, but I truly believe if they bottle it they will not see Kane and Son stick with Mourinho anymore.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
ABSOLUTE HORSE SHIT

Besides Bale, a loan deal, he has invested wisely. Neither Poch, Harry, Ramos or AVB has had us in such a unit before. Your making excuses, and hoping he goes the same way he usually does (which I understand) but to not admit hes doing a job, on your part is either agenda or foolishness on your part.
He is doing a job, that's the whole point.

He's working in the exact same way he did at Inter and Chelsea 2.0 in the second season, he's going all in on winning and doing it now, which like I said is fine when he wins. This is what I never get with some fans of Mou's clubs in recent years (including mine) say he's been appointed because he wins then prepares excuse after excuse just incase he doesn't.

Massimo Morati had the right idea, he wanted the CL knew Mou was the man to give him the best shot but he also knew it was a short window, so gave him all the tools to do it and accepted the MO no dreams he will change tact or it's a long term project two years all in on CL no messing about!

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I agree with you totally and you cannot help but be impressed with Spurs on the whole. I personally think you are streets ahead of Arsenal though and would have pulverised them on the front foot. They barely ever create anything of note so I don’t see the point of being quite so defensive against them.

It has always been this way with Jose though, and as long as he keeps winning everyone affiliated with Spurs will be happy.

Redknapp made a good point on commentary though, saying that it can’t be the most enjoyable type of football to be involved with as a player. Again, these are lads that will run through brick walls when times are good.

But will also know how players can down tools when results start to go south, so interested to see if Spurs can maintain their form.
I agree with a lot of that, but I think the West Ham game annoyed him, we were what 2-3 nil up and embarrassed him. its up to the team to prove they are solid again.

Guy Incognito

Man, Poch won games with style.... in the long run they meant feck all.
I know that.

I couldn't give two monkeys about football purity and neither does Levy, hence why he brought in Jose.

But the same press that are lauding his tactics today, in a few months from now, have a snipe for his set up/throwing players under the bus. Spurs's form may well drop in season 3, but I don't think he'll care as long as he wins a pot.

thepolice123

Bizarre to see that after nearly two decades Arsenal are still having the same problems against Jose football.

Usher them wide, defend their crosses and hit them on the counter-attack. It’s like the carbon copy of every Arsenal vs Chelsea match since 2003.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He is doing a job, that's the whole point.

He's working in the exact same way he did at Inter and Chelsea 2.0 in the second season, he's going all in on winning and doing it now, which like I said is fine when he wins. This is what I never get with some fans of Mou's clubs in recent years (including mine) say he's been appointed because he wins then prepares excuse after excuse just incase he doesn't.

Massimo Morati had the right idea, he wanted the CL knew Mou was the man to give him the best shot but he also knew it was a short window, so gave him all the tools to do it and accepted the MO no dreams he will change tact or it's a long term project two years all in on CL no messing about!
Fair point, but we aren't on the same standing as Inter.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs are probably just as boring and effective as under Poch. Only difference is that they might not be such bottlers anymore with Mourinho's ultra defensive tactics and attitude along with the quality of Kane and Son bailing them out every week. If they still manage to bottle winning the league now after such a good start you have to question if they should continue a rebuild with Mourinho or get someone else in before the squad mainly turn in to a bunch of defenders. They might win the league this season, but I truly believe if they bottle it they will not see Kane and Son stick with Mourinho anymore.
Insane comments.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I know that.

I couldn't give two monkeys about football purity and neither does Levy, hence why he brought in Jose.

But the same press that are lauding his tactics today, in a few months from now, have a snipe for his set up/throwing players under the bus. Spurs's form may well drop in season 3, but I don't think he'll care as long as he wins a pot.
I think Levy cares a lot about the fans, not everyone will agree. He hasn't employed Jose on a whim, we have heard rumblings for years about Levy and Jose in talks. Even @balaks who maybe isn't the biggest Levy fan will have heard that.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I agree with a lot of that, but I think the West Ham game annoyed him, we were what 2-3 nil up and embarrassed him. its up to the team to prove they are solid again.
You obviously watch Spurs more than me so tell me if I’m off the mark but I think the West Ham game was an isolated aberration. When I watch you now, you can tell that work has been happening on shape and organisation. It’s interesting because people were maybe questioning whether Mourinho had lost his defensive organisational touch, but doesn’t look that way now. He has the glint back in his eye. It’s going to sound mad, but I think he’s more at ease in London.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
I guess the 23 league goals we've scored has escaped your attention - that's more than 2 goals per game on average.

hp88

If they actually win the league this season, it'll be almost as painful as watching the fecking 'Pool win it last season. Jose won't ever let us live it down.
Imagine how unbearable they will be if they win back to back titles.... I'm jumping onto the Jose train

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You obviously watch Spurs more than me so tell me if I’m off the mark but I think the West Ham game was an isolated aberration. When I watch you now, you can tell that work has been happening on shape and organisation. It’s interesting because people were maybe questioning whether Mourinho had lost his defensive organisational touch, but doesn’t look that way now. He has the glint back in his eye. It’s going to sound mad, but I think he’s more at ease in London.
Your right, he seems to have convinced Dier, he is a CB which we all knew he was, Sanchez while I still rate him is prone to error and he has got Toby back to his best. He also seems to have sorted Auier out and got Reguilón in. Even Lloris who i love and admit can be a bit crazy more stable. For me though is the addition of Højbjerg. We are solid more now than I have ever felt us, that probably why I don't care about giving up position so much. The City game I enjoyed massively.

EDIT: Im on the beers, so sorry for the grammar.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Insane comments.
Yeah, I get that it's bordering on insane because of the timing, and even though it was written to provoke a bit it's not that far from my truth and actual thoughts. I don't think Mourinho is building something there, and playing such defensive football is actually very tiring for forwards if results start to go the other way. You can tell he has sold certain players on the basis that they can win trophies. If they don't, well, you have to look at where you are at. Son and Kane are way too good for Spurs while the rest of the squad is generally in need of a rebuild. If you want to do a real rebuild I'm not sure Mourinho is the man to trust because you need to involve some young and creative players eventually if you want to keep up with other teams in the league and not fall off completely once he leaves. I don't think he is the guy to do that. It's all or nothing for you with Mourinho at the moment.

Machine Elements

How hard I'll laugh at some of his haters on here if he manages to win the league :lol:

The supposedly finished ex-manager who wasn't good enough wins the league with a team that didn't win anything in years and is known for their loser mentality ahead of record breaking teams like City & Liverpool. While the naysayers celebrating top 4 and trying to make new excuses for their beloved out of depth manager. It'll serve them just right.

He's already vindicated about Martial & Pogba.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah, I get that it's bordering on insane because of the timing, and even though it was written to provoke a bit it's not that far from my truth and actual thoughts. I don't think Mourinho is building something there, and playing such defensive football is actually very tiring for forwards if results start to go the other way. You can tell he has sold certain players on the basis that they can win trophies. If they don't, well, you have to look at where you are at. Son and Kane are way too good for Spurs while the rest of the squad is generally in need of a rebuild. If you want to do a real rebuild I'm not sure Mourinho is the man to trust because you need to involve some young and creative players eventually if you want to keep up with other teams in the league and not fall off completely once he leaves. I don't think he is the guy to do that. It's all or nothing for you with Mourinho at the moment.
Do you realise how much BULLSHIT this is? Where is the rebuild in the "rest of the squad"? We had the attacking Poch for 4 seasons with nothing, and now the attacking players are tired of being top of the league and competing in all fronts? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Kane has already spoke about Jose, google it.

Habs

Souness and Redknapp have just spent 20 minutes talking about how they find Mourinho football boring.

Who cares if it’s boring if the team is winning? This is Mourinhos style, everyone knows that. This is what he has always done and has won trophies in most places he’s managed. Yet people still complain about it.

The only time it will become an issue is when you play this style of football and you don’t win games- then it goes downhill pretty quickly.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Souness and Redknapp have just spent 20 minutes talking about how they find Mourinho football boring.

Who cares if it’s boring if the team is winning? This is Mourinhos style, everyone knows that. This is what he has always done and has won trophies in most places he’s managed. Yet people still complain about it.

The only time it will become an issue is when you play this style of football and you don’t win games- then it goes downhill pretty quickly.
Sourness talking about boring football, didn't he used to manage? And Jamie? Well.... surely there is the next season of his TV show to worry about. Id actually take Flintoff over him as our next manager.

Walters_19_MuFc

The state of the Spurs fans in here. :lol:

Good win by Jose. Controlled the game without the ball, as he often likes to do. Perfect performance really.

Member 90887

It's just that teams are playing to Jose's (only) style.

When Lampard nullified Jose's tactics, Spurs didn't do shit the whole game.

It's a defend and hope that your best players do something strategie.

It's definitely not sustainable. He's gonna get found out as always, and he's gonna stink the place up as always.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Do you realise how much BULLSHIT this is? Where is the rebuild in the "rest of the squad"? We had the attacking Poch for 4 seasons with nothing, and now the attacking players are tired of being top of the league in all fronts? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Kane has already spoke about Jose, google it.
No I don't. I'm talking about the relentless energy spent on defending. Right now it looks good, really good. I don't think it's sustainable sticking with Mourinho if you're not able to win anything immediately. I don't expect any Spurs fan to be dissatisfied at the moment and rightly so, if you win the league it's amazing, but longterm in the shape the squad is in it would be risky to stick with Mourinho. As far as Kane and Son being a bit dissatisfied without trophies, that shouldn't really be in doubt.

cyberman

But you have to win the titles in this season or its a waste and a slog. Plus history shows its downhill after this season so it cant even be built on

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
No I don't. I'm talking about the relentless energy spent on defending. Right now it looks good, really good. I don't think it's a sustainable sticking with Mourinho if you're not able to win anything immediately. I don't expect any Spurs fan to be dissatisfied at the moment and rightly so, if you win the league it's amazing, but longterm in the shape the squad is in it would be risky to stick with Mourinho. As far as Kane and Son being a bit dissatisfied without trophies, that shouldn't really be in doubt.
So Kane signing a knew contract recently and son in talks must really scupper your Christmas?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
But you have to win the titles in this season or its a waste and a slog. Plus history shows its downhill after this season so it cant even be built on
I heard this after Pochs first season or two. Is Martial and Rashford and Pogba not pissed off? Surely Bruno must be thinking why? :lol:

I am joking!

Habs

Sourness talking about boring football, didn't he used to manage? And Jamie? Well.... surely there is the next season of his TV show to worry about. Id actually take Flintoff over him as our next manager.
It gets tiring how Mourinho gets targeted. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but this is what he wants to do so it’s about time people accept that and move on.

Last 3 games against City, Chelsea and Arsenal they’ve not conceded a goal. Yet Souness suggested this is the easiest way to set a team up to play

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
No I don't. I'm talking about the relentless energy spent on defending. Right now it looks good, really good. I don't think it's sustainable sticking with Mourinho if you're not able to win anything immediately. I don't expect any Spurs fan to be dissatisfied at the moment and rightly so, if you win the league it's amazing, but longterm in the shape the squad is in it would be risky to stick with Mourinho. As far as Kane and Son being a bit dissatisfied without trophies, that shouldn't really be in doubt.
How about the relentless energy on scoring more than 2 goals average per league game? Or does that not suit your preferred narrative?

slored1

He got two of the best players for his offensive style of play in Kane and Son, a top goalkeeper in Lloris and that's basically all he needs for winning matches.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It gets tiring how Mourinho gets targeted. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but this is what he wants to do so it’s about time people accept that and move on.

Last 3 games against City, Chelsea and Arsenal they’ve not conceded a goal. Yet Souness suggested this is the easiest way to set a team up to play
Exactly, hes not managing anymore for a reason, and its why Jose was probably the best pundit Sky had in the last year.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
So Kane signing a knew contract recently and son in talks must really scupper your Christmas?
I don't hope Spurs win the league, but I don't care if they sign, that's besides my point. I don't think it will get any better for them under Mourinho even if they do stay, which means they will play for you while being dissatisfied, which means you'll have to sell them or change manager. So back to my point, if you once again bottle the league and do something like falling off a cliff after January, I think Mourinho should get the sack quick or it will only get worse quick.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's just that teams are playing to Jose's (only) style.

When Lampard nullified Jose's tactics, Spurs didn't do shit the whole game.

It's a defend and hope that your best players do something strategie.

It's definitely not sustainable. He's gonna get found out as always, and he's gonna stink the place up as always.
Like when he won all those trophies all over Europe?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't hope Spurs win the league, but I don't care if they sign, that's besides my point. I don't think it will get any better for them under Mourinho even if they do stay, which means they will play for you while being dissatisfied, which means you'll have to sell them or change manager. So back to my point, if you once again bottle the league and do something like falling off a cliff after January, I think Mourinho should get the sack quick or it will only get worse quick.
Give it a rest you utter bore.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
How about the relentless energy on scoring more than 2 goals average per league game? Or does that not suit your preferred narrative?
Why are you even arguing with me? You wont convince yourself that Mourinho is primarily an attacking manager. You wont spent the amount of relentless energy it takes to do so. Now I don't know your history on this forum so I can't say for sure, but I certainly hope that's not something you'll indulge in.

Status
Not open for further replies.