Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Piss poor half, they have no clue when they have possession. Even Burnley make better use of possession, they at least have game plan.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Makes you think how 'professional' and 'scientific' these football deparments actually are, when they hire him. You can ask 5 people in a forum and it would have been a better hiring process.

Irwin99

Awful awful set up. He's lucky he's playing in an empty stadium, spurs fans are often moaners at the best of times.

I can kind of appreciate it when he wins this way against City and Arsenal but the problem is, when it doesn't come off it's just soul destroying. It's just not a good way to enjoy football for fans or the players.

Devil81

Litrally 6 weeks ago the press were making out Mourinho had his mojo back and that Spurs could win the title.

Now he's a dead man walking and treating star players like dirt.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Where’s he going after this fizzles out then? Back to Portugal?

Redfrog

They were saying Tottenham were genuine title contenders about 6 weeks ago.

But then people were saying "anyone" could win the league as if it was an 8-10 team free for all.
And now they are saying "City, we told you so..."

AshRK

He should quit football now. This is diabolical stuff. And then people say Ole's football is no different to Jose.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
From bad to worse at the moment. Having said that Chelsea not much better.
Having Jose as a manager will make you hate football by the end. You think it’s bad now wait til next season. Honestly, winning the carabao cup could be a nightmare in disguise if it keeps him in the job.

Dr. StrangeHate

What is even more depressing is this guy is our most successful (highest league position, highest points, trophies) post Fergie manager? We really have messed up bad since Fergie.

lex talionis

Bonehead question as I don’t track Spurs closely: who has the final say over Jose’s status...Levy, the chair or the board?

JustAGuest

Perhaps the situation with Pochettino wasn't resolvable, but what a downgrade Mourinho has been for Spurs.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
God Spurs are awful to watch....though it’s so much better than watching him manage your own team

RedDevil@84

Apparently Levy put several break clauses in the contract. Top 4 and a cup was the target from what I hear. If he doesn't meet it the contract can be terminated without payoff.
I don't believe it. I don't see Jose signing such a thing.
I can understand reduced payoff for missing targets. But it will be strange if Jose had agreed to the zero payoff.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He really needs to just give it up after this gig. He’s still got one of the best CV’s the game has ever seen. He’s so far past it now — no need to constantly show himself up.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Apparently Levy put several break clauses in the contract. Top 4 and a cup was the target from what I hear. If he doesn't meet it the contract can be terminated without payoff.
Not convinced mourinho would agree to that, but who knows to be fair.

Judas

Open to offers
He really needs to just give it up after this gig. He’s still got one of the best CV’s the game has ever seen. He’s so far past it now — no need to constantly show himself up.
He could win us the world cup. Rather him than Southgate. But maybe I've lost the plot a bit. I just want the waistcoat plonker gone.

Traub

Champions league clause is plausible, which means you’ll have to wait till late in the season. And then you may win Europa...

Ludens the Red

What is even more depressing is this guy is our most successful (highest league position, highest points, trophies) post Fergie manager? We really have messed up bad since Fergie.
I think it’s exaggerated how bad Mourinho was when he was here for special effects. Apart from his last month when he started deliberately trying to make us lose games, we were never truly in the state Spurs are currently in and were in just before lockdown. Like this is complete and total garbage, think it’ll be 2 wins in 10 or something for the second time in his reign.

Judas

Open to offers
I think it’s exaggerated how bad Mourinho was when he was here for special effects. Apart from his last month when he started deliberately trying to make us lose games, we were never truly in the state Spurs are currently in and were in just before lockdown. Like this is complete and total garbage, think it’ll be 2 wins in 10 or something for the second time in his reign.
Sounds like you've rightfully forgotten just how tumescent we were. The whole atmosphere under Jose from pretty much his second season onwards was the most miserable period post Fergie by far. The fact we finished 2nd and most of us wanted him gone because of how depressing it was says it all.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He is done at the top level and I am really surprised Spurs hired him. Give him a lot of money and he will win a trophy or two but it comes with the worst football imaginable. His style of play won't win much unless he throws a lot of money around. He doesn't improve players and hasn't evolved his style to adapt to the modern game. Football has moved on and he is too stubborn to change/adapt.

Sylar

Two things I always say

Special once

And

United's biggest achievement was finishing second with Jose

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
We played rubbish football under him for the majority of his stint. We had a purple patch at the start of his second season where we were scoring loads in the last 10 minutes of games then after that the team played awful football. Yes they managed to finish 2nd but it wasn't pretty football in the slightest. It wasn't LVG boring but 80% of the games were a borefest.

Status
Not open for further replies.