Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedChisel

Bit of perspective for those crying like babies about being 2nd under Ole...

simplyared

The players are grossly underperforming. The performances are just getting worse the further into the season we get. Something is radically wrong with Spurs right now and it's not difficult to work out what that is.

Red & White

He’ll stay until the end of the season, whatever happens. Losing Kane at this period in time is huge for them and you’d expect them to fall away a bit now. They were never title contenders but missing out on a CL place would be considered a bad season. If he wins a one off game against City he can carrying on saying he‘s won stuff everywhere, there first trophy in 13 years etc.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Bit of perspective for those crying like babies about being 2nd under Ole...
What makes it worse about these cry babies is they predicted us to finish lower than we are currently yet still aren't happy we are 2nd.

We don't have the best team, squad or manager in league. Fans need to realise this isn't Fergie days anymore.

city-puma

He’ll stay until the end of the season, whatever happens. Losing Kane at this period in time is huge for them and you’d expect them to fall away a bit now. They were never title contenders but missing out on a CL place would be considered a bad season. If he wins a one off game against City he can carrying on saying he‘s won stuff everywhere, there first trophy in 13 years etc.
TBF, Kane always had at least one period to be sidelined every season in recent years. He prepared with the signing of the new striker. I remember at least in one season, Poch set up the team to cope with it excellently, even better than when Kane played prior to his injury. Let’s see how Jose deals with it. It doesn’t look good in this game.

city-puma

What makes it worse about these cry babies is they predicted us to finish lower than we are currently yet still aren't happy we are 2nd.

We don't have the best team, squad or manager in league. Fans need to realise this isn't Fergie days anymore.
They need to remind themselves the experience of SAF’s longest rebuild work until we got Carrick.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not in league position, can see Spurs finishing 8th or 9th at this rate.

I think they'll gamble everything on europa league so that will mean fielding weaker teams in prem towards end of season. Said it weeks back but it will be exactly the same as 16/17 in terms of how season will pan out for Mourinho. Probably good for them league cup final will be played late April as they'd have little chance of taking out Man. City in three weeks.
He can't win a game unless he gets a masterclass from Son or Kane or both. He has them playing absolutely tumescent stuff with no real chance competing for major trophies to justify it. They won't win the Europe League, unless they get really lucky with the draw. No club with ambitions to compete at he highest level should go anywhere near him. United should not have gone anywhere near him but at least they got a Europa League title out of the arrangement.

Simeone would turn this Spurs team into horrible bastards who play wretched football but he'd likely have them competing much higher up the table and they'd be one of the big favourites for the Europa League. If you're going to ask fans to buy into this style of football that nobody really likes to watch, then you better come guaranteeing major trophies or at the very least competing for them. Spurs at the moment are getting the bad without the good.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The players are grossly underperforming. The performances are just getting worse the further into the season we get. Something is radically wrong with Spurs right now and it's not difficult to work out what that is.
I think part of that perception of them now underperforming is influenced by Spurs overperforming for the first few months. Just natural variations in form that even themselves out over a season. They were never title challengers, in reality. If they win their game in hand they’re 3 points behind Leicester in 4th and 5 points behind us in 2nd, or put another way a comfortable top 4 spot is in sight. That seems pretty good for the squad they have.

Mourinho has done well to get them where they are in the table, IMO. He just went for a risky strategy. The only way they could maintain that position is if Kane and Son continued to play like the best strike partnership in PL history. It’s possible that they could have maintained that form but a bit of a stretch, while it was never likely they would stay fit throughout with Kane’s record. When it worked they were an incredibly efficient team but without that they are toothless.

You’re trying to do the whole “perspective” thing in a way to make us look bad and Spurs not so bad. We’ve just had 2 extremely hard away fixtures in which we had enough chances to win both and a very poor result against Sheffield United. Spurs have 2 wins in their last eight and rank 14th for points accumulated in that time, they’re averaging 1.1 point per game in that time period and 1.4 goals per game. Our bad run stretches back 3 games, even then we snuck in an incredibly good 3-2 cup win against Liverpool.
I’m not doing anything, I simply said that those saying he should get sacked should consider that he’ll only be 5 points behind United if he wins his game in hand.

Fairly certain most of these posters didn’t want Ole sacked when, as you mentioned, he was 7 points behind Spurs. We won 4 in 8 there, with a 6 goal twatting by Spurs in there, they’ve won 3 of their last 8 in the Prem.
United, in hindsight were right to breath with Ole, and let him come out the other side of that bad run.

As I also said, I still can’t wrap my head around them sacking Poch.

As for making Spurs “look bad”, like feck I am, I love it, if anything just cause I know how it keeps Glaston away from the forum. I hope Mourinho has a Feb every bit as bad as Jan.

I have no idea how anything I said makes United look bad??

Last edited:

BorisManUtd

Think unless they get good results from other games in the league without Kane, he'll switch his attention to Europa league fully. Winning Europa and league cup potentially would be great season for them, even if missing out of top 4 again.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Can I ask what you mean by this? I’m not sure I get it.
Certainly. Although I don't know exacly the extent of Jose's partnership with Mendes, it is clear for anyone following his career that around the time he was in Madrid he started dealing almost exclusively with Mendes catalogue of players.

From the outside it seems he's happy to have his clubs overpay for Mendes' players even if it means trying to shoehorn said player into a team. Generally his transfer business have been very poor. Reguillon perhaps one of the few recent exceptions but was he a Mendes client before?

NES is another working in similar ways.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Are you convinced?

What’s wrong with not being convinced? Does my lack of certainty make us look bad?

I think we may take a point or 2 in the next tricky games, are you convinced we’ll take more?

Confused.
If you think we’ll do badly, then that would make us bad, no?

BorisManUtd

Certainly. Although I don't know exacly the extent of Jose's partnership with Mendes, it is clear for anyone following his career that around the time he was in Madrid he started dealing almost exclusively with Mendes catalogue of players.
From the outside it seems he's happy to have his clubs overpay for Mendes' players even if it means trying to shoehorn said player into a team. Generally his transfer business have been very poor. Reguillon perhaps one of the few recent exceptions but was he a Mendes client before?

NES is another working in similar ways.
His signings at United were mostly decent imo. Bailly, Ibra, Lindelof, Matić, Fred all at least ok players. Mkhitaryan failed but we as fans wanted him signed as well. Pogba has been incosistent though. Lukaku didn't turn out to be our solution for ST position but he was useful and did score a lot of goals. Alexis on the other hand complete miss.

Dec9003

Not convinced we won’t drop points.

Are you convinced we won’t in our next 2 fixtures?
It doesn’t matter what I think, you asked what you said that made united look bad and I answered. If we get one or two points as you said you think we might, there’s a decent chance we drop out of the top four.

city-puma

His signings at United were mostly decent imo. Bailly, Ibra, Lindelof, Matić, Fred all at least ok players. Mkhitaryan failed but we as fans wanted him signed as well. Pogba has been incosistent though. Lukaku didn't turn out to be our solution for ST position but he was useful and did score a lot of goals. Alexis on the other hand complete miss.
The biggest mistake is the swap deal of mkhitaryan and Alexis, I think. Micky can still offer a lot even now. Alexis turned out to be way passed. But, let’s be honest, to have a perfect match is simply so hard to find or forsee.

It doesn’t matter what I think, you asked what you said that made united look bad and I answered. If we get one or two points as you said you think we might, there’s a decent chance we drop out of the top four.
Ahhh... a politicians answer.

Not being convinced Kipchoge won’t win his next marathon or Fury his next fight doesn’t make them look bad, it just means I’m not convinced.

Now answer the damn question, are you convinced we won’t drop points? Because that is all I have said.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I’m not doing anything, I simply said that those saying he should get sacked should consider that he’ll only be 5 points behind United if he wins his game in hand.

Fairly certain most of these posters didn’t want Ole sacked when, as you mentioned, he was 7 points behind Spurs.

As I also said, I still can’t wrap my head around them sacking Poch.
Would be true if that game in hand was being played before our next game. But it hasn't even been rescheduled yet. Doesn't make sense to speculate about the outcome in that particular game when we've potentially got two months of football before that game is even played. They're 8 points behind with a game in hand.

Also Mourinho is all about quick fixes. Peak in season 2 before crashing and burning. This season is supposed to be as good as it gets before things turn sour and he burns all bridges. Ole isn't going to burn any bridges. Long-termism and sustainability are vital elements to the squad he's building. Patience is a lot thinner with JM's approach.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think unless they get good results from other games in the league without Kane, he'll switch his attention to Europa league fully. Winning Europa and league cup potentially would be great season for them, even if missing out of top 4 again.
I agree. It's a very risky plan though. Didn't Celta Vigo miss a really good chance that would've knocked you out of the Europa SFs in last minute? That's the nature of cup football, bad 90 minutes like you had v Sevilla a year later (good for Spurs they're not in it at least) and there's no game next week to put it right.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The man scammed his way into the job.

Dec9003

Ahhh... a politicians answer.

Not being convinced Kipchoge won’t win his next marathon or Fury his next fight doesn’t make them look bad, it just means I’m not convinced.

Now answer the damn question, are you convinced we won’t drop points? Because that is all I have said.
I'm convinced we'll get more than one or two points. If I thought we wouldn't win of our two home matches against Everton and Southampton i'd think we were a bad team. Does that answer your damn question, or are you still confused?

If I thought we wouldn't win of our two home matches against Everton and Southampton i'd think we were a bad team.
But lose to Sheff United at home and we’re a good team?

You DO realise we’ve only won 4 PL home games all season? Yet these are the two that in your eyes would make us a bad team? Against 2 decent sides?

To say I’m confused is generous @Dec9003

We didn’t vs. Palace or Spurs, we lost to Sheff U & Palace at home, but we’re not a bad team.
You have strangely high standards & contradicting standards. Drawing those two games won’t make us a bad side.

Last edited:

Dec9003

We didn’t vs. Palace or Spurs, but we’re not a bad team.
You have strangely high standards. Drawing those two games won’t make us a bad side.
If we lose against Sheff Utd, Draw against Arsenal, then don't win at least one of two home matches against good teams that are out of form, then I'd argue that would look very bad on us. The thing is if you think we won't or might not that's fine, its just that you made it out that you hadn't spoken badly about us whilst comparing us to a struggling Tottenham and saying you're not convinced we're not on the start of a bad run which would likely see us drop down the table.

city-puma

It’s probably true he had an idea of something different. I remember at the beginning his Spurs played more positive but a little bit too open football. The results were not good either. It seems he just regress back to the old one.

its just that you made it out that you hadn't spoken badly about us whilst comparing us to a struggling Tottenham and saying you're not convinced we're not on the start of a bad run which would likely see us drop down the table.
No, I said Spurs are a possible 5 points off United which means they are doing better than some are giving them credit for and asking for the sack.
You in your own warped head turned that statement around to be a bad thing about United rather than a good thing about Spurs.

Dec9003

No, I said Spurs are a possible 5 points off United which means they are doing better than some are giving them credit for and asking for the sack.
You in your own warped head turned that statement around to be a bad thing about United rather than a good thing about Spurs.
My initial reply to you was you saying you're not convinced we're not on the start of a poor run, you've also since pointed out we don't win many matches at home and you think we might drop a lot more points in the coming matches, whilst also getting in a "you DO realise" and suggesting that I have a warped head. :)

AshRK

Why would anyone fall for this. Jose will not change, if you ask Jose what are his two greatest games he has ever managed, he will have the 2-0 win over Liverpool at anfield (the Gerrard slip) and the second leg against barca when he was managing Inter. He became a fan of those two performances that he just wants to do that every game. He loves being a underdog. I still remember when he was United's manager the man was upping Celta freaking Vigo as if they were prime barca. That reflects in his style of football. The guy will not change.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Levy has wanted Jose as manager for many, many years.
That makes Levy won’t sack Jose in the middle of the season this season and will minimum give the manager until end of the season because he had some obsession & belief in Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.