Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There's so much more unwanted baggage though when you bring in Jose. Sure I'm not a fan of his football philosophy but he has, through that style, brought success.
But....he's just such a massive miserable divisive toxic c*nt.
I've never felt so depressed watching United in all my life when he was here. And I've yet to see a more depressive fecking face as his too.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Think Spurs are a little fecked here. Doubt they'll have the money to really support a new manager, and the players they've gone for really are the sort you'd expect Jose to do well with.

Jose is so done in management it's unreal. Pack it in.

Supports
England
I never liked Jose's attacks on Wenger.

There's minds game and banter but then there's the crap Jose was spewing. Just constant petty digs.
Wenger was perfectly capable of defending himself. I'm not a fan of discouraging manager banter, even if it's dumb or harsh.

Supports
England
These stats are pretty shocking: Kane and Son have combined scored 24 goals - Ndombele has scored 3, Aurier 2, Alderweireld, LoCelso, Hojbjerg, Bale and Moura have all 1 goal each. 10 goals not scored by Son or Kane (10!!!!!). The other outfield players have combined started 180 matches - and scored 10 goals. No wonder Spurs are struggling!
Yep, legit two man team. Or one and a half, really, because Kane is the one who actually makes them tick. He's worth several league places to them on his own.

tomaldinho1

Think Spurs are a little fecked here. Doubt they'll have the money to really support a new manager, and the players they've gone for really are the sort you'd expect Jose to do well with.

Jose is so done in management it's unreal. Pack it in.
I was actually wondering this the other day, of all clubs covid must have been awful for Spurs because so much of their business model must be based around filling out the stadium and managing the massive loan repayments. They hired one of the most expensive managers around, backed him financially and now find themselves exactly where every United and Chelsea fan told them where they would be but haemorrhaging money.

My understanding is they're now over £800m in debt? I know they've probably negotiated a very delayed payment on that and are just paying off interest but it's a huge amount of money. I'm Interested to know how they're faring?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I was actually wondering this the other day, of all clubs covid must have been awful for Spurs because so much of their business model must be based around filling out the stadium and managing the massive loan repayments. They hired one of the most expensive managers around, backed him financially and now find themselves exactly where every United and Chelsea fan told them where they would be but haemorrhaging money.

My understanding is they're now over £800m in debt? I know they've probably negotiated a very delayed payment on that and are just paying off interest but it's a huge amount of money. I'm Interested to know how they're faring?
I'm wondering too.
The pandemic surely has hit all clubs hard (and as an aside, I do feel like we football fans, myself included, don't really account for that in our constant fan judgements and expectations of our teams perfomances and situations).
But it's pretty messed up if you build a massively expensive new stadium, mustering all the financial strength you have, and then the moment it opens a global pandemic hits and you can't have fans come in and buy tickets for a whole year. And it's not just the football games, the gate receipts, surely the calculation of financing the stadium included all sorts of other events, from the NFL games to rock concerts down to the, I don't know, North London Cheese Fair.
None of it is going on. You have to worry whether the pandemic won't result in clubs going bankrupt, as it will with loads of other businesses.

city-puma

Tbh, Spurs lost this game because reckless Dier did a stupid stuff to give out a penalty. The fair result is a draw even tough Chelsea has much better intensity but they couldn’t create anything. Spurs were same and have probably 1.25 chances. Just a game they neutralized each other.

Champagne Football

He was always massively overrated. In his first stint at Chelsea he had an open chequebook and no FFP, literally the equivelant today of being able to buy De Bruyne, Salah, Lewandowski, Grealish, Rice all in one summer.

Spurs will get rid soon once he starts attacking the board over lack of ambition.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Agreed with the Atleti part. Atletico actually press. Whereas Mourinho teams are passive.

I don’t think Celtic could afford him and I can’t see Jose going up there even if they could. Can you imagine him parking the bus against Hamilton at home :lol:
Oh yes, I do agree with you that he would probably never want to go there, but it does look to me exactly like the panic move Celtic would be trying to make this summer, or whenever they do part ways with Lennon.

And yes definitely, it would be huge seeing him park the bus against Hamilton, or spewing crap about football heritage :D

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Jose has an inexplicable arrogance and stubbornness in persisting with his low-block philosophy. It worked for Porto, Inter Milan and to an extent Chelsea, but football has moved on and so should he.

Although as a United fan, I'm hoping he stays with them for eternity.

Stormrage101MUFC

Modern football teams have wised up to his "park the bus" tactics. It used to catch out teams who attacked relentlessly, leaving them open to the counter attack. Now every team, even those in the bottom half, knows that if you defend well and press a Jose Mourinho team, his team will struggle to score even a single goal. Get an easy goal from a set-piece and it's very likely to be game over. It's ironic, really.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That was very good question, not detail but it’s tactical question and relate to the match itself. Not a non-sense question that I’m sick to hear. And Mourinho refused to answer it.

KD6-3.7

He has been tactically outdated for quite some time now. It’s funny seeing all the Spurs fans that are now fed up with his style of football especially since they aren’t even winning games let alone trophies.

It never made sense to me going from Pochettino to Mourinho in the first place but one thing needs to stop and that’s Mourinho still being considered one of the top managers because he hasn’t been one since that disaster in his second stint at Chelsea in his final season.

SAFMUTD

Mourinho's time has passed, he is clearly overdated. He hasnt reinvented himself at all, its the same tactic over and over again eventhough he's hardly got results with it for years. I see Spurs and I see the exact same way we played, just hoff long balls to Kane (Lukaku) and hope him and a speedster Son (Rashford) do the rest.

Against top opossition he always sets up like the underdog happy to give the other team total control of possesion. Its sad really how much he has fallen, he used to be considered the best manager along with Pep, nowadays you cant even mention them in the same phrase.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Skating on thin ice? Spurs lose to WBA and would Levy pull the trigger? I kind of feel he is safe until the end of the season where the board will sit down and review the team progress. No top four and no trophies he is done Im thinking.

You can get away with his tumescent football style if you are getting results, 2 wins in 10 games and you are on the outs. There would be a chorus of boos for the football Spurs are playing if their fancy new stadium was at capacity.

Giggs86

It's getting worse for him with every passing stint. Now all that's left to do is to go to Arsenal to finish at the lowest point of his career.

Shark

@NotShark
Only a matter of time now before he's sacked. Surely he won't scam another relatively big club into signing him after this gig. Reckon he could well be done.

Red Stone

He just can't stop being such a colossal petulant dick, can he? Couldn't stand him before he came here, largely couldn't stand him while he was here, absolutely can't stand him now. Swapping him out for Ole was the best decision this club has made post-Fergie. Wanker.

peridigm

Only a matter of time now before he's sacked. Surely he won't scam another relatively big club into signing him after this gig. Reckon he could well be done.
People have been saying the same thing for 3 jobs now.

AgentSmith

Skating on thin ice? Spurs lose to WBA and would Levy pull the trigger? I kind of feel he is safe until the end of the season where the board will sit down and review the team progress. No top four and no trophies he is done Im thinking.

You can get away with his tumescent football style if you are getting results, 2 wins in 10 games and you are on the outs. There would be a chorus of boos for the football Spurs are playing if their fancy new stadium was at capacity.
Seems unlikely they’d sack him while he’s still got the League Cup final and an easy draw in the Europa League to come.

100% on the fans’ reaction though, would’ve been ugly tonight with a full stadium.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Didn't he give it the big one in that Spurs documentary about having a better squad than he did at United?

How's that working out? :lol:

hobbers

It really is amazing how quickly it goes off the rails with him. His club can be on cloud nine come the final whistle on the last day of the season, and then the next season the place turns into a toxic wasteland within 6 months. Real, Chelsea 2.0, us and now Spurs.

Winrar

Jose looking like he’s losing his shine by the day... him attacking alli is reminiscent of antagonizing pogba when he was with us as well.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I've seen Atletico Madrid mentioned often as potential place for Mourinho to go.

I'm not sure people watch them often enough, but they are not nearly as negative as Mourinho's teams. Mourinho has now managed to turn every side he's managed into passive pedestrians, and while Atletico also defend, they actively participate in games, pressing their opponents, forcing them into mistakes.

Mourinho is actually so incredibly bad, he's absolutely not a top 5 league material anymore. And I'm not speaking about your average sides, I'm talking about Beneventos and Levantes of this world. Even in these teams, he would absolutely not stand out, because among many flaws his style has, I'd say lack of pressing patterns is the most serious one, which makes him under-average manager today.

I could name 15-20 managers I would hire before him currently in charge of teams in top divisions, that's how bad failure he's become. It's all ideology for him, and this is definitely wrong period of football to be in for him. Attacking football has absolutely prevailed and for dinosaurs like him, there's simply no place there anymore.

I predict Celtic may try to take him, but even if he'd accept, that would be the end of him, because his playing style simply doesn't exist anymore.
Agree with everything here. Football has gone past Mourinho. Football at its core is entertainment. Most fans around the world would probably choose to watch samba flicks and intricate passing than dour tactics that leave you frustrated and bored. People work too long and hard to waste their hard earned free time on 2 hours of Mourinho’s negative tactics.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
His hatred of Dele is so weird. Spurs played their best football under Mourinho’s management during those early weeks when Dele was in great form.

He’s got attacking players there ffs he just isn’t interested in it.
Look at Son tonight, he looked like a dog after it’s had its balls chopped off. Well and truly neutered. It’s almost an achievement for Jose to have made such a destructive attacking player look so harmless
He has an attacking midfielder who once scored 18 PL goals in a season (without taking penalties) and he can’t even get on the bench. I don’t care how out of form he is, there’s no way on earth he’s a worse option than Erik Lamela.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Tbh, Spurs lost this game because reckless Dier did a stupid stuff to give out a penalty. The fair result is a draw even tough Chelsea has much better intensity but they couldn’t create anything. Spurs were same and have probably 1.25 chances. Just a game they neutralized each other.
Spurs were by a mile the more passive and inferior team and absolutely deserved to lose.

Mourinho refuses to learn his lesson. His entire style of football relies on his defenders making no mistakes which is always going to fail when you don’t have good defenders. If he were really a pragmatist he’d devise a style that actually played to the strengths of his squad.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I agree. Kane brings them back to being a major threat in that match. Fine enough margins. Spurs need some fresh ideas though and Jose is not the man for that. He’s going to have a meltdown soon and it will be glorious to watch from afar.

Status
Not open for further replies.