Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I give it two seasons at best.

Massive miss match for club, manager and chairman.
I actually think it's potentially a brilliant fit for both parties, particularly when you look at the squad, there are a lot of Jose type players in there and no way Levy and him haven't talked openly about the financial side.

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool
I think Jose will do with Spurs. He has base of good players at hand and he has shown previously (Porto comes to my mind) that he can get best out of this lot. January transfer window going to be interesting if he wants new players and Levy says NO.
Anyways the clash at Old trafford in few weeks is going to be epic. Will he celebrate like Adebayor if Spurs manage a last minute win :D

Andersonson

Best manager they could've hoped for.

With that squad and his tactics, they might actually win something.

Acole9

Outstanding
Good luck to him. Clearly wants to prove a few folk wrong, it's not like him to take a job during the season, he normally waits until the summer.

This will be an unpopular remark on here but I'm a little bit gutted actually, I can see why we sacked him but I don't think we should've.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Well that happened fast.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
If there ever was a time to post that "escalated quickly" meme, it surely is now.

MrPooni

Risky move by Jose considering how operates but I'm sure he'll win them trophies before he moves on and I imagine that's Tottenham's primary objective now given how much they've invested into the underlying infrastructure of the club.

P.S. Please sign Matic.

Milo2035

On a more serious note - does anyone see ANY patterns here ?

First Harry Redknapp, then Villas-Boas, Tim Sherwood, Pochettino and Jose Mourinho.

First they get Pochettino who gets his players in to play his football - and then appointing Mourinho who stands for a completely different style of football. What is Levy thinking ?
And I thought Ed is the most stupid man in charge of a football club.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Keep away from our scotty, jose

Abizzz

I actually think it's potentially a brilliant fit for both parties, particularly when you look at the squad, there are a lot of Jose type players in there and no way Levy and him haven't talked openly about the financial side.
Ali is the only one that strikes me as a "Jose type", but I haven't watched Spurs anything as much as Spurs fans, who else do you consider an easy fit for Jose's attitude?

jackal&hyde

:lol: unreal

Can't wait for our game against spurs now. To beat Mourinho and hear his excuses again is going to be priceless.

slored1

This will either be a clusterfeck or very successful appointment. No in between.

kps88

He couldn't handle Woody not letting him sign another CB. What's he going to do when Levy barely lets him sign anyone at all?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is such an awful awful move by spurs . Who the hell replaces one of the brightest young managers in the world with a past it egoistical maniac

dasty

A solid defense, a combative midfield with good rotation options, a goalscoring big man in front, with a lot of shithousery. He can actually make Spurs into one of his template teams with their current squad.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Ali is the only one that strikes me as a "Jose type", but I haven't watched Spurs anything as much as Spurs fans, who else do you consider an easy fit for Jose's attitude?
Kane is built for a Jose team. Sissoko, N'dombele and Dier are all his kind of players.

PieCrust

This seems too unbelievable to be true. Amazing appointment, can't wait for the drama.

Kostur

海尔的老板
At least it means our players will up their game to pre-full-time-Ole-mode for two games a season now.

As for the finances, I cannot somehow believe that Levy and Mourinho sat and haven't discussed it. Cannot see Jose going for the job unless he got reassured about financial backing.

Irrational.

There will be no middle ground here.

If he does well he'll get Spurs punching well above their weight and winning trophies. If he doesn't it's going to descend into utter chaos and the club will be turned into a circus.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
I hate spurs and I hate Mourinho. I still love this. Jose always bring drama and who don’t love a drama in a team you don’t support. I just can’t wait when Jose start to put pressure On the club for more signings and we all know he will bring up how long it was since spurs won anything

Baneofthegame

Only thing I don’t understand from this appointment is Mourinho typically needs a lot of money, which Levy typically doesn’t like to dish out.

We should of just swapped managers with them last January transfer window.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He couldn't handle Woody not letting him sign another CB. What's he going to do when Levy barely lets him sign anyone at all?
Levy will probably give him way more money than he ever gave Poch to make a "point" about Spurs being a big club with big finances now.

Bocca9978

You need to be positive, fair enough but it never ends well.
Can we have first dibs on Kane when Jose makes him play at right back?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
"I am excited to be joining a club with such a great heritage and such passionate supporters.

He criticised our 'heritage,' so I wonder what he's going to say about Spurs' heritage?

"The quality in both the squad and the academy excites me," said the 56-year-old Portuguese. "Working with these players is what has attracted me."

He didn't trust our academy players with the exception of McSauce, what he'll make of Spurs' academy?

dasty

Kane is built for a Jose team. Sissoko, N'dombele and Dier are all his kind of players.
People are judging Mourinho based off their emotions instead of facts. Your squad actually looks almost perfect for him. He also loves a big man in front (Kane) as well as a solid defense (you guys always had one, they are just having an awful patch of form at the moment). He will love Son too as he will be the focal point of your counter attacks.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
You need to be positive, fair enough but it never ends well.
Can we have first dibs on Kane when Jose makes him play at right back?
It's Alli who'll be the first in the firing line. Work rate, attitude. He's Poch's baby

Jose simply won't like him.

Irrational.

It's not really a question of comparison. It's simply that Pochettino fits with Spurs and Mourinho doesn't.
I'll take Pochettino's positivity over Mourinho's throwing-his-players-under-the-bus.

Besides, there's no reason to think that Pochettino isn't genuinely very impressed by the new stadium. All the reports I've seen from people who has been inside all say the same thing, namely that it's truly fantastic.
:wenger: