Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about out of the world training facilities?
@glastonspurm has no doubt gone into hiding again.

Its funny because the spurs fans I know are in denial, just as we were a couple of years back.

outdated manager. How on earth did Levy think it would end up differently?

do we expect the first proper tantrum/ throwing players under the bus on Feb1st after the transfer window has closed?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The question is, which key players is he going to fall out with and drive out the club? :cool:
Can't imagine Kane being happy with those lumped balls.

And tbf, I can't see Jose being so thrilled with him. So many people talked about him being a perfect striker for him, but Jose doesn't rate great link-up from his strikers so much. Holding the ball yes, but also it is more about penetration, speed, power, directness, being "the hunting dog" in his own words... I mean he didn't rate Karim Benzema and wanted to bring Hugo Almeida to Madrid?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I thought he was going to a very good job at Spurs, how foolish I was.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Like clockwork. He'll only unwind even rapidly if Kane misses some games and Spurs inevitably lose more as they are as much of a one man team as there is right now.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Rambling about ball boys and VAR, with the added bonus of blaming a player for being injured.

Maybe he's going in reverse. A meltdown before some relative success. Or maybe he's just skipped the success part and went straight to meltdown.

lsd

The Oracle
To think Utd fans still worship this washed up has been of a manager .

The best thing we have done since Fergie retired was sacking him and the worst was hiring him in the first place .

Spurs though have surpassed even us in stupidity by giving him another chance to show he has absolutely nothing to offer the modern game

Rish Sawhney

Just saw that interview. He honestly just called Kane "our target man". Just shows how much of a dinosaur he is.

I think his point about the VAR's being the real refs and the on field refs being the assistant is very valid. however since its said among a pile of BS no one will take it seriously.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Can't imagine Kane being happy with those lumped balls.

And tbf, I can't see Jose being so thrilled with him. So many people talked about him being a perfect striker for him, but Jose doesn't rate great link-up from his strikers so much. Holding the ball yes, but also it is more about penetration, speed, power, directness, being "the hunting dog" in his own words... I mean he didn't rate Karim Benzema and wanted to bring Hugo Almeida to Madrid?
It’s amazing isn’t it....they’ve managed to keep hold of all these good players on (comparatively) low wages....half a season of Jose magic and they’ll all be screaming to their agents for a move :lol:

RORY65

Badly run clubs generally make bad decisions, including managerial appointments (look at ours post Ferguson). Levy lucked out with Pochettino (although he now deserves blame for the significant issues within that squad and running Kane into the ground) because Woodward came in at the last second and took Van Gaal off their hands, he's now returned to the pattern of bad appointments.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
It’s amazing isn’t it....they’ve managed to keep hold of all these good players on (comparatively) low wages....half a season of Jose magic and they’ll all be screaming to their agents for a move :lol:
And they actually need to rebuild this summer. If Levy has any sense he will not give him exact players that he wants.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
And they actually need to rebuild this summer. If Levy has any sense he will not give him exact players that he wants.
We should be all over Son/Kane like a rash.
You are right on the rebuild. I can’t wait to see Jose vs Levy in the summer, assuming he’s still there. It’ll be fecking box office

Ban

Not really.

Pogba was frozen out the squad for a period and treated with enormous disrespect by the manager. He wanted to leave a year ago.

Jose failed deliver the success Pogba expected when he signed and used Pogba as a scapegoat. If we were in the top 4 with squad harmony, I say Pogba would sign a new deal. Its not yet off the cards.

So yes, I think Jose is the major contributing factor
I don't agree. If year on he still doesn't want to sign he's a huge diva. As in that's probably not the case I reckon he's not a diva. As you say it's cause we're still a mess. The whole saga was not only Jose fault imo but that's for another story, better not to start that again.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Aside from a couple of decent halves v bottom half I think they've been pretty terrible so far in his tenure. Kane really dosen't look effective at all in this style which surprises me.

Ultimately got to give him some transfer windows to regenerate the squad but looking like more of the Mourinho post 2015 rather than before that when he was still one of the top managers around.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think he might beat them,he hates liverpool.
I'd be fine with Spurs preserving Arsenal's unbeaten record you know. This will be a great game to watch for me :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
On the plus side the self-pouring pint sales will go up 1000%.

And Glaston will feck off to India again.

LVGSdive

Still think he’s going to do a job on Liverpool.
The Spurs defence is horrible.

Liverpool will do a job on them unfortunately.

I thought Jose was past his best, looked very miserable and Pooch was a better modern manager. Additionally, Levy vs Jose is a ticking time bomb with Jose wanting to spend spend spend and Levy wanting to be frugal.

He has only been there for a couple of months, so it's not long enough time to make an accurate judgement. However, I fully expect Jose not to be a success at Spurs and to be gone by the end of next season.

Like others have said the implosion will be fun to watch from a far this time.

TJSF

Supports
Benfica
Hope someday he get to know what broke him. Does Sky kept his seat warm?

C'est Moi Cantona

I'm glad we're on the outside looking in now, he's great entertainment, and I like him again, just poor Spurs.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His team played an anonymous game against a perceived bad team and lost

Of course he'd find a way to steer attention away from that, it's what he's always done. Nothing to see here