Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well with N'dombele being your record purchase, you can say that in a way he had damaged your club.

If reports are to be believed there's no love lost between the two, and Mourinho's reported unwillingness to give him a chance, you will find it quite difficult to recuperate the money you've spent on him.
Jose didn't sign N'dombele - also Jose has pretty much constantly been bigging the guy up since he got to the club. You focus on the negative stuff he said about his fitness (which is 100% true by the way) and ignore the other comments he has made about how N'dombele can transform the team and is a player the team could be built around.

RC89

Spurs got shit. He left. They’ll threaten to become good again at some point in the future. He will return. Piss everyone off. Then leave when Spurs get shit again. Rinse and repeat. It’s the Glastoncycle. Been the bane of my life on here for nearly 20 years.
Ah okay, I used to read this forum since maybe I was 14 or so, and I feel like I remember him posting back then (16 years ago)

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
This is exactly what I feel about the situation. To focus on Jose is a mistake if you ignore the bigger picture and the bigger picture is a big steaming turd.
Problem is, you don't appoint Jose for the big picture, even in his prime he wasn't that type of manager.

To justify his appointment you have to win the PL or CL and you have to do it quickly.

SirAnderson

What damage? Honestly guys this is getting boring - we have been THIS BAD for over a year now. Jose hasn't improved things which is the most damning thing I can say about him so far but to suggest Jose has come in and damaged the club in any way is utterly bonkers.
That's not true really. He has made you worse. It was bad, but definitely not this bad.
Would Pochs team not have registered a single shot on target against relegation fodder like Bournemouth in his spiral down? I haven't check, but I can bet he didn't.

RC89

I did it for jinxing purposes, you know, just in case. :lol:
Does anyone remember that 'jinx' where we'd say things like, 'there's no way RVP doesn't play' while he was at Arsenal and for ages the Jinx was was 'working' (not that I actually believe that crap) :lol:

MetoTTT

Wow, it's really funny to watch them being piss poor. They're really in trouble. José will destroy them in no time.

Djemba-Djemba

Problem is, you don't appoint Jose for the big picture, even in his prime he wasn't that type of manager.

To justify his appointment you have to win the PL or CL and you have to do it quickly.
Yep, to stomach Jose you have to be winning trophies and they have to be the big ones.

We won a couple of trophies with him and almost won a couple more and it was still unbearable.

If the results are bad, he's as bad a manager as you can have because the performances will always be rotten.

Fracture90

Jose didn't sign N'dombele - also Jose has pretty much constantly been bigging the guy up since he got to the club. You focus on the negative stuff he said about his fitness (which is 100% true by the way) and ignore the other comments he has made about how N'dombele can transform the team and is a player the team could be built around.
I didn't say he was the one who bought the lad, obviously i know he didn't but that with all the noise coming from the Spurs he already managed to alienate their record signing and is reluctant to give him a proper chance. Allegedly N'dombele is looking for a way out and with the way he's been used at Spurs, they'll be lucky to recover half of the fee paid for him. So in a way he is damaging to Spurs, at least financially.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That's not true really. He has made you worse. It was bad, but definitely not this bad.
Would Pochs team not have registered a single shot on target against relegation fodder like Bournemouth in his spiral down? I haven't check, but I can bet he didn't.
I (unfortunately) have watched every second of every match we have played for the last year and I can assure you that under Poch we were at least as bad as this. It has been that bad believe me.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I didn't say he was the one who bought the lad, obviously i know he didn't but that with all the noise coming from the Spurs he already managed to alienate their record signing and is reluctant to give him a proper chance. Allegedly N'dombele is looking for a way out and with the way he's been used at Spurs, they'll be lucky to recover half of the fee paid for him. So in a way he is damaging to Spurs, at least financially.
You could view it that way or you could ask why a professional player is seemingly unable to complete a full 90 mins of football because he is unfit and out of shape. If I was his manager I'd be spitting feathers. If N'dombele leaves in the summer believe me I'll be glad to see the back of him. A total disaster of a transfer so far.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yep, to stomach Jose you have to be winning trophies and they have to be the big ones.
Sometimes even then it's debatable.

Obviously not with Porto, us the first time and Inter, but there was defiently some question marks about whether the title was enough to make up for the other rubbish with Real and especially us the second time round, one of my freinds keeps using the quote "we sold our soul for a league title".

I don't think that extremely, but I'm not sure that title was worth losing KDB for looking back and I certainly wouldn't want to lose our current talent for a quick title at this point.

Slysi17

Tottenham are financially screwed. That fancy new stadium cost a bomb but they are getting no revenue from it due to not being allowed fans in the stadium due to Covid19. Also no NFL or concerts for the foreseeable future too. I don't think Spurs will break into the top four in the premier league for 5 to 10 years. Makes it even worse having Jose Mourinho as a manager as they can't afford to sack him. They are truly in a mess

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
You could view it that way or you could ask why a professional player is seemingly unable to complete a full 90 mins of football because he is unfit and out of shape. If I was his manager I'd be spitting feathers. If N'dombele leaves in the summer believe me I'll be glad to see the back of him. A total disaster of a transfer so far.
Ole complained about Uniteds fitness when he took over from Jose. Someone did a video comparison of a rondo session during a Jose practice to one from an Ole practice and the difference was stark. If Spuds players arent fit then that suggests theres a pattern here

Ramshock

Tottenham are financially screwed. That fancy new stadium cost a bomb but they are getting no revenue from it due to not being allowed fans in the stadium due to Covid19. Also no NFL or concerts for the foreseeable future too. I don't think Spurs will break into the top four in the premier league for 5 to 10 years. Makes it even worse having Jose Mourinho as a manager as they can't afford to sack him. They are truly in a mess
Levy is genuinely an idiot. I would feel sorry for Spurs fans but I dont want to

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Ole complained about Uniteds fitness when he took over from Jose. Someone did a video comparison of a rondo session during a Jose practice to one from an Ole practice and the difference was stark. If Spuds players arent fit then that suggests theres a pattern here
He hasn't been fit enough from the day and hour he got to the club.

Fracture90

True, no defending him on that but then again how unfit must he be considering that Mourinho's teams don't tend to run all that much? Also there's the history of Mourinho antagonizing his players.

Anyway mate you're getting too invested in this considering it was intended to be a joke of a food for a thought from my part.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
True, no defending him on that but then again how unfit must he be considering that Mourinho's teams don't tend to run all that much? Also there's the history of Mourinho antagonizing his players.

Anyway mate you're getting too invested in this considering it was intended to be a joke of a food for a thought from my part.
No worries buddy, I try to keep my head up in here but it's hard not to want to constantly defend the club even though I can see the entire thing is a shambles at the moment.

Fracture90

No worries buddy, I try to keep my head up in here but it's hard not to want to constantly defend the club even though I can see the entire thing is a shambles at the moment.
As you most definitely should!

Though it's worth saying I'm not slandering Spurs here by any means.

Last edited:

van Persie

Spurs "success" got to their head and when Mourinho was available and interested they blew their feet away.

Pocchetino was doing miracles there already. One of the most ridiculous sackings in history. Knowing how annoying their fans were on here I'm loving it.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Spurs "success" got to their head and when Mourinho was available and interested they blew their feet away.

Pocchetino was doing miracles there already. One of the most ridiculous sackings in history. Knowing how annoying their fans were on here I'm loving it.
Actually the results were awful. It was time to part ways.

Slysi17

Levy is genuinely an idiot. I would feel sorry for Spurs fans but I dont want to
Yep have to agree with that. Absolutely idiotic that he didn't allow Tottenham to spend some money when they didn't buy anyone for 2 transfer windows. Plus hiring Mourinho was stupid. I don't feel sorry for them but I do hate Arsenal more and love it when Arsenal are doing badly.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

This is why this bitter fool is left behind in the game. You win penalties when you attack and commit players to attack, not by playing low block and your lone striker as DM against Bournemouth.

Ramshock

This is why this bitter fool is left behind in the game. You win penalties when you attack and commit players to attack, not by playing low block and your lone striker as DM against Bournemouth.
Yep everyone knows you get 13 penalties by defending a one goal lead in your own third in a 4-5-1 with a big moody lump upfront

Classical Mechanic

He'll win the League Cup next year and declare when he's sacked with Spurs in the toilet 'Spurs do not win trophies, no? it's not normal for Spurs to win trophies, it's normal for Mourinho'.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
He'll win the League Cup next year and declare when he's sacked with Spurs in the toilet 'Spurs do not win trophies, no? it's not normal for Spurs to win trophies, it's normal for Mourinho'.
He won’t even manage that. He’s clearly finished at this level.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Props you for coming around mate. Takes a lot for a man to challenge his stance on things.
Gracias. To quote Mark Corrigan, I've had therapy. I'm going to the solarium. I've spoken to the citizens advice bureau . There's nothing inside killing me

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
They get what they deserve, and so does Jose. He is a manager that just shouldn’t be hired anymore and his antics are embarrassing nowadays. I hated him being a United manager

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Some actually believed Mourinho would prove the doubters wrong with another team. Shocking.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Tbf to us, we saved Spurs once by taking Van Gaal when they agreed everything with him, which led to hiring Poch.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They get what they deserve, and so does Jose. He is a manager that just shouldn’t be hired anymore and his antics are embarrassing nowadays. I hated him being a United manager
I wonder when football executives will realize that he isn't worth the poor image? You are not going to play attractive football, he stifles creative players, isn't good for young players developments and nowadays he doesn't guarantee you top trophies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Tbf to us, we saved Spurs once by taking Van Gaal when they agreed everything with him, which led to hiring Poch.
And he still won more trophies with us than Saint Poch ever won in his life.

Rolaholic

Hearing Spurs fan shitting on a side that made the CL final a year ago to justify serving up shite against bottom feeders is giving me serious deja-vu...