Jose Mourinho to PSG?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

The arrival of Mourinho to PSG the next season is emerging.He is already letting himself be loved in several statements,and the moment -if PSG don't win the C.L- would be the next summer.
Translation from our resident Madridista @carvajal. Thank you!

From what I remember Paco González is very reliable as are COPE.

Anyway, I'm pretty certain, a large proportion of our fan base would actually be happy.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I don't think i'd mind anymore, i'd rather watch us scrap for 4th under an attacking(Positive) manager than scrape 2nd place watching this stuff week in, week out.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I wouldn't be too sad at all, obviously dependent on who we get in to replace him.

VanGaalEra

Translation from our resident Madridista @carvajal. Thank you!

From what I remember Paco González is very reliable as are COPE.

Anyway, I'm pretty certain, a large proportion of our fan base would actually be happy.
Who would we actually be able to bring in? I don't think he leaves at the end of this season personally, but other than Ancelotti, who is available?

I can't see it. Since his star has risen he's only ever been concerned with the biggest challenges in the biggest leagues. Why would he go to Ligue 1?

Edit: I also don't think he'll leave voluntarily until he feels he's succeeded here.

Last edited:

Paxi

I can't see it. Since his star has risen he's only ever been concerned with the biggest challenges in the biggest leagues. Why would he go to Ligue 1?
Because they have unlimited funds and a shit League. Where else will he go to win after this?

Cliche Guevara

He’s used to winning Championships. Maybe his ego has taken a bit of a battering and the pressure to deliver top trophies is starting to tell.

It is hard to compete with the oil clubs.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Maybe he thinks he has a better chance of winning the Champions League with PSG.

After London, Madrid and Milan, maybe his family misses living in a fancy city.

AshRK

I don't think i'd mind anymore, i'd rather watch us scrap for 4th under an attacking(Positive) manager than scrape 2nd place watching this stuff week in, week out.
Statements like this never make sense. So you are telling me you would prefer to be like Arsenal rather than actually win. Finishing 2nd is any day better than 4th , with or without attacking. Furthermore we have scores second highest number of goals in the league so yes we have been efficent in attack.

Paxi

It would be interesting what he has to say about Woodward and the Glazers after. Whether they backed him to the hilt or not. He's not the type to keep his mouth shut, Jose.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It would be interesting what he has to say about Woodward and the Glazers after. Whether they backed him to the hilt or not. He's not the type to keep his mouth shut, Jose.
He’s had more than enough backing, if he fails it’s on him.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Statements like this never make sense. So you are telling me you would prefer to be like Arsenal rather than actually win. Finishing 2nd is any day better than 4th , with or without attacking. Furthermore we have scores second highest number of goals in the league so yes we have been efficent in attack.
Give me a break man, I never started watching United because they won pots, they played good football and i'm not enjoying watching us.. still, long after LvG.
Obviously i'd like to get in a decent, capeable man to replace him, not any old bum, but Christ I can't tell you how much I miss watching good football.

Treble

I can imagne why Jose would want to go there. But PSG...I'm not sure that they want him.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Be a massive blow to see him leave, despite what people think he'd made huge progress in his time here.

I'd be disappointed if he jumps ship, and people will say that Man City and Pep ran him out of Manchester. Can his ego take that?

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Give me a break man, I never started watching United because they won pots, they played good football and i'm not enjoying watching us.. still, long after LvG.
Obviously i'd like to get in a decent, capeable man to replace him, not any old bum, but Christ I can't tell you how much I miss watching good football.
We've played some good, free flowing football this season. You don't get it every game, we never have.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Can't see him leaving as this was more likely his dream job after all. I bet Guardiola will be first to leave Manchester as he has serious trouble dealing with constant pressure.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Surprised so many would be fine with it. Whether they like him or not, there's few better than him. I don't see who else can realistically take on Pep and win. Allegedly Fergie's successor was 5th or 6th choice. After that the best we could get was Van Gaal. Mourinho is far and away the best we've had since, and I struggle to see how we can improve on him in the foreseeable future.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He's been backed here probably more than anywhere else bar his first Chelsea stint.

AshRK

There's one thing to say you want our team to play attacking football and there's another thing to say you prefer us to finish 4th than 2nd. That's why I said your post didn't make sense. Results and style of football goes hand in hand. If your style doesn't bring good results then your style is shit, no matter how much attacking or defensive football you play. Wenger has been so called attacking manager and yet his style is pathetic considering their results.

AshRK

Surprised so many would be fine with it. Whether they like him or not, there's few better than him. I don't see who else can realistically take on Pep and win. Allegedly Fergie's successor was 5th or 6th choice. After that the best we could get was Van Gaal. Mourinho is far and away the best we've had since, and I struggle to see how we can improve on him in the foreseeable future.
This is what i also feel. People are taking things for granted. Jose is a winner and if he doesn't win a league title for us then I fear when will we win next. Jose must be backed and if he still fails then we can decide on replacing him.

wolvored

If its true then maybe hes thinking he can he will win the league again there and everything will look good again on his CV. He will have a much easier ride there than here. The fact hes living out of an hotel has always made me think hes only here for the short term.

beedoubleyou

Agreed, outscoring only 19 of the 20 teams in the league so far is unacceptable. We've finished 7th, 4th, 5th and 6th in recent seasons, logic dictates that we should be doing a lot better than second in the points and scoring tables right now. :smirk:

SER19

If this thread means all the mourinho moaning can be kept in here then I'm all for it. Stockpile all nonsensical misery in here

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I really hope he doesn't go to PSG, I don't want him in Paris. He's not my kind of coach and I don't think he would get the best out of players like Neymar and Mbappe. If it wasn't for City's history-making form so far this season, he would be lauded for how he's turned United around in his second season. It would really be a stain if he's gone after only two years.

SER19

Dreadful post, lacks any depth or insight, solution, alternative or sense. It's just another of a million pretty vague sound bytes. I take it you'd be ok with giggs taking over if this is how you feel. He'd be guaranteed 100% to be an attacking manager.

DRM

Terrible news if true, who else is out there that can replace him and do a better job? This will set us back a few more years again!

leontas

Not sure why he’d want to leave - does he not want to beat Pep to the title?

pascell

I wanted Jose as Man Utd manager and I still do, it'd be a big blow for him to jump ship, especially as we'll likely be left with players the next manager doesn't want. I think he's building something positive here, he needs January fast to bring in a few new faces and get rid of some old (Blind, Darmian & Mkhitaryan).

I've thought since he mentioned PSG and them playing great football etc etc in that interview that he'll jump ship there at the end of this season. The PSG owner is crazy about winning the CL, all PSG need really is a solid defence and as we know, Jose is the man for that. In Paris he'll also be away from the comparisons to Pep and the circus around all that. I also can't see us giving him the budget that he needs to match City, last summer was our chance to bridge the gap and we fell very short of doing so.

Green_Red

Knee jerk. The author was just waiting for a prime moment to publish that article to get maximum effect from it. Pure click bait.

Tanel

That would be the biggest mistake by our Club since Fergie retired.. Mourinho is the best and most known manager we could imagine to succeed at current tenure at the club we all love and loathe. The fact that some of you wish him gone only because some of our players have been abysmal at times, it's really really sad.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Agreed, outscoring only 19 of the 20 teams in the league so far is unacceptable. We've finished 7th, 4th, 5th and 6th in recent seasons, logic dictates that we should be doing a lot better than second in the points and scoring tables right now. :smirk:
I didn't say we haven't made progress under him, and i'm thankful for that, i'm not oblivious to the fact.
The point still remains for me, my heart is telling me i'm not enjoying watching United play, it's been a really difficult last few weeks in particular watching our games, City, Bournemouth, last night are all fresh in the mind, maybe it just feels worse right now.

Dreadful post, lacks any depth or insight, solution, alternative or sense. It's just another of a million pretty vague sound bytes. I take it you'd be ok with giggs taking over if this is how you feel. He'd be guaranteed 100% to be an attacking manager.
Nah, I didn't say anything about Giggs or someone with no experience taking over, I can see Mou is a quality manager...
But I don't enjoy watching us play football, it's that simple, I just don't enjoy watching us play, it's not a crime to admit that, ta.

El Zoido

It would be a disaster if we lost him. Mourinho haters should be careful what they wish for.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Knee jerk. The author was just waiting for a prime moment to publish that article to get maximum effect from it. Pure click bait.
This article was released yesterday before the game. I remember reading about it in the twitter transfer thread.

edit: I'm wrong, ignore me. :lol: