Jose Mourinho's Press Conference, Friday Oct 19th

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
13:44
Sarri on being surprised by United's start
A little bit, but it can happen. We are talking only about 8 matches, they are doing well in the Champions League so they can improve in the Premier League, we are talking about two months.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Doesn't seem like much said, which is probably for the best for us in terms of the papers having less to write, hopefully we can get a positive result tomorrow.
Said some really good things about Shaw, seems really happy with him. :drool:

Web of Bissaka

13:27
Player availability
When asked ho might return, he told MUTV:

Players that are going to make an effort to be available for the team, like Herrera. He trained two days but, with the situation we have, is one step forward and he’s ready to help us.

Nice of him to single out Herrerra's attitude.

“Then we came back and we were waiting for the boys to come back from their national teams. Some came back in good condition and the happiness of some good results. Some came back with injuries, injuries that we were aware of when they happened and the national teams were correct in sending the boys back.

“We also had surprises with players that we had no idea that they were injured and they arrived with important injuries.”

When asked if any players who missed the 3-2 victory over Newcastle United a fortnight ago are able to return on Saturday, Jose added: “Players that are going to make an effort to be available for the team, like Herrera. He trained two days but, with the situation we have, is one step forward and he’s ready to help us.”

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...ign=ManUtd&utm_medium=post&utm_source=twitter

Web of Bissaka

Interesting pieces about Shaw.
More details at manutd.com

Shaw did everything he said he would
“The players are different. Men are different, players are different. And they react in different ways to the development process and Luke reacted in the best possible way. In these difficult moments, the moments where he was not selected, he was not playing regularly, he was saying the same all the time - 'I want to play for you, I want to play for United, I'm going to make it and I'm going to be the player you want me to be'. And he did it. He faced the process in a brave way.”

Luke has improved in so many ways
“He started this season - before the season starts in the best possible way. Where you went for holidays with a club fitness coach and he arrived on day one in much better conditions than a player that just has a holiday for fun and rest. Then, by the tactical point of view, I think he absorbed all the information, all the work that we accumulate in the past years. Mentally he got stronger and of course the happiness of this season, to start playing regularly, to feel that the place was his place and I think also the national team, in spite of he was not very happy with his injury against Spain, that feeling also helped. So it is a culmination of factors.

“I think it's an important contract for the club to keep him and it's important for him because it's what he wants. I always like the players to be happy so when he gets exactly what he wants, which is a new contract with Manchester United, I think was good news for us.”

https://www.manutd.com/en/events/liveevents?eventtag=19102018MourinhoLiveFollowthepressconference

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Confused. Caf experts tell me Spurs, Chelsea and soon Arsenal all have stronger teams
They clearly do though. And you missed out City and Liverpool who obviously do.

It's not unusual for a manager to say something like this before a game.

Ban

I won't need to because he'll be gone soon enough but whatever makes you feel better I guess.
It's sarcasm. You're one of those who just can't let anything positive just pass by without downing it.

Posh Red

If you really believe that Spurs have a better squad than United, given the massive difference in spending over the last few years, then that says a lot about how well (or badly) Poch and Mourinho have managed their respective squads.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If you really believe that Spurs have a better squad than United, given the massive difference in spending over the last few years, then that says a lot about how well (or badly) Poch and Mourinho have managed their respective squads.
Probably does yeah. I do believe they have a lot of players that would get into our team. A few out of their defence and almost all their midfield and attack would get in.

I think it shows that Poch isn't the man for us though, if he can't get them doing much more than us.

Hoof the ball

Interesting take on things. We have some good players, no doubt.
Yeah, but player-for-player, the best? It's common that managers and players say nice things about opponents. It's a way of leading the opposition into self-assured over-confidence. There's no way we're man-for-man the best.

Greck

I didn't miss out city and pool because I know they have a good case for having a stronger team. Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea I don't agree with. The gap between the latter teams and us is coaching. Coaching is why teams like Derby outplay us

Posh Red

Probably does yeah. I do believe they have a lot of players that would get into our team. A few out of their defence and almost all their midfield and attack would get in.

I think it shows that Poch isn't the man for us though, if he can't get them doing much more than us.
Yes a fair point. Most of their defenders and their forward would certainly start for United, although Pogba and De Gea would probably start in their team. It's hard to say how Poch would do with a massive budget as he simply doesn't have that at Spurs though.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Chelsea FC‏Verified account @ChelseaFC

Sarri says tomorrow's opponents Manchester United are a very strong team who player by player may be the best in the league. #CHEMUN
He’s bound to talk us up before tomorrow’s match. Win, lose or draw the result looks better for Chelsea if United “player by player may be the best in the league”

Narrator’s voice. “This isn’t true”.