Jose : "They are not the last wonder of the world like you say they are"

Utdstar01

FFS why is everybody shitting the bed because I praised his tactics. Obviously I'm not happy with the result and it was frustrating in many ways, mostly because we were shit in the final third.

Martial would've provided so much more tonight than Rashford on that viewing but whether he would've been able to execute that game plan as effectively is questionable.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Parking the bus means inviting pressure. We pressed high and totally nullified them. It is called tactics against a home side which at the moment is pretty free flowing and pushing well above their weight. You do this and then you get one or two chances in the game and see it out, like we would have if Zlatan scored.
In the first half. You were nowhere in the second and can thank De Gea once again for the point you gained.

AXVnee7

How was that in anyway a bad performance?? We completely nullified their threats, yes we need De Gea to bail us out but they didn't get a sniff otherwise.

Defensively we are solid. At pressing we are FANTASTIC. All that remains is to get a consistent front 3/4 and get them to gel. Let's not forget we still have Martial and Mkhi to bring back into the fray.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I am sure all the bottom half team does it with shit players. So sometimes they lose because of it. Should we call all their managers, good tactician or even master tacticians when they draw against top half teams?
Bottom half teams sit back and invites pressure. Mourinho applied man-marking, tucked his fullbacks in to follow their runners while the wingers took out the overlapping fullbacks of theirs.

Parking the bus is sitting deep in your own half the entire match and letting the opposition hammer on. Liverpool hardly came out of their own half in the first half.

So yes, the tactic was spot on, and no the bottom half teams won't be able to do that.

Wenger and Conte didn't manage a draw, and they played at home. Mourinho got it spot on and another day Zlatan's header goes in and we are all having a laugh.

Witchking

Honestly I have blamed the manager for every poor performance until now, but tonight's lack of chances was more down to Zlatan, Pogba, and Rashford having stinkers more than anything. If we can play like today with some more incentive up top with a Micky/Mata creating as well as a Martial with pace, we could have a great season.
Yup. Can't blame jose for this game. Jose did say in his post match that he expected a bit more penetration from the positions pogba played in. Need to wait for Mkhi and Martial and Shaw to be regulars in the side and i think we might come good.

But first we need points and we need to win at Chelsea. Lose or draw that and i think we are too far for the title.

bleedred

I am sure all the bottom half team does it with shit players. So sometimes they lose because of it. Should we call all their managers, good tactician or even master tacticians when they draw against top half teams?
If they can do it on a consistent basis, then yeah, they are...

Sam M

Oh come on.

I have been absolutely fine this year. I've supported us. I've been getting behind the team. But all last year we heard "if we had Jose we'd be top four now" but it just hasn't happened. We've done the double over Liverpool the last two years, that's tactical genius. (Genius is a strong word, I regret that)
Coming on and popping snide digs at the manager isn't support.

The United

Bottom half teams sit back and invites pressure. Mourinho applied man-marking, tucked his fullbacks in to follow their runners while the wingers took out the overlapping fullbacks of theirs.

Parking the bus is sitting deep in your own half the entire match and letting the opposition hammer on. Liverpool hardly came out of their own half in the first half.

So yes, the tactic was spot on, and no the bottom half teams won't be able to do that.

Wenger and Conte didn't manage a draw, and they played at home. Mourinho got it spot on and another day Zlatan's header goes in and we are all having a laugh.
Wenger and conte didn't manage a draw, therefore we did it 'good'? I mean different games all together no?

And wenger's team were not defending with 9 players behind the ball. We were. And you think managers who are managing in EPL do NOT know man marking, tucking his fb to follow their runners etc?

WTF? Is that why you think jose is a master tactician?

SwansonsTache

In the first half. You were nowhere in the second and can thank De Gea once again for the point you gained.
For about 25 minutes of the second half yes. And you weren't exactly threatening. Coutinho's customary attempt at a worldie that is successfull 1/10 times and ShitCan tripping the ball along once. Other than that, meh.

If you were the second coming of christ like you guys seem to believe you would have blown us apart. Vintage Dortmund which was a proper pressing team would have picked us to pieces, you are just a pound shop version of them.

ReDDHDevilS

Brilliantly said! I don't get all the hype either. If the media and some on here are to believe, you would think we're playing against that Barca of 08/09 at their peak!

Sam M

1 chance your lot had. 1.
The full might of 'Pool has been shown to be a myth. Now that Jose has exposed this to the world you should prepare for a rapid descent down the table

bleedred

FFS why is everybody shitting the bed because I praised his tactics. Obviously I'm not happy with the result and it was frustrating in many ways, mostly because we were shit in the final third.

Martial would've provided so much more tonight than Rashford on that viewing but whether he would've been able to execute that game plan as effectively is questionable.
Moaners gonna moan...last year we played shit and won....yet there were moaners about our style of play...

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Boring how negative people have to be over Mourinho. Get a decent result at Anfield and there's so much moaning here

Always the same few posters

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Parking the bus means inviting pressure. We pressed high and totally nullified them. It is called tactics against a home side which at the moment is pretty free flowing and pushing well above their weight. You do this and then you get one or two chances in the game and see it out, like we would have if Zlatan scored.
If the game would have been over after 60 minutes, I would agree with that. Especially the first 40 minutes were very well exectued pressing.

In the last 30 minutes you invited them in, though, and not only do I believe that on a really good day they could have really turned the heat on, you were saved twice by your world class GK, which is certainly not a compliment to Mourinho´s tactics.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Tactics were spot on. Up top our players didn't offer enough, Rashford had a real off day as did Zlatan and Pogba so you can't exactly blame Jose for that.
You have to put them into a position where they have a chance to succeed. Being outnumbered and isolated doesn't help. So José had a lot to do with it, because he wasn't interested much in the attacking part of tonight's game. No surprise all four offensive players looked shit.

SwansonsTache

Wenger and conte didn't manage a draw, therefore we did it 'good'? I mean different games all together no?

And wenger's team were not defending with 9 players behind the ball. We were. And you think managers who are managing in EPL do NOT know man marking, tucking his fb to follow their runners etc?

WTF? Is that why you think jose is a master tactician?
Please point out where I say he is a master tactician you absolute tool. I said he got his tactics right for this match away against the most in form team in the league.

Please give it a rest.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Brilliantly said! I don't get all the hype either. If the media and some on here are to believe, you would think we're playing against that Barca of 08/09 at their peak!
Not really. There's been some praise of how they've played so far because, well, they've played quite well so far. No one thinks they're unstoppable or even remotely unbeatable...in fact, the vast majority of people don't think they'll win the title. Which shows people's views on them are fairly tempered.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You were nowhere in the first half. Pretty rubbish and well tamed for the home team. And you can thank Ibra for the point you gained. Nicked a good one today.

SwansonsTache

If the game would have been over after 60 minutes, I would agree with that. Especially the first 40 minutes were very well exectued pressing.

In the last 30 minutes you invited them in, though, and not only do I believe that on a really good day they could have really turned the heat on, you were saved twice by your world class GK, which is certainly not a compliment to Mourinho´s tactics.
On a different day Zlatan kills it with his header and we are laughing. And yes, we have a GK that makes Neuer look like a fumbling baboon, but that is just the way the cookie crumbles.

If Liverpool were this überforce a lot of scouse seems to believe they are they should have picked us apart.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
For about 25 minutes of the second half yes. And you weren't exactly threatening. Coutinho's customary attempt at a worldie that is successfull 1/10 times and ShitCan tripping the ball along once. Other than that, meh.

If you were the second coming of christ like you guys seem to believe you would have blown us apart. Vintage Dortmund which was a proper pressing team would have picked us to pieces, you are just a pound shop version of them.
No team blows away their opposition every game. But if getting a single chance against Liverpool and parking the bus for a while is such a magnificent job then surely the standards have gone down quite a bit, only logical to see a team that actually tries most of the time be called "the second coming"

Borden

That's my main worry. Zlatan and (especially) Pogba look pretty ineffective imo.
Of course they do with two defensive wingers and two holding midfielders. They were isolated and outnumbered throughout the game because of Jose's tactics. It's really no surprise they look ineffective with this setup, anyone would.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
On a different day Zlatan kills it with his header and we are laughing. And yes, we have a GK that makes Neuer look like a fumbling baboon, but that is just the way the cookie crumbles.
You can't say "we've got a world class keeper so the saves are fair"

And also

"Just because our striker isn't scoring chances we should have won"

I wish wish wish we had a clinical striker!

The United

Please point out where I say he is a master tactician you absolute tool. I said he got his tactics right for this match away against the most in form team in the league.

Please give it a rest.
He got his tactic 'right' by shutting them down though they had better chances. But only if you are being there to play for absolute draw.

And United manager should be doing more than just to get 'right' with defensive tactics while playing 9 players behind the ball.

Point is why on earth some of you guys feel 'happy' or something even to praise for it?

SwansonsTache

No team blows away their opposition every game. But if getting a single chance against Liverpool and parking the bus for a while is such a magnificent job then surely the standards have gone down quite a bit, only logical to see a team that actually tries most of the time be called "the second coming"
We are in shit form, they are in great form. They played at home, we played away.

You must also take this game into context. A loss here would have been more than a loss, it would have been a detriment to the rest of our season and most likely the squads confidence. Getting a draw against a team in such red hot form that they beat a Chelsea and Arsenal away which both are better teams than them, then fine by me.

Now piss off all of you with your constant alerts, I am watching The Strain.

The United

You can't say "we've got a world class keeper so the saves are fair"

And also

"Just because our striker isn't scoring chances we should have won"

I wish wish wish we had a clinical striker!
LOL this.

Pretty ridiculous argument.

Zoo

Both sides created one good chance. We stopped them having a good day really, Klopp couldn't do much to affect the game.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Boring how negative people have to be over Mourinho. Get a decent result at Anfield and there's so much moaning here

Always the same few posters
Funny watching as a Chelsea fan. Mourinho did this very same thing dozens of times probably and you guys slaughtered him for it. "Look at Chelski and Mourinho playing this tumescent, shite football like a small team when they've spent all that money" was the common statement.

Now he's got the most expensively assembled squad in the history of the sport and you lot are praising him. Funny how things have changed. :lol:

Borden

Funny watching as a Chelsea fan. Mourinho did this very same thing dozens of times probably and you guys slaughtered him for it. "Look at Chelski and Mourinho playing this tumescent, shite football like a small team when they've spent all that money" was the common statement.

Now he's got the most expensively assembled squad in the history of the sport and you lot are praising him. Funny how things have changed. :lol:
Not all of us are.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

Orc were always gonna be biased towards our own. You spent a year pretending to be a United fan, you should know all about the weirdness of footy fans.

Utdstar01

You have to put them into a position where they have a chance to succeed. Being outnumbered and isolated doesn't help. So José had a lot to do with it, because he wasn't interested much in the attacking part of tonight's game. No surprise all four offensive players looked shit.
Wouldn't agree that he wasn't interested in the attacking third. Obviously opportunities will be limited because of how we set up but whenever we got into these areas the delivery wasn't good enough or our decision making was poor.

The manager shouldn't be blamed for players underperforming. It wasn't Mourinho's fault that Rashford ran the ball out of play on a couple of occasions or him failing to control that switch from Herrera when it went out for a throw-in...or the fact Pogba's touch was terrible all night.