Jose wants to return

the_cliff

Yes, after overspending on old players for the past two-three years. Not sure how that would make Mourinhos job thougher. Only two teams in Italy had higher player cost than Roma last year. They ended up 6th. Mourinho looking like their worst coach the past decade.
This post screams ignorance, you don't know what you're talking about. Overspending ? on old players ? Roma have a net income of over 100 mill on transfers in the last 2 summer transfer windows and a net income on transfers since the beginning of Mourinho's reign.

Name me one player he's overspent on and is an old player ? He's had to get by on loans and free transfers. The majority of Roma fans love him.

saivet

Since that video:
19/20 Europa League
20/21 UCL group stage exit
21/22 UCL Ro16 Atletico Madrid loss
22/23 Europa League
23/24 UCL group stage exit

Mourinho stated nothing but facts. I know it's a hard pill to swallow but we've been absolutely rubbish in the ucl for a looong time and the only way to change that is the squad, it isn't good enough. Some of the players Mourinho wanted out because they weren't good enough are still here and guess what ? They aren't good enough. You want a manager to tell you all things are dandy and we have the best squad in the world despite being shit ?
Yes, but this needs to be compared with Sevilla, who we had just lost to in the CL.

19/20 Europa League Champions
20/21 UCL Ro16 loss to Dortmund
21/22 UCL Group stage exit & lost to West Ham in the EL Ro16
22/23 UCL Group Stage exit & EL winners
23/24 UCL Group Stage exit

Jose was right that United aren't at the standard but neither are/were Sevilla (in the CL). The big difference between us and Sevilla is EL performance.

For me his rant was just a way to mask what were terrible performances and consequently poor results across the two legs. Sevilla haven't had historically impressive performances in the CL that could be used as a viable excuse. Maybe a team like Atletico you could but I think the Jose rant just screams of excuses.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
After pursuing him for years, finally buying him for £80 mill and then having no clue how to make use of him. Genius!
It seems like the rest of us he was blinded by potential rather than realising he wanted to be YouTube footballer and that’s after him coming through here too. Someone could have pulled Jose aside and said he’s not going to become a leader or a hard worker based what we know from his time here.

Also Ole with Sancho after 2 years
LVG with Di Maria
Moyes with Mata

and so on

the_cliff

No. You’ve nearly reeled me in but I’m not debating it. That joyless cnut coming back here is so ludicrous I can’t even put it into words.
Tbh I'm not too bothered about Mourinho. The most important thing to fix at our club for us to be successful again is the people who run our club. I'm just defending his stints at Roma and Spurs, in particular at Roma where he was dealt a bad hand.

As long as we don't change the structure of our club whichever manager that comes in will have a hard time.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
No. NO. NOOOOOOO. NOOOOOOOO.

He's the worst. He's a shell of husk of the good Jose, and is the most toxic man in football.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The fact people are also against this. :lol:
Actually you're right. Re-employing a manager who we had to sack because of how toxic he became, due to him being available because his latest club had to sack him due to how toxic he became, is a very good idea.

Definitely a much better idea than not doing this.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The guys just desperate to return and knows not many clubs will want him. He’s out of date. Stay clear

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I remember when we hired him the first time and my dad (Chelsea fan) warned me that after a year he would start just picking all of the tallest/biggest players even if it meant playing them out of position.

Which aside from all the other crap you get with Jose was quite funny because it sounded ridiculous, yet is exactly what he ended up doing.

Laurencio

Kinda like a trainwreck, you just can't take your eyes off.

But we're on that train, so no thanks.
A train wreck that wins trophies. His stint here ended horribly, but he was essentially right about everything he made a stink about. I wouldn't trust him to be involved with our massive rebuild though.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I say do it for the laughs. We’re awful anyway…..may as well have some hilariously toxic press conferences to console ourselves with

Laurencio

I say do it for the laughs. We’re awful anyway…..may as well have some hilariously toxic press conferences to console ourselves with
The rants he would unleash if he actually managed to win the Premier League :lol:

Lewnited

:lol: I'm good, thanks.

I do actually think he'd fit better with our current squad than the squad he had when he was here though. Season's fecked anyway so I'd take him as a caretaker for a few months while we assess.