Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Apparently given to Woody 2 months ago.

So what or who's on it?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's ins and outs from what I saw.

Jones going. Could tell by the way Woodward looked at him. Mark my words (don't).

Zii

No excuses. We have the cash, the UCL and the manager. Jose has given his list, get it done

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Think he'll look at 3/4 new players. Hopefully have a look at our youth system for more depth.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Only player I can say that I'm convinced will be on there is Griezmann. Keane, Dier, Silva, Fabinho and Oblak all have been talked about a fair bit in the media too, can't imagine we'll get them all and really do hope we stay well away from Dier. There are good DMs out there for a much more reasonable price, I bet.

ChaddyP

his list will consist of option A's B's and C's

what we should determine is what type of. players he's looking to sign.

I'm thinking

a) #10 / wide attacking player with a serious goal threat
b) Holding CM
c) b2b CM squad player
d) young CB

Zlatan will probably extend his contract so no need to sign a striker just yet. Also think Pereira will play more games for us next season

a) greizmann /James / Silva
b) Fabinho? /dier
c) Barkley /Bakayoko
d) Keane / Marquinos

so when everyone is back and fit the squad may look like this

Attackers

Ibrahimovic
Greizmann
Rashford
Martial
Mkhitaryan
Mata
Lingard

Midfield

Pogba
Herrera
Bakayoko
Carrick
Dier

Pereira

Center Backs

Rojo
Bailly
Jones
Keane

Tuanzabe

Fullbacks

Valencia
Darmian
Shaw
Blind
Young

GK

De Gea
Romero
Pereira

14 foreigners
8 home grown
3 twenty one and under

leaves us with a nice balanced squad of 25 first team players.

I think we will sell

Januzaj
Varela
Fellaini (only because I heard he's off to Turkey)
Rooney
Smalling (though it could be either him or Jones)
Johnstone

loan out

Borthwick-Jackson
Fuso-Mensah
Wilson
Joe Riley

That would be my wish list of sorts

Xeno

Two months ago was the 'Mourinho in love with Mbappe' story.

Mbappe 80m
Greizmann 85m
Fabinho 50m
Keita 40m

Minimalist

Hopefully a fecking midfielder to give Pogba/Herrera some chance of a breather.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Griezmann, Hamez & Dier are very likely - those stories have really drawn attention in recent weeks haven't they?

Matic/Willian maybe.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Imho he'll opt for 3-4 established players like last season (1 big name star player, 1 solid player, 1-2 rough diamonds like bailly or some solid but no marquee type of player)

He's have 8 of his own man by next season with the old guards acting as filler and rotation for the increasing number of games.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Last summer didnt he say he had given Woodward profiles of players he wanted, rather than names? I wonder whether it was the same this time around, or whether he specified the names.
I think he named names. Woodward isn't a football guy he wont know who to buy just by profiles.

But perhaps jose gives him a few alternatives so Woodward knows his card and can negotiate accordingly

Adebesi

I think he named names. Woodward isn't a football guy he wont know who to buy just by profiles.

But perhaps jose gives him a few alternatives so Woodward knows his card and can negotiate accordingly
Yeah it seems likely doesnt it. Though of course there are other people involved other than Mourinho and Woodward. Woodward wouldnt have to work out which names fit which profiles, there are scouts who can help with that. I imagine its a bit of a collaboration with quite a few people to be honest, Mourinho gives the profiles of the players he wants and examples of people who fit and who he likes, the scouts would have some input with other examples that fit the profiles, and then Woodward chooses the ones that cost the most to satisfy his muppet urges.

Giggsy92

Griezmann, a young attacker, an established midfielder and an established left-back. Maybe another midfielder too.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Yep. From memory Jose said that he gave three names for each position last season, but that Woodward went out and got his first choice in each position.

I expect the same this time. Jose will have told Ed exactly how many players he wants and what positions. Then he'll have given him a first choice, second choice and third choice for each of them.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pretty confident on Griezmann and Keane coming in. Hopefully we sign a quality winger as I think we need one more then anything else. A midfielder as well after those. Then if we make a 5th signing, possibly another striker to lead the line and Griezmann to play off of him.

Outgoings:
Smalling/Jones (1 of them), Shaw, Young?, Ibra, Rooney

GM K

Top on the list: anyone managed by Jorge Mendes who looks available.

MV12

I'd be disappointed if we didn't get a good winger in. All else is secondary.
I think a top winger is essential too.. was thinking last night during the match that with a good winger we'd have had an even better result/performance as the middle of the pitch was always so congested.. It's been something that we've lacked a lot this season in my opinion..

Chip

Griezmann, Belotti, Willian, Lindelöf, Matuidi, Neymar, Bale, Ederson, Morata, Dier, Kane, James, Keane, Mbappé, Silva, Fabinho, Schmeichel, Lukaku, Barkley, Nainggolang, Marquinhos, Dembele, Mertens, and Oblak. According to the media. Did I forget anyone?