Juan Cuadrado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I would be happy to give you 30 million for Cech, only if de Gea is leaving for Real this summer for 40+ million.
£30m for Cech? A 33-year old goalkeeper who is only second choice for his club?

He is worth £10m maximum.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
:lol:

Why not 30m for Salah? 15 seems too low for such a talent... :wenger:

If you guys manage to sell feckin Salah on a profit.....
Salah isnt that great, but we somehow seem to sell average or good players for huge fees. Wouldnt be at all surprised if we got over 15 mil for him eventually given we got 28 for Lukaku, 50 for Luiz and 39 for Mata.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
This guy will either terrorize the backs in the Premier League or he will become one of those technicians that can not make an impact in the PL. Looking at his compilation videos, this guy has some breathtaking displays. 11 goals last season (Hazard had 3 more). His defensive contribution is a bit suspicious and thats one of the main things Jose puts much value in. A typical South American style of play with an excellent acceleration and technique. Can he cross tho ?

RedStarUnited

I dont think that was the case. He was willing to go to Barca or us over the summer but no one was serious to buy him.
He is not having a great season and his value plummeted to £26M, for that price, he is worth a gamble and Chelsea went for it.
I think for he price we should have been in for him, but something tells me Woodie/LVG have serious summer targets and they didnt want to rock the boat.
Fiorentina wanted silly money in the summer, if they set the price to around 40m euros Barca would have probably gone for him for sure.

He is the anti Valencia in every sense, and will be absolutely lethal on the counter. I really hope he fails...

GeneralGattuso

I questioned why we wanted him in the summer and I still don't see why big teams would be interested in him. He's Valencia (on top form) with a few tricks. He'll be run and dribble, he'll chip in with the odd goal and he'll get in plenty of crosses but he's not going to be a special, game winning player. Solid but unspectacular and that seems like a fair(ish) price for that sort of player.

GeneralGattuso

The one where he's not compared to Valencia. Just have to look at his scoring record to see that
The year Valencia broke his leg. He was scoring goals and running past players. That was/is Valencia in top form.

Ekeke

The year Valencia broke his leg. He was scoring goals and running past players. That was/is Valencia in top form.
The year he broke his leg he got a couple of goals, not double figures. 5 league goals is Valencia's most, Cuadrado more than doubled that last season

GeneralGattuso

The year he broke his leg he got a couple of goals, not double figures. 5 league goals is Valencia's most, Cuadrado more than doubled that last season
Cuadrado has only gotten double figures once. He usually scores 5-6 and in Serie A... hardly prolific.

Ekeke

Cuadrado has only gotten double figures once. He usually scores 5-6 and in Serie A... hardly prolific.
Chelsea are buying him for what he did last/this season and the world cup

He has 4 league goals this season, 1 less than Valencia's best in an entire season

Gopher Brown

Valencia won our player of the year award the season after his ankle break.

It's incorrect to say he was better before his injury, but it is a falsehood oft repeated on here.

GeneralGattuso

He has 4 league goals this season, 1 less than Valencia's best in an entire season

Valencia's best is 7 - unless you are talking about league goals only? Either way, he's not exactly an awesome goal scoring winger. He's a dribbler / old fashioned winger, not a goal scorer. Like I said, he'll chip in with goals but he's not a game winner. Solid but unspectacular. I'm not buying the hype, I didn't think he was what we needed in the summer and I don't think he'll be that great for Chelsea. He won't be a flop but the step in competition both in terms of squad (playing time) and the level of the Premier League I don't expect him to be making great waves.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I questioned why we wanted him in the summer and I still don't see why big teams would be interested in him. He's Valencia (on top form) with a few tricks. He'll be run and dribble, he'll chip in with the odd goal and he'll get in plenty of crosses but he's not going to be a special, game winning player. Solid but unspectacular and that seems like a fair(ish) price for that sort of player.
Yeah I think that too. I would say that he will be a dissapointment in the EPL, he got nice numbers for Fiora last season but come on, it's Serie A. Not sure if he's an improvement on William. Strikes me as one trick pony (with very good work rate though).

Ekeke

Valencia's best is 7 - unless you are talking about league goals only? Either way, he's not exactly an awesome goal scoring winger. He's a dribbler / old fashioned winger, not a goal scorer. Like I said, he'll chip in with goals but he's not a game winner. Solid but unspectacular. I'm not buying the hype, I didn't think he was what we needed in the summer and I don't think he'll be that great for Chelsea. He won't be a flop but the step in competition both in terms of squad (playing time) and the level of the Premier League I don't expect him to be making great waves.
What?

He's clearly a goalscorer. He had a brilliant 2nd half of last season where he scored most of his goals and he might do the same again this season - with 4 league goals he's joint 2nd highest goalscorer at Fiorentina. Even if he only got another 4 to double his total he'd still match Schurrle who is clearly a goalscorer.

Yeah I think that too. I would say that he will be a dissapointment in the EPL, he got nice numbers for Fiora last season but come on, it's Serie A. Not sure if he's an improvement on William. Strikes me as one trick pony (with very good work rate though).
Yes its Serie A where players dont score as many goals

GeneralGattuso

Valencia won our player of the year award the season after his ankle break.

It's incorrect to say he was better before his injury, but it is a falsehood oft repeated on here.
Jesus, I meant the 2011-2012 season where he scored 4 league goals and 6 in all comps. And his best season so far was his first season (in terms of pure goal scoring) since he scored 5 league goals that year and 7 in all. I couldn't be bothered to look up the stats because the point I was making is that Cuadrado isn't that much better if you compare him at Valencia when he was at his best. He obviously has way more ability when it comes to going past players and if you compare him to Valencia now he's loads better since Valencia can't seem to get past anyone these days.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
We already have 3-4 "special, game winning players." We don't need Cuadrado to be a superstar who nets 20 goals and gets 15 assists. We need someone who's very direct and aggressive, has pace, can beat defenders, and generally provide a genuine attacking threat which Willian doesn't do and Schürrle hadn't done in ages.

Sides struggle mightily already with one ridiculously good winger in Hazard who's regularly marked by 2-3 defenders. Now they'll have one on the other wing to deal with as well.

GeneralGattuso

What?

He's clearly a goalscorer. He had a brilliant 2nd half of last season where he scored most of his goals and he might do the same again this season - with 4 league goals he's joint 2nd highest goalscorer at Fiorentina. Even if he only got another 4 to double his total he'd still match Schurrle who is clearly a goalscorer.

Yes its Serie A where players dont score as many goals
Based on the form of 1 season, in a weak league? Score less in Serie A? Sure, but it's still a weak league. A top quality player is going to be scoring lots of goals and playing a particular style that suggests goals in his game no matter what league he is in. A goal scoring winger, one who makes diagonal runs, cuts inside and curls in shots from the edge of the box he isn't... that's not his style of play. It might be that Mourinho turns him into that (I doubt it, since Mourinho has probably gone for him due to his ability to contribute to multiple phases of play) but based on what I have seen of him I see younger Antonio Valencia with a few extra tricks. Solid but unspectacular. Schurrle is a goalscorer and that is his style of play but it doesn't fit in with Mourinho's tactics. Not good enough defensively, like Mata. Good player and if you ask me, a better one than Cuadrado but that only matters if you can actually get a game.

We already have 3-4 "special, game winning players." We don't need Cuadrado to be a superstar who nets 20 goals and gets 15 assists. We need someone who's very direct and aggressive, has pace, can beat defenders, and generally provide a genuine attacking threat which Willian doesn't do and Schürrle hadn't done in ages.

Sides struggle mightily already with one ridiculously good winger in Hazard who's regularly marked by 2-3 defenders. Now they'll have one on the other wing to deal with as well.
We had that in Valencia but all it did was make our game extremely one sided... all our play came down the right. If Cuadrado came to us, who would you drop? We need the glue in midfield, Herrera with a bit more steel or someone to take those duties from him. That gives those 3-4 special players a chance to actually influence the game, by getting the ball to them rather than knocking the ball out to a winger to cross. Lots of ways we could improve but a direct right winger isn't really what is needed imo.

Last edited:

Borys

Statistics Wizard

I wonder how will he do in Mourinho side, where a lot of tactical awareness will be demanded from him. Seems to be enjoying this free role in counter attacking system a lot.

To be honest, number of times he beats players with this simple trick to go right is ridiculous. I wonder how often that works in %, because Zaha looks good on vids too.

Agree with that, I think he will be doing good job in general but he’s not that good as some people make him in here. Glad we didn’t go for him, let’s see if he will prove me wrong :smirk: Mind you we don't have Hazard on the other wing!

Deleted member 78215

We've got a player better than/at least as good as Cuadrado out on bloody loan. Frustrating.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
The movement, pace and dribbling from Hazard and Cuadrado will drive teams insane... Especially with Fabregas playing them in.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
We've got a player better than/at least as good as Cuadrado out on bloody loan. Frustrating.
Whilst you do have an apt username going by some of your other posts - I have to agree that Nani can be a weapon, and I really don't understand why he wasn't persisted with.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

:lol:

So you've finally come clean after all this time?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Whilst you do have an apt username going by some of your other posts - I have to agree that Nani can be a weapon, and I really don't understand why he wasn't persisted with.
I honestly think he'll be back. He made the decision himself to leave, and not by transferring, with a view of coming back in better shape, physically and mentally, and it seems to be working. That is, his form is back. He just needs to feel at ease next summer as well and he'll do well again. That is if his position is being used at all.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I honestly think he'll be back. He made the decision himself to leave, and not by transferring, with a view of coming back in better shape, physically and mentally, and it seems to be working. That is, his form is back. He just needs to feel at ease next summer as well and he'll do well again. That is if his position is being used at all.
Encouraging for United's sake to hear that he moved on his own volition to re-set himself it seems. I figured his mentality/work-ethic was probably his problem as he definitely has the talent to be one of the best wingers in the PL as he has proven in periods before.

In my opinion having him on one wing will sort out essentially a huge issue in United's current squad that's available to LVG.

Deleted member 78215

Eh? One: my username has nothing to do with 'bias'! Two: even if it were, how am I biased? I'd say I've got a fairly straight view of United's situation. Never considered us title contenders; maintained we've got a pretty average defence (not title-winning/CL quality); think our midfield isn't as good as it should be; readily admit LVG's flaws and mistakes; think one of Falcao or RVP should be gone at the end of the season; believe we lack creativity and pace; think ADM was overpriced.

My only bias is thinking United are good enough for a top four place, which we definitely are. Oh, and that we've got a better squad than Liverpool. Which we have.

If you think I'm biased, shit.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora

As far as I know, Cuadrado was playing out of position this season.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Eh? One: my username has nothing to do with 'bias'! Two: even if it were, how am I biased? I'd say I've got a fairly straight view of United's situation. Never considered us title contenders; maintained we've got a pretty average defence (not title-winning/CL quality); think our midfield isn't as good as it should be; readily admit LVG's flaws and mistakes; think one of Falcao or RVP should be gone at the end of the season; believe we lack creativity and pace; think ADM was overpriced.

My only bias is thinking United are good enough for a top four place, which we definitely are. Oh, and that we've got a better squad than Liverpool. Which we have.

If you think I'm biased, shit.
Relax mate, I must be thinking of the wrong poster or had mixed you up with someone else... For some reason I thought that though, so for that I apologise.

I wasn't having a go at you either though considering I think you're right there regarding Nani.

Deleted member 78215

Relax mate, I must be thinking of the wrong poster or had mixed you up with someone else... For some reason I thought that though, so for that I apologise.

I wasn't having a go at you either though considering I think you're right there regarding Nani.
No worries. Just didn't want to be thought of as biased 'cause bias kinda defeats the purpose of debate, being entrenched in views and all that...

Anyway, yeah, Nani. I've watched a fair bit of Cuadrado and I see that same mercurial nature as Nani, but it's kind of part and parcel with any 'tricky' winger, in my opinion, and Nani was somewhat unfairly judged by his inconsistency. Shame really, especially when you see what he's doing for Sporting in the league and CL. Combine that with our current dearth of fast, skilful forwards and it's a little jarring.

And, of course, we're paying his wages for him not to play for us. Ah, ffs.

Cantona'sCollar

He was really the one forward player I wanted us to sign this past year. Since Pekerman took over the Selección, he has starred for the national side consistently. He's also been brilliant for Fiorentina as a wing-back and winger. He's such a Manchester United winger - work rate, blistering pace, lots of fight & dazzling skills. Obviously nowhere near as good (nor does he even play the game in a similar style), but the way he runs with the ball reminds me of a very young Ronaldinho. He's quite gangly.

:( Wingers.

Edit: Anyone who thinks he is lazy & will lose his place to Willian because of a lack of work-rate or defensive nous has clearly never watched him play outside of the WC. The guy is actually better than Willian at defending & has only looked more of a defensive liability when playing as a forward because he hasn't been managed by someone like Mourinho. He's afforded freedom up-front because he is so important to the attack, no other reason. If Willian keeps him out of the team, it will simply be because Willian is performing better than him. Anyway, who is to say they will compete directly?

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I find it amazing the degree of accuracy that my Football Manager save seems to predict these transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.