Juan Mata officially leaves Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1tch

The sort of professional/character/personality that you'd want all your squad to be like.

Hope to see him find a good club with plenty of playing time for him.

Eleven-Eighteen

I was really excited when we signed him.. He had a couple of great seasons for Chelsea from what I remember...
Loved watching him play..

Its a shame we never had a system that got the best out of him.. we never really got to see him at his very best for any run of games..

Barely played in recent months so wont really be missed on the pitch, but I'll miss him..

The fact that he appears to be a truly wonderful person on top of being a footballer I really enjoyed watching makes it suck even more.

Best wishes..
Hugs
You must be young :D

He was Player of the Year right before he came to us. That helicopter arrival to Carrington in January had United fans jizzing in their pants

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
To be fair, although he’s another signing who wasn’t as good as we hoped, he was still pretty good. Classy as feck. Will be missed.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Juan Mata is all heart, grace and class. A better human could not have been part of the clubs history.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Classy - no doubt.

(Everything is liable to be misinterpreted on here at the moment - so to clarify: I mean that. That was a classy goodbye. I would also add that I never doubted Mata's sincerity - he always came across as someone who actually cared about the club and its fans. I hope he gets to see us back on top before too long.)

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Nice one Juan. Glad you enjoyed it. You seem like a great guy. Wasn’t a good signing for us though.

TheReligion

Abusive
Lovely. This guy gets it. The club, the culture, the city, the history. No doubt he’ll be back with us at some point. Classy.

Some of the Caf should try it sometime instead of constantly trying to shit on things.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Such a likeable, classy player. Fair to say he never hit the same heights for us as he did for Chelsea, but a bad signing? No way.

RedDevilQuebecois

Such a likeable, classy player. Fair to say he never hit the same heights for us as he did for Chelsea, but a bad signing? No way.
To me, he is still a great signing for everything he brought to the team and to the city as a person. Model professional, the kind of which is becoming rarer and rarer nowadays.

izec

He's overdoing it IMO. I would get it if it was a homegrown lad (like Lingard) or a player like Evra who gave everything and won loads but for Mata it's too much.

He had more meaningful moments in his 2 years at Chelsea than his 8 years here. I'm not sure what all these memories of Mata are apart from a couple.
He stayed here for 8 years and connected to the club and city. The difference between him and the guys you listed is that he is an intelligent, grounded, classy and emotional man, and that he wanted to express it in his video. I believe it meant a lot to him. I also think he will be back in the future in whatever capacity if he stays in football after his career.

Brophs

The One and Only
Videos like that aren’t my cup of tea at all but good luck to him if he fancies doing it. He seems a sincere guy.

I don’t think either side got the best from each other in his time here but he’s a good bloke and he strikes me as someone who probably saw through a lot of the nonsense that was going on.

Zoo

Hopefully back soon in another role. Got a feeling he’ll do well.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Nice touch from Bruno, Mata you'll always be in our hearts!!

We signed a fantastic player and never signed the right manager to use him, the only season were he truly showed his class was under LVG, simple as that and that's all down to LVG playing to Mata's strengths.

Cafer007

It was pure bad luck that he joined us when things were about to start going down for us, He was one of the top players in the league just before he joined us and we never played to his strengths.
Its sad that such a good player had to go through lot of negativity and limited success when he was with us but it was not his fault and I cant blame him for anything as he conducted himself so well in the this turbalant post SAF era.

Even though he could have enjoyed more success at a different club, he stuck with us and thanks a lot for that. We wish nothing but great success and happy life. Hope to see you soon in some capacity at our club in near future. You are always loved here and you will be.

Reactions: SilentWitness

GlasgowCeltic

Think eventually I’ll just remember his career as - played for Valencia, won the World Cup, played for Chelsea, retired.

Wilt

Class, intelligent, respectful, professional.

Wish him the best for the future.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Has anyone heard or seen anything regarding his next destination? There must be a lot of clubs willing to take him.
Nothing yet. Actually think Brentford would be a good move for him, if he's thinking of staying in the EPL.

norm87cro

Could you imagine him under Fergie? As far as professionalism goes he falls into the Park/Irwin category. On about his business even if he didnt have a good game.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Could you imagine him under Fergie? As far as professionalism goes he falls into the Park/Irwin category. On about his business even if he didnt have a good game.
I can’t imagine Fergie signing him. He certainly wouldn’t have been at the club for so long if he had. A very disappointing record signing.

RedStarUnited

The sort of professional/character/personality that you'd want all your squad to be like.

Hope to see him find a good club with plenty of playing time for him.
Yes the type of character that signs extensions knowing full well he wont play but lines his pockets anyway. And we wonder why the likes of Lingard stuck around.

Seriously the love this guy gets you would think he was intergral to anything we did in any season he played for us.

All because he was a nice guy.

Westerkerk

Forgot how many great free kicks he scored for us.

Classy player. Classy human being. Spotted him once in a Manchester tapas restaurant having a meal with 4-5 other people and two kids across the room were turning round looking at him - their parents were hushing them and telling them not to be rude - and he called them all over for a chat and a photo. I ended up getting a napkin signed by him and a nice photo with my mrs and baby. I consider him a player I will always remember for my experiences of him on and off the pitch.

Sometimes its ok for us to thank an outgoing player without bookending those thank yous with 'if only...', 'yeah but...' and 'shame that...'

We always ask whether players 'get this club' without really understanding ourselves what 'getting it' really means. But whatever it is, he gets it.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Tbh he was never used as he should have been in my opinion
I don’t disagree to be honest, but he was played mainly in attacking positions albeit in an underwhelming team. He was so underwhelming himself though that the general regard towards him is strange. He’s a nice guy….not sure what that has to do with anything. Better players than him get slated for better performances than he delivered.

Gums

Yes the type of character that signs extensions knowing full well he wont play but lines his pockets anyway. And we wonder why the likes of Lingard stuck around.

Seriously the love this guy gets you would think he was intergral to anything we did in any season he played for us.

All because he was a nice guy.
I‘d choose a nice guy in our squad over a whiny, negative poster any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.