Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That pisses me off. Dortmund cannot and should not be ahead of English clubs for English talents.
I think they are buying these English talents because they know they can sell them with crazy prize later on to English clubs.

VictoriaRed

Sorry if I'm a bit naive when I say this, but how many talents from the Bundesliga have translated well into, my mind, the best league in the world? I'm okay if you prove me wrong, but I am struggling to know of a player that has come from Germany and done incredibly well, De Bryne aside, who was at Chelsea, who should have of never left. Please don't mention Michael Ballack. He was decent, but not a world beater, in this perspective, anyway.

AFC NimbleThumb

Where are the ITKs that played down not signing him in January because it’ll happen in the summer?

This is the second prestigious talent to choose Dortmund over us in the last few months but we have Bruno to distract us now so it’s ok. . .

JohnnyLaw

Wasn’t the reason that he was worried about being dropped into u23 level with us?

Whatever Dortmunds reputation is, the reality is that by next season Bellingham will have to break into a midfield of Witsel, Can, Brandt, Dahoud, Reus, Delaney and maybe Reyna aswell.
Even if Dortmund make no other midfield signings in the summer that’s not a midfield should be expecting to just waltz into.

Dr. StrangeHate

So we have lost Sancho, Haaland, and Bellingham to them in recent years while they gave us flops like Kagawa and Mikhi. They also gave Liverpool Klopp. Thankfully Bayern will put them in their place when the next round of Dortmund renewals come up.

There is my meltdown.

DarkRed

You win some, you lose some.

For Hannibal Mejbri we beat off some big clubs to secure his signing and lost out on Bellingham if reports from Germany prove to be correct. The Bellingham money will possibly be put aside for another big talent I'd imagine so watch this space...
Maybe this is part of the problem, surly we will not be playing two 17/18 year olds in central midfield at the same time, looks like to much competition maybe, but man, those two playing together at central midfield is a Champions League wining combination...

Irrational.

Dortmund can feck off, thinking they're some kind of hotbed of talent when in fact they have always been, and always will be a selling club. ***** who seem to enjoy watching their players being taken for free by Bayern and no other club.

(Maybe my envy is shining through)

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Think it speaks volumes about a lack of confidence in the player to develop in a competitive environment. I can completely understand reservations to join City as they are bombarded with world class individuals but us and Arsenal ? We have both shown the propensity to prioritize youth development, Chelsea under Lampard have also given youth plenty chances.

Unless there's a dictator like Mourinho in charge, a youth player who is good enough will in most cases recieve adequate game time. I do understand the other side however and Bundesliga is without a doubt an excellent league to develop in.
The issue here is we will pull players who are not performing or having dips in form because our objectives do not allow coddling.

We're blooding more players than usual at the moment because we have to, but is Bellingham going to get enough game time with, for example: Partey, Pogba and Fernandes ahead of him with Fred and McTominay sitting on the bench? The answer is that a parent has every reason to be concerned.

Dortmund have the winning formula and have now carved out a niche nobody else can compete with. Clever and makes them a fortune via selling on.

AFC NimbleThumb

Bring back slavery says @AFC NimbleThumb.
Yes, as a black man I am pro slavery :houllier:

Idiot. Slavery has never & should never be a joke.

Don’t understand how you got there but it’s RaceCaf so I guess I should have expected it.

Multiple Caf ITKs were saying Bellingham would happen in the summer. TICK

Two very talented youngsters appear to be choosing Dortmund over United. TICK

TheReligion somehow draws a connection to slavery from those comments. TICK

Jog.On.

Champagne Football

With the signing of Bruno, it doesn't make any sense for Bellingham to come here. They are both no.8's. .......With the form of Bruno, it looks like we will not need another no.8 for a good few years yet, and that will have played a part in Bellinghams choice

Judas

Open to offers
Gutted, he'll turn into a beast there though. Amazing how some were saying he wouldn't want to leave the comfort of his midlands nest, and now he's off to Germany :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That pisses me off. Dortmund cannot and should not be ahead of English clubs for English talents.
English clubs dont give them enough game time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ruhr Nachrichten (Tier 1 Dortmund): Jude Bellingham will join Borussia Dortmund this summer. BVB does not have to pay a high transfer fee, but only a training compensation.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not really bothered, he wouldn't have played much anyway.

Anduin

Wasn’t the reason that he was worried about being dropped into u23 level with us?

Whatever Dortmunds reputation is, the reality is that by next season Bellingham will have to break into a midfield of Witsel, Can, Brandt, Dahoud, Reus, Delaney and maybe Reyna aswell.
Even if Dortmund make no other midfield signings in the summer that’s not a midfield should be expecting to just waltz into.
Dortmund need more depth to compete on all fronts. On Witsel and Delaney you have a point, but Brandt can either operate in a midfield two within the current 3-4-3 setup or take one of the positions upfront.. same goes with Can who can play in a midfield 2, 3 or take up the position right next to Hummels as Pisczek is becoming a squad player. Reus is injured half the time, Dahoud is garbage. And Reyna? He is a kid and will provide squad competition. With Dortmund playing around 50 games a season, I can see him getting plenty of games in various setups. In short, I totally see why he is going there, it makes sense.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
You can't blame his dad for having concerns as to whether he'll break into the 1st team or even the physical nature of the PL. Germany seems like a good place to learn more though I keep wondering about Dortmund and if it's the only place to go.

Good luck to him. He may turn out to be excellent or another Sebastian Haller...who knows.

I think we have a lot of talent coming through anyway so personally It's not a worry for me.

Bwuk

Good move for him, Dortmund will develop him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
30m is a huge price and risk for a 16 year old kid moving to another country.

Hope he does well so we can buy him for 200m in 3 years.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
For all the talk about loving Birmingham City etc for them to cut them out of possibly their biggest transfer fee ever is a little cnutish.

I know Dortmund play their youngsters, but they're all bought as wonderkids, Dembele, Sancho and Haland were all pretty much sure things, and there is no doubt they have developed as they did at any other clubs.

Meanwhile their transfers out have a habit of bombing at every other club (Lewandowski and Hummels are the exception).

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
For all the talk about loving Birmingham City etc for them to cut them out of possibly their biggest transfer fee ever is a little cnutish.

I know Dortmund play their youngsters, but they're all bought as wonderkids, Dembele, Sancho and Haland were all pretty much sure things, and there is no doubt they have developed as they did at any other clubs.

Meanwhile their transfers out have a habit of bombing at every other club (Lewandowski and Hummels are the exception).
Not convinced Dembele has done a lot either

Adam-Utd

Bild are saying it's a record £35m euros, I find that more believable.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Why so desperate to play high level first team football at 16? It's clearly not a good long term decision when the majority of players who start early are practically finished by the time they are thirty.
How a young English player can look at our current squad and our long standing record with youth and decide that it wouldn't be good for his development is beyond me.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Not convinced Dembele has done a lot either
Exactly, I think out of the players moving outside Germany, Gundogan has perhaps done the best, that's should say a lot!

@Adam-Utd I dont think they'd legally have to as he's only 16? Not sure obviously, guess we'll see in the summer.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund need more depth to compete on all fronts. On Witsel and Delaney you have a point, but Brandt can either operate in a midfield two within the current 3-4-3 setup or take one of the positions upfront.. same goes with Can who can play in a midfield 2, 3 or take up the position right next to Hummels as Pisczek is becoming a squad player. Reus is injured half the time, Dahoud is garbage. And Reyna? He is a kid and will provide squad competition. With Dortmund playing around 50 games a season, I can see him getting plenty of games in various setups. In short, I totally see why he is going there, it makes sense.
It's somewhat pointless to think of these things right now when we don't know on what position they would see Bellingham (don't really know much about him, but he seems to have played on the wings lately), how quickly they and he himself would expect him to progress to and within the first team and perhaps most importantly what system next season's coach will prefer.

cyberman

Yep. They get a lot of credit for natural development but when it comes to tactical etc they bomb too many times at other clubs for the credit they receive

Adam-Utd

Exactly, I think out of the players moving outside Germany, Gundogan has perhaps done the best, that's should say a lot!

@Adam-Utd I dont think they'd legally have to as he's only 16? Not sure obviously, guess we'll see in the summer.
Think that's only for English clubs but we shall see. I'd imagine even in a tribunal they'd get a lot of money (but probably not enough)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yep. They get a lot of credit for natural development but when it comes to tactical etc they bomb too many times at other clubs for the credit they receive
I mean all of these players you are referring to have been coached by Klopp and Tuchel. Don't you think those two know their tactics? When they "bomb" for coaches like Moyes or Mourinho the tactical shortcomings might be on the other end.

cyberman

I mean all of these players you are referring to have been coached by Klopp and Tuchel. Don't you think those two know their tactics? When they "bomb" for coaches like Moyes or Mourinho the tactical shortcomings might be on the other end.
I think your club has a way of playing that doesnt translate well to clubs outside of Germany. Germany is very much end to end with a lot of space for the attackers
Klopp is also very unique, Henderson will never play for another CL winning side yet he has, impressively so, for Liverpool.
Does this mean Henderson has been developed further as a player or has Klopp rinsed everything he can from the player that nobody else can do?
We cant pretend youre great at developing players when they fall to pieces outside of your bubble.
Has Jose or Moyes even been in charge of players bought from Dortmund? Whats the relevence of that point?
If you were great at developing players you would have a lot more of your own. It seems youre taking a lot of credit for other clubs work.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Why so desperate to play high level first team football at 16? It's clearly not a good long term decision when the majority of players who start early are practically finished by the time they are thirty.
How a young English player can look at our current squad and our long standing record with youth and decide that it wouldn't be good for his development is beyond me.
Play at 16 to 30 or wait till your 20 and retire at 34 what's the difference... If your good enough your old enough

Bellingham will be 17 by the start of next season... And if he's as talented as people say why should he hang around in the championship for a few years

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think your club has a way of playing that doesnt translate well to clubs outside of Germany. Germany is very much end to end with a lot of space for the attackers
Klopp is also very unique, Henderson will never play for another CL winning side yet he has, impressively so, for Liverpool.
Does this mean Henderson has been developed further as a player or has Klopp rinsed everything he can from the player that nobody else can do?
We cant pretend youre great at developing players when they fall to pieces outside of your bubble.
Has Jose or Moyes even been in charge of players bought from Dortmund? Whats the relevence of that point?
If you were great at developing players you would have a lot more of your own. It seems youre taking a lot of credit for other clubs work.
I mean what players are you really talking about who "prove" that development "doesn't translate well to clubs outside of Germany" and players "fall to pieces outside of your bubble"?
Kagawa, Mkhitaryan and Dembele. Kagawa was taken from the #10 of a highly functional team and eventually ended up as a winger in Moyes dysfunctional mess. What a shocking surprise he didn't make it.
Mkhitaryan was never a stable player for Dortmund, they probably would have cut their losses on him had Klopp stayed on, then came one good season under Tuchel, it was publicly documented how he had to build up Mkhitaryan's fragile confidence, how much of a special role he had in his system and even then he didn't do a lot in big games. Then that players moves from a highly functional attacking system to Mourinho with his negative football and tough love. What a shocking surprise he didn't make it.
Dembele actually ropughly kept his output per minute at Barca, but between jetting off to Morocco to party, eating burgers, missing training because of late night gaming sessions and closing in on a dozen thigh and muscle injuries he doesn't look that hot anymore.
I really don't understand how anyone can look at those cases and say: well guess it must have been their previous club's fault they didn't turn out to be great signings. And what's actually funny to me is that nothing of this translates to the Sancho thread. I don't see you rushing in there proclaiming it madness to spend 100mil and above.

So has he signed for Dortmund or is this just rumours at this point? Surely he's not going to accept the first offer that comes in.
A very credible source from Germany has reported that a deal has been agreed. Technically it's still a rumor, but imho one that can be taken seriously.

izec

No surprise. They are the best in scouting obvious top talents and some unknown talents as well and convincing them with play time.

Seems they are looking in England for talents that run out of contract. Wouldn't be surprised if they were after Gomes on a free as well or maybe Foden if he doesnt play a lot soon

Status
Not open for further replies.