Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

Trex

Who was that guy for France when he won it?
France played counter attacking football when they won it. Kante work ethic, Pogba passing range plus the pace of Mbappe and Griezmann. There are many ways to win a football match.
Watching England in the euros final I don't think it was a lack of quality that restricted them. They were just overly safe, a back 5 and then rice and Philips sat too deep. It was just too negative.

KeanoMagicHat

France played counter attacking football when they won it. Kante work ethic, Pogba passing range plus the pace of Mbappe and Griezmann. There are many ways to win a football match.
Watching England in the euros final I don't think it was a lack of quality that restricted them. They were just overly safe, a back 5 and then rice and Philips sat too deep. It was just too negative.
Yep, England should have won the Euros final but inherent negativity got in their way. They were better than Italy but stopped playing, trying to hold out for 70 minutes. Crazy tactics, Southgate really fecked it.

In the World Cup, they were arguably the better team against France but Kane skied the penalty at a key moment in the game.

It’s their mentality and getting in their own way that has cost them. They should win a tournament in the next 6-7 years but can’t underestimate their collective ability to shit themselves in the big moment.

Trex

Yep, England should have won the Euros final but inherent negativity got in their way. They were better than Italy but stopped playing, trying to hold out for 70 minutes. Crazy tactics, Southgate really fecked it.

In the World Cup, they were arguably the better team against France but Kane skied the penalty at a key moment in the game.

It’s their mentality and getting in their own way that has cost them. They should win a tournament in the next 6-7 years but can’t underestimate their collective ability to shit themselves in the big moment.
As a neutral I was on England side during the euros final (due to united players) but I got pissed as the game went on. It was just Chiesa who looked a threat for Italy while England had a good number of top quality forwards.
They have quality and there's nothing stopping them other than their mindset from winning trophies.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Alright let's not get ahead of ourselves :lol:
Let's calm down.
Calm down ffs :lol:
:lol:

I think I formulated it a bit stupid. I meant it more in the sense that Di Stefano was pretty unique as a player who scored lots of goals but was still found all over the pitch. Bellingham is such an all action jack of all traits sort of 10 as well right now. Don't think this type of player comes around often.

Didn't mean that he'll become a similar club icon

Hammondo

I don't see how we were better.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yep, England needs a regista badly.
When was the last time they produced one? Late-career Scholes, perhaps?
But wasn't he retired for England at that stage anyway...What a shame.
I would be genuinely interested how Foden would get on as an 8....endless options with likes of Rashford and Grealish for left midfield so he's going to struggle to play much in that position.

Southgate just dosen't have the foresight to attempt something like that though.

Rice with Bellingham and Foden alternating should be a good enough central midfield to win a tournament with Stones also stepping in aswell.

flappyjay

I would be genuinely interested how Foden would get on as an 8....endless options with likes of Rashford and Grealish for left midfield so he's going to struggle to play much in that position.

Southgate just dosen't have the foresight to attempt something like that though.

Rice with Bellingham and Foden alternating should be a good enough central midfield to win a tournament with Stones also stepping in aswell.
Best hope is for Angel Gomes to keep developing in that position.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
No, you can't put that on Southgate. If he did it, we'd he mad he's playing players in roles they don't normally play in. Putting square pegs in round holes.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No, you can't put that on Southgate. If he did it, we'd he mad he's playing players in roles they don't normally play in. Putting square pegs in round holes.
You say that but due to all the injuries going into the World cup Deschamps basically had no option but to move Greizmann back into more of a central midfield role and that generally worked very well.

Foden will eventually play in a CM role I think given his skillset.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
You say that but due to all the injuries going into the World cup Deschamps basically had no option but to move Greizmann back into more of a central midfield role and that generally worked very well.

Foden will eventually play in a CM role I think given his skillset.
That's a big difference though isn't it.

And I agree with the second paragraph, but again, it's not happening now.

Lee565

This guy is special and cut above the rest of the English players.

There is a potentially great England side available but doubt southgate will move away from the safety first.

Bellingham, rice and taa has to be the midfield going forward, only issue is central defence where southgate insistence on slab head and also pickford as gk.

With chillwell back to fitness and q big threat going forward I would like to see shaw next to stones in central defence as he has already shown for united he is better than Maguire in that position.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
They don't have one, main reason they have won only 1 trophy even though on paper they should have won more.
They won a World Cup and nearly repeated. I mean I'm not sure how they can't be considered successful. A regista is one position. It won't make or break England.

Hammondo

They won a World Cup and nearly repeated. I mean I'm not sure how they can't be considered successful. A regista is one position. It won't make or break England.
For the team they had, they should have won either another WC or the European cup. I did not say they were not successful, I said they were not as successful as they should have been.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
For the team they had, they should have won either another WC or the European cup. I did not say they were not successful, I said they were not as successful as they should have been.
And you think not having a regista is the problem? They were a penalty shootout from repeating as champions without one...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think Madrid have got it completely correct with where they’ve positioned him. He’s at his best impacting the final third of the pitch from central areas. He’s big fast and well rounded but I think the truly elite side of his game would be wasted playing more conventionally as a no.8

Ted Lasso

I think Madrid have got it completely correct with where they’ve positioned him. He’s at his best impacting the final third of the pitch from central areas. He’s big fast and well rounded but I think the truly elite side of his game would be wasted playing more conventionally as a no.8
Ancelotti is a great coach. Still boggles my mind we didn't go for him when Fergie retired.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This guy is special and cut above the rest of the English players.

There is a potentially great England side available but doubt southgate will move away from the safety first.

Bellingham, rice and taa has to be the midfield going forward, only issue is central defence where southgate insistence on slab head and also pickford as gk.

With chillwell back to fitness and q big threat going forward I would like to see shaw next to stones in central defence as he has already shown for united he is better than Maguire in that position.
Trent lacks the positioning required to play in midfield.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
But also dominated on midfield most of the game.
Argentina played better for sure but the possession wasn't that lopsided. The point is a regista is not a requirement for any team to win a knockout tournament. England should be fine without one.

Hammondo

Argentina played better for sure but the possession wasn't that lopsided. The point is a regista is not a requirement for any team to win a knockout tournament. England should be fine without one.
No its not required, amazingly important though.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
They don't have one, main reason they have won only 1 trophy even though on paper they should have won more.
They won the feckin WC, and played other 2 finals. Could have won one another one, if Lloris wasn't so bad at penalties.
Winning is very difficult, even when having the quality for it.

Platini's France didn't even reach the a final in a WC, and they had in Platini one of the goats of playmaking and passing that the other poster is salivating about.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
How many wish United would have got this kid now? Don’t sleep on his little bro, he’s not far behind

arnie_ni

How many wish United would have got this kid now? Don’t sleep on his little bro, he’s not far behind
I mean, everyone wanted. We knew we missed out when he went to dortmund over us. It wasn't like he was some big kind of secret

Boavista

What kind of 20 year old comes from the Bundesliga and becomes the most decisive player in Real Madrid? Crazy
Had to check, Özil was a bit older at 21 when he joined Real and with Ronaldo around not the most decisive player but apparently he scored 10 and assisted an insane 28 goals across all competitions in his debut season.

Also weird to think he was only at Real Madrid for three seasons.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It's an excellent move by Ancelotti. Bellingham's biggest strengths are his attacking abilities. He can still be a 10 that contributes a lot against the ball but one of his few issues at Dortmund was that he lacked tactical discipline and sometimes vacated his position in the pressing formation or was too attack minded when Dortmund could just have seen the game out.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
It's an excellent move by Ancelotti. Bellingham's biggest strengths are his attacking abilities. He can still be a 10 that contributes a lot against the ball but one of his few issues at Dortmund was that he lacked tactical discipline and sometimes vacated his position in the pressing formation or was too attack minded when Dortmund could just have seen the game out.
I see that from his Birmingham days. A beast when he’s defending which masks the fact his determination can see him overcommit.

Totally coachable flaw though but not really needed as 10.

RoyH1

I see that from his Birmingham days. A beast when he’s defending which masks the fact his determination can see him overcommit.

Totally coachable flaw though but not really needed as 10.
How's his brother looking by the way? Can't watch the championship where I live

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Not surprised by the speed of his adaptation. As predicted, he's killing it in a more attacking position. Was not going to excel as a pure central midfielder but as an attacking midfielder he can exceed the likes of Lampard/Gerrard.