Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Who'd have thought England's first two £100m+ players would come from two Birmingham club acadamies.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
It warms my heart that not one but two Liverpools transfer windows ruined waiting for this guy. They were so sure.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
And to think we would have had to pay 140m plus to sign him. Bargain fee for him in todays prices

MUFC OK

And to think we would have had to pay 140m plus to sign him. Bargain fee for him in todays prices
Its up to €133m to be fair. Yet whenever we sign someone those bonuses are taken as guaranteed and you have red top paper articles adding up the salary over the duration of his contract to call it a €250m package or whatever.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'd say this is a better transfer for Dortmund than for Madrid. Bellingham is good but no €130m player, IMO. Especially not for a team that already has Valverde, Camavinga and Tchouameni.

Bertie Wooster

At least he's gone to Real Madrid, and not a PL rival.

Still gutted that bloody Dortmund denied us getting Bellingham and Haaland (twice in the latters case!) But at least, unlike Haaland, he isn't now coming over here to star for a rival club.

Good move for player and club.

Good for all parties.

Dortmund get an insane fee.
Madrid get their statement signing.
Bellingham goes to the league where he is most likely to succeed. He'll have the time and space to play in Spain, England would have been a much riskier move.

TsuWave

Still think that instead of bringing out Ferguson to see the likes of these youngsters when they visit United - we should be bringing out the likes of Beckham and stuff

also, would like us to see us take more risks when it comes to developing starts - I get it, the club is starved of success, but the likes of Pellistri and them should be getting more of a look in - that would convince other youngsters that there's a pathway to first team football. #11 was supposed to be a shining example of this, but alas

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Well, hope it works out but I’m very cautious. Feel like this wasn’t really needed and even if we did not sure Bellingham is all that.

rajds89

Interested to see how he does in Madrid but make no mistake about it, kids taken the easy option instead of testing himself in the best league in the world. Still, I guess signing for Madrid is better than him signing for any of our rivals.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Interested to see how he does in Madrid but make no mistake about it, kids taken the easy option instead of testing himself in the best league in the world. Still, I guess signing for Madrid is better than him signing for any of our rivals.
Playing for Real with that unforgiving crowd.. its nowhere near an easy option. Terrible take.

rajds89

Playing for Real with that unforgiving crowd.. its nowhere near an easy option. Terrible take.
Unforgiving, undeserving crowd. Point is, it’s a league that’s no better than the one he currently plays in, would have love to have seen him challenge himself in the premier league,

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He's obviously not a 100m EUR player right now but his upside is amazing. Has deficiencies in technique and passing but has a fantastic energy and mentality. I think he'll also score a lot of goals there because he improved his runs into the box in the last season.

While Madrid's midfield looks potentially great with Camavinga, Tuochmeni, Valverde and Jude, it's really young as well and can have the potential to be inconsistent. They would need to be patient with them but knowing Madrid they won't be.

fck

Supports
Bayern
Unforgiving, undeserving crowd. Point is, it’s a league that’s no better than the one he currently plays in, would have love to have seen him challenge himself in the premier league,
The PL is the better league but you said he took the easy option which is obviously false (just ask Hazard).

Chinchy98

I'd say this is a better transfer for Dortmund than for Madrid. Bellingham is good but no €130m player, IMO. Especially not for a team that already has Valverde, Camavinga and Tchouameni.
Disagree massively. He’s a pup at the moment and already a fantastic player. Great athletic ability, solid technical ability & you get the impression that he has a fantastic head on his shoulder.

Pre-summer I’d have said £120m is fair value

mancsarered

From Kroos/Modric/Casemiro to Camavinga/Valverde/Tchouameni and now they add Bellingham. Imagine being able to do business that well.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
English players are underrated but overpriced.

Coxy

God I miss competing with clubs like RM.

What a midfield future they have with Camavinga, Tchouameni and now Bellingham.

We have Fred.

Dan_F

Real have about six midfielders who could improve our starting 11 :lol:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Disagree massively. He’s a pup at the moment and already a fantastic player. Great athletic ability, solid technical ability & you get the impression that he has a fantastic head on his shoulder.

Pre-summer I’d have said £120m is fair value
He's still very raw and at times has frustrating decision making. Like, really frustrating. And he won't get the same protection at Madrid as he got in Dortmund. This season, he had many performances for which he would get picked apart by the Spanish media.

Very talented though, obviously. But for €130m, I'd expect a top talent in world football and Bellingham isn't really there for me.

tomaldinho1

And it makes us paying 80m for Jadon Sancho all the more laughable.
We had a £90m bid rejected the year before :lol:

Think it's a decent deal for Dortmund to be honest, I like Bellingham, there's an obvious upside but so many players never hit the giddy heights people think they can.

rajds89

The PL is the better league but you said he took the easy option which is obviously false (just ask Hazard).
Hazard had injury after injury though and never really got settled. I stand by my comment. It’s an average league dominated by two teams (not as bad as the shit show of a league your team owns) with a third team putting up a fight every so often. He’ll be signing for a huge wage, living in a lovely part of the world. Who wouldn’t sign? It’s still the easy option though.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
By that logic, any player picking any league but the PL is choosing the easy option…

Malkovich

I don't think Bellingham, Camavinga or Valverde can emulate Kroos or Modric. Specially if they need to break down a team sitting deep.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Hazard had injury after injury though and never really got settled. I stand by my comment. It’s an average league dominated by two teams (not as bad as the shit show of a league your team owns) with a third team putting up a fight every so often. He’ll be signing for a huge wage, living in a lovely part of the world. Who wouldn’t sign? It’s still the easy option though.
Jesus, now even La Liga is a farmer's league :lol:

If that's the case, why is Spain's UCL record so much better than the EPL's?

Righteous Steps

Jesus, now even La Liga is a farmer's league :lol:

If that's the case, why is Spain's UCL record so much better than the EPL's?
Because Madrid? Its not better than Englands record overall, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Forest, Villa thats 5 different clubs who have won the European Cup/CL.