Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

rajds89

The PL is less competitive thanks to Manchester City.
They’ve won the league the last three years in a row but two of those they won it on the last day of the season and this season they were somewhat pushed by Arsenal (even though we all knew they’d bottle it at some point). The premier league as a whole is far more competitive than la liga.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
They’ve won the league the last three years in a row but two of those they won it on the last day of the season and this season they were somewhat pushed by Arsenal (even though we all knew they’d bottle it at some point). The premier league as a whole is far more competitive than la liga.
It is not that they bottle it. In the end, City have a huge squad and they end up setting them apart.
La liga has dropped a lot but there could be an interesting competition between Madrid, Barcelona and even Atletico.
In England it looks like the fight is for second place, and soon, if Newcastle join the new Arab dynamic, for third.
The thing about the Premier League is that any team can afford to pay 40 or 50 million for a mid-level player, something unthinkable in Spain.

rajds89

It is not that they bottle it. In the end, City have a huge squad and they end up setting them apart.
La liga has dropped a lot but there could be an interesting competition between Madrid, Barcelona and even Atletico.
In England it looks like the fight is for second place, and soon, if Newcastle join the new Arab dynamic, for third.
The thing about the Premier League is that any team can afford to pay 40 or 50 million for a mid-level player, something unthinkable in Spain.
Perhaps if Barcelona and Madrid didn’t take the majority of tv rights etc for themselves then maybe your league would become better off as a whole.

GeneralKenobi

With the veterans extending their contracts, that's 8 midfielders for 3 spots (Kroos, Modric, Bellingham, Tchouameni, Camavinga, Valverde, Ceballos, Diaz). Camavinga will play some LB and Valverde/Diaz on the wings but still it'll be hard to keep everyone happy.
I agree. Although with the signing of Fran García (not official yet) I don't expect Camavinga to play LB so much.

With Benzema out, unless they bring an important striker a là Kane, I think they are mainly gonna play 4-4-2 next year. 4 midfielders at all times and then Vini and Rodrygo up top.

So far, I am not sure all of Modric-Kroos-Ceballos will be on the squad next year.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He's obviously not a 100m EUR player right now but his upside is amazing. Has deficiencies in technique and passing but has a fantastic energy and mentality. I think he'll also score a lot of goals there because he improved his runs into the box in the last season.

While Madrid's midfield looks potentially great with Camavinga, Tuochmeni, Valverde and Jude, it's really young as well and can have the potential to be inconsistent. They would need to be patient with them but knowing Madrid they won't be.
Yeah, it'd be great if all 4 of those ended up "making it" at Madrid, but i think one or 2 will not quite make it long term....all 4 amazing talents though.

InfiniteBoredom

Because Madrid? Its not better than Englands record overall, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Forest, Villa thats 5 different clubs who have won the European Cup/CL.
Spanish clubs have won 22 consecutive European finals against English teams.

Granted, that leaves out the time they lost before the finals, but it’s hard to make the argument that it is a farmer’s league when we lost to Villareal and Sevilla respectively while finishing 2nd and 3rd in the ‘best league in the world’.

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
Barely scratched june and already signed top player, for solid fee. Now bring Kane home. Go after Bernardo Silva and forget about Havertz. Should also go after Fresneda. 300+ million investment, and squad is nicely refurbished.

Flo should teach United leadership a thing or two. :devil:

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
The day they won the title is irrelevant. The reality is they won 5 out of 6 titles. Liverpool have competed against them three times and Arsenal one time. This is not actually any different than Barcelona winning most league titles with Real Madrid competing some of those years (and winning some) and Atletico also competing and winning a few. If anything, La Liga compares favorably since Atletico were able to stay very competitive for a decade. Arsenal have been competitive for one season so far. Let's see what they can do.

Last edited:

Zed is not dead

It’s €103. He’s easily worth twice what Grealish is. I think they’ve got a bargain.
It’s 100m + add-ons that can go up to 30m, so 130m potentially.
With the addition of Bellingham and the upwards trajectory of Camavinga, Madrid are going to have quite the midfield options with Valverde, Tchouameni, Camavinga and Bellingham. They might be lacking a bit of creativity though, and with such young players they will still need to confirm their potential and also be able to absorb the pressure that comes with playing for Real Madrid.

Still, I look forward to seeing their midfield at work next season

RoyH1

It’s €103. He’s easily worth twice what Grealish is. I think they’ve got a bargain.
I don’t think you can call that kind of money a bargain. Camavinga, now that was a bargain

That said, they paid quite a bit less guaranteed money than Chelsea paid for Enzo Fernandez. So maybe they set the market a bit more reasonable level than Boehly did.

GeneralKenobi

I don’t think you can call that kind of money a bargain. Camavinga, now that was a bargain
Valverde was the biggest one. Real payed €5M for him 5 years ago. He is now worth €100M according to Transfermarket (he is top 10 according to them) and reportedly they have already rejected €90M offers for him.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
You’re yet to give a compelling argument as to why I’m wrong though. The facts are, whilst signing for a club in to top echelons of world football, he is joining a club that other than one, sometimes two challengers.. a club that has it easy in their poor league. Now id argue with anybody who said they wouldn’t have done the same, I would have but a bigger challenge for him would have been coming back to England.
No PL player has won Balloon D'Or since Ronaldo in 2008.
Barely anybody outside of the british isles thinks Kane is a better player than Benzema just cause he plays in PL.

Going to Real Madrid looking to succeed is more challenging than going to any other club in the world, Bellingham certainly took the challenge, the weird part is only that he chose Real over english clubs while being english himself, other than that the pull Real and Barca has will always be stronger than any other PL club.

You sounds like the classic PL elitist who think that only good footballers play in PL( funny considering how rarely a PL player is considered best in the world since the 90s).

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Very different profiles. Better athletically but not nearly as good technically.
This.

IMO the likes Bellingham,Tchouameni, and Camavinga are more suited to succeed in PL football than in La Liga.

Once Modric and Kroos are gone, Madrid will not have a great technical midfield anymore, which doesn't sound good considering football in Spain is more technical.

I can see Madrid going out for more technical midfields in a couple of years.

Joel Miller

I’ve never understood why Premier League fans are so bitter and seem to have some sort of inferiority complex when it comes to La Liga. It’s been a thing for years, even now when the Premier League is probably the better League (and I don’t know if it’s because traditionally the top players in football have always viewed playing in Spain as the pinnacle). That being said in terms of actually winning the title the PL has become a bit of a one horse race.

Gurtej

Madrid knows how to rebuild. They have done it time and time again.

Any chance to try for Camavinga? They got few options and still need a striker and creative MF… may be we can sneak in a bid?

Ludens the Red

This.

IMO the likes Bellingham,Tchouameni, and Camavinga are more suited to succeed in PL football than in La Liga.

Once Modric and Kroos are gone, Madrid will not have a great technical midfield anymore, which doesn't sound good considering football in Spain is more technical.

I can see Madrid going out for more technical midfields in a couple of years.
On what planet are Bellingham and Camavinga not technically good? Considering how much younger they are than Kroos and Modric their ceiling is arguably higher too. Seriously Camavinga not technically good? Da feck.
I mean what is a good technical midfielder in your book?
And what areas are Bellingham and Camavinga lacking in that will see real “not have a great technical midfield” moving forward. Perhaps @FrankWhite could help me understand to?

SAFMUTD

Madrid knows how to rebuild. They have done it time and time again.

Any chance to try for Camavinga? They got few options and still need a striker and creative MF… may be we can sneak in a bid?
Absolutely no chance. Even if Madrid was willing to sell him they'd price him out of reach.

Son

Wish him well like I did Bale. Madrid tend to look after talent even if I despise that club at times :lol:

Will make La Liga more interesting and that’s not a bad thing. Prem has been giving it an absolute beating in recent years for weekly interest.

Son

Barely scratched june and already signed top player, for solid fee. Now bring Kane home. Go after Bernardo Silva and forget about Havertz. Should also go after Fresneda. 300+ million investment, and squad is nicely refurbished.

Flo should teach United leadership a thing or two. :devil:
I agree he could definitely. That’s not exactly hard, I think everyone on this forum could too.

With a new ownership maybe we’ll take Vini off your hands though. I reckon he’s ready to step up to a bigger league and play in front of more fans each week.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Real lack connective tissue at the moment; those midfielders are not a gelling match on paper nor anywhere near the technical level of who they’re replacing.

They need another midfielder.
Am I the only one thinking it's very hard to determine what those midfielders are because they are incredibly young and have huge room for maturing their game?

I mean, Bellingham is 19 years old and Camavinga is 20 years old. We should see them play together for a while.

But to start with, and I agree with this topic some Twitter accounts raised, Real Madrid won't have any excuses to move the team way forward and press up now, which is something they could barely do before with Modric and Kroos in recent seasons having to rely on a low block.

If Madrid sign a competent striker who can score and link up with Vinicius and Rodrygo and midfielders (Bellingham, Valverde) contribute to the score with their box to box capabilities I would say many of the main issues are sorted for a while.

Kahlenberg

Supports
Real Madrid
At 103 M€ + Adds cannot be called a bargain, but unlike other Madrid's youngsters, if everything goes moderately well for him, I can see Bellingham leaving after ¿4-5? years to a Premiere League top team, being still very young at 23-24 yo and Madrid cashing profit from the sale.

The gap of the Premiere League with the other European leagues will only get wider in the coming seasons due to the foreign money investments, and even Madrid won't be able to retain a British star player outside of the PL.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Real lack connective tissue at the moment; those midfielders are not a gelling match on paper nor anywhere near the technical level of who they’re replacing.

They need another midfielder.
You may be right but I think Bellingham has enough technical quality. Being greedy maybe I'd get rid of Ceballos and try to promote Nico Paz, a hispano-argentine from the youth academy, or buy some low profile creative midfielder to hold up the ball at certain times, a "slim Isco". Perhaps Havertz could play that role between the lines?
The next problem will be to replace/play someone in Kroos' place. I've heard it could be Valverde, delaying him and moving him to the left, where Kroos usually initiates play, or Camavinga alone.
What doesn't quite fit me is a Tchouameni-Camavinga in the same line.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah, but if I was a Dortmund fan it would break my heart seeing so many brilliant players leave year after year. The profit would be scant consolation!
A mix really. If they ended up winning the Bundesliga this year you wouldn't mind, though as they bottled it, it will sting a bit more.

erikcred

Yeah, but if I was a Dortmund fan it would break my heart seeing so many brilliant players leave year after year. The profit would be scant consolation!
Exactly. If they'd kept that Klopp team together for a couple more years, think they'd have returned to the final and won it. That was the difference between them and what Liverpool did later. Lost a final and instead of losing players went ahead and bought Alisson.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid

The Modric-Kroos-Casemiro midfield was not particularly dominant in Spain, winning three league titles, but two of them had Valverde playing an important role.

Athleticism has also been a big weakness for us in recent European campaigns.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I don't agree that him and other midfielders RM currently have can replace Kross, Modric and Casemiro that easily. That trio is legendary.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't agree that him and other midfielders RM currently have can replace Kross, Modric and Casemiro that easily. That trio is legendary.
It's not easy. But it's a nice position to be in, having a number of players that are highly-rated and show potential.

The previous Real Madrid had Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Illarramendi, Isco, James, and Lucas Silva. Some worked amazingly, some didn't quite make it, some flopped horribly. What you'd hope is that from Bellingham, Camavinga, Tchouameni, and Valverde, two can be starters and one can be starter-ish. Anything else is a bonus. Valverde is already there as starter-ish.

Strelok

What a midfield they have. Imo the CL title next year will be between them and City.