Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

Witchking

Jesus, now even La Liga is a farmer's league :lol:

If that's the case, why is Spain's UCL record so much better than the EPL's?
They are able to exclusively concentrate on European cups as they can just win la Liga/bundesliga matches in second gear. Premier league teams struggle every weekend and then have to play mid week against these giants.
/s

Smores

I just can't imagine dortmund agreeing to a sale so quickly if we were involved. Not sure the whys and how's but the contrast seems so stark.

rajds89

Jesus, now even La Liga is a farmer's league :lol:

If that's the case, why is Spain's UCL record so much better than the EPL's?
Not as much of a farmers league than yours but it’s not far off. Madrid have 4 difficult league games a season, the rest should be a walkover. It allowed them to concentrate on the champions league.

Rockets Redglare

They are able to exclusively concentrate on European cups as they can just win la Liga/bundesliga matches in second gear. Premier league teams struggle every weekend and then have to play mid week against these giants.
/s
Madrid lost 8 games in the league this season and finished 10 points off the top.

antk

Madrid lost 8 games in the league this season and finished 10 points off the top.
Man United lost 9 games in the league this season and finished 14 points off the top. A single point differential considering the added defeat.

Jeffthered

They have some excellent young midfielders.. one of the best, Camavinga, currently playing at left back btw.

These clubs get signings done. Dortmund get slugs of cash, and I have little doubt that they will have some good young players to replace Bellingham without too much disruption.

Last edited:

We need an rvn

Their midfield is something to behold
Called medium to long term planning. Something are utterly shite at with our current owners

Casemiro / kroos / modric for 10 years, end coming near, sell one to the mugs for 70m for some cash and sign 3 of the worlds top young talents in camavinga, tchouameni and Bellingham as well as valverde

brilliant strategy and envious of them to be honest

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
From Kroos/Modric/Casemiro to Camavinga/Valverde/Tchouameni and now they add Bellingham. Imagine being able to do business that well.
Very different profiles. Better athletically but not nearly as good technically.

gajender

Very different profiles. Better athletically but not nearly as good technically.
And they have all to prove , while they are all good young players but I don't believe that all of them would actually achieve Elite level and chances are Madrid would be back in the Market to reinforce their Midfield in next couple of windows .

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Interested to see how he does in Madrid but make no mistake about it, kids taken the easy option instead of testing himself in the best league in the world. Still, I guess signing for Madrid is better than him signing for any of our rivals.
Instead of testing himself against muck like scott mckenna, ryan christie* . Such a high level.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Real lack connective tissue at the moment; those midfielders are not a gelling match on paper nor anywhere near the technical level of who they’re replacing.

They need another midfielder.

Malkovich

Real lack connective tissue at the moment; those midfielders are not a gelling match on paper nor anywhere near the technical level of who they’re replacing.

They need another midfielder.
They had Odegaard :D

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
How many players have looked great at Dortmund and moved elsewhere then struggled to reach that same level again.

Also it's very rare that the expensive signings meet expectations.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
How many players have looked great at Dortmund and moved elsewhere then struggled to reach that same level again.

Also it's very rare that the expensive signings meet expectations.
Bellingham looked prior to going there, he's looked pretty good in an England shirt so I think he'll be fine

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'd say this is a better transfer for Dortmund than for Madrid. Bellingham is good but no €130m player, IMO. Especially not for a team that already has Valverde, Camavinga and Tchouameni.
Can they play a 442 with Vini and a new striker? Benching one of their four midfielders would be a crime.

rajds89

Instead of testing himself against muck like scott mckenna, ryan christie* . Such a high level.
You support Celtic, you’re in no position to talk about “muck”.. both of which would probably walk in to your team.

redsunited

I'd say this is a better transfer for Dortmund than for Madrid. Bellingham is good but no €130m player, IMO. Especially not for a team that already has Valverde, Camavinga and Tchouameni.
Well it is a safe transfer for Madrid. At worst they will sell for almost same price in next 4 years time to a mug English club.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Nope, they are testing themselves in a much better league.
Not as much of a farmers league than yours but it’s not far off. Madrid have 4 difficult league games a season, the rest should be a walkover. It allowed them to concentrate on the champions league.
I wish to have this level of confidence whilst being so wrong.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
With the veterans extending their contracts, that's 8 midfielders for 3 spots (Kroos, Modric, Bellingham, Tchouameni, Camavinga, Valverde, Ceballos, Diaz). Camavinga will play some LB and Valverde/Diaz on the wings but still it'll be hard to keep everyone happy.

rajds89

I wish to have this level of confidence whilst being so wrong.
You’re yet to give a compelling argument as to why I’m wrong though. The facts are, whilst signing for a club in to top echelons of world football, he is joining a club that other than one, sometimes two challengers.. a club that has it easy in their poor league. Now id argue with anybody who said they wouldn’t have done the same, I would have but a bigger challenge for him would have been coming back to England.

antk

You’re yet to give a compelling argument as to why I’m wrong though. The facts are, whilst signing for a club in to top echelons of world football, he is joining a club that other than one, sometimes two challengers.. a club that has it easy in their poor league. Now id argue with anybody who said they wouldn’t have done the same, I would have but a bigger challenge for him would have been coming back to England.
"poor league"

This reads like a parody post. Manchester United has been knocked out of European competitions recently by the likes of Villareal and Sevilla, both of which aren't amongst the "two challengers" you are seemingly mentioning.

gajender

But you are completely dismissing the challenge of actually playing for one of the biggest Club in the World with the most demanding crowd and the expectations to always compete and all the while trying to replace and match up to absolute legends of the Game .

Even you have to admit that could be quite daunting and Overwhelming for a Young Player fact of the matter is he is hiding to nothing there , after all the carefull planning and career management this move could spectacularly unravel everything quickly .

Thing is you can't say with the straight face that he has taken the easy way out .

rajds89

"poor league"

This reads like a parody post. Manchester United has been knocked out of European competitions recently by the likes of Villareal and Sevilla, both of which aren't amongst the "two challengers" you are seemingly mentioning.
We have and on both occasions we were embarrassingly poor. We’ve also slapped up the team who walked the league this year and put Betis to bed with ease so what happens in European competitions doesn’t really have much baring on my point does it?

antk

We have and on both occasions we were embarrassingly poor. We’ve also slapped up the team who walked the league this year and put Betis to bed with ease so what happens in European competitions doesn’t really have much baring on my point does it?
If H2H can't even matter, what's the minimum a league has to do not to be considered "poor" besides being called the Premier League? You realize you're essentially arguing the PL is the only non-poor league in the entire world?

rajds89

If H2H can't even matter, what's the minimum a league has to do not to be considered "poor" besides being called the Premier League? You realize you're essentially arguing the PL is the only non-poor league in the entire world?
There’s probably some truth in that statement you’ve just made. A league’s strength comes from its competitiveness.
Something the Spanish league thanks to the two clubs at the club seriously lacks.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
There’s probably some truth in that statement you’ve just made. A league’s strength comes from its competitiveness.
Something the Spanish league thanks to the two clubs at the club seriously lacks.
The PL is less competitive thanks to Manchester City.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I’d only agree with the point that LaLiga is weaker than it used to be. But at the same time, it was incredibly dominant for most of the 2010s. Both in the CL and EL. These things go in cycles.

Would you say that any player during that time picked the ‘easy route’ if they signed for a PL club? Of course not.

As mentioned before, the expectations that come with playing for any big club on a huge fee. But that is something you dismiss entirely and purely focus on ‘how easy it is’.

Here is the thing, if you watched LaLiga at all you’d straight up know that is simply not true. We lost 8 games this season and drew 6. The year before that, when we won the title, we lost 4 and drew 8. 9 draws and 4 losses the season before that. Same in the season before that one (3 losses actually). During that same time period, City had better results drawing/losing and averaged higher point totals.

These stats only tell part of the story though. Because even our wins aren’t easy ones. Ask anyone watching LaLiga. The 4-0s might still happen, but are very rare and mostly against the relegation fodder. But games, especially away from home, are very tight as all teams park the bus (understandably so of course). Can’t get away with winging it.

So all in all, is the PL better at this moment than LaLiga? Yes. Does that make his choice the ‘easy route’? I disagree.