Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
As people rightfully point out, I really don't think he is a Ten Hag midfielder. However, he is a galactico signing the Qatari owners may want.
He would only make sense in case we bin off Bruno and even then not by much.

Gurtej

I been saying it for some time now, English love to hype their players.

For the price we will pay for him (guess will be 120m plus given how much Enzo was bought for), we can get two MC midfielders with the right recruitment system in place….

We need FDJ over him any day of the week…

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I thought he was a bit sloppy with the ball today. Didn't stand out as one of the best few prospects on the pitch and not sure he's got the composure for ten Hag.

I really wouldn't mind if he goes elsewhere, especially for the stupid money Dortmund would want and Utd's track record with signing players from Dortmund.

I think Utd should keep their eyes out for someone else.
Bellingham is still really young, has he turned 20 y/o yet?

But with that said — it’s very important to underline and be aware of that we wouldn’t be buying one of the best CMs in the world. Could he get there? Definitely, but he isn’t there yet. He isn’t dominating.

What scares me a bit is that he is a really early bloomer. All the physical development when going from being a youth to a young man is done. Sometimes these guys plateau in their development.

I have no doubt that ETH would turn this kid into a really good player. But with that said — the price tag definitely scares me. Is he a 120-150m player? We would never be talking about those sums if he was a French young kid. 70-80m sure, but not 150m.

SAFMUTD

For the price he'll be quoted due to Enzo I'd preffer we go for De Jong. We've seen how De Jong plays under ten Hag and we know what he can offer. Maybe with the new owners comming he'll change his mind about leaving Barca?

The Urban Goose

It will be typical of us that just as we've found our way out of the Woodward "shit galactico" era and are finally seemingly on the right path, the club is sold to new owners who want to drag us back down the galactico path. Sigh.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We're willing to pay a "nobody" like Antony for 100m. Since when adding 20-30m turn into "galactico" buy?

zenith

For the price he'll be quoted due to Enzo I'd preffer we go for De Jong. We've seen how De Jong plays under ten Hag and we know what he can offer. Maybe with the new owners comming he'll change his mind about leaving Barca?
Can't go through this circus again. There is nothing to suggest that FDJ will move from barca, especially not now.

Bellingham might not be the ETH types though, I agree. He seems to want someone in the mould of eriksen, someone who can keep possession and break lines

Tarrou

We're willing to pay a "nobody" like Antony for 100m. Since when adding 20-30m turn into "galactico" buy?
I'm not sure we'd get him for that much. We had a clear run at Antony and Chelsea have been inflating the market since then too.

Waynne

I'd take this too.

We need players that Ten Hag deems fits his system down to the last detail instead of galactico signings.

ForeverRed1

Wish people would stop saying go for de jong.

He doesn’t want to play at united. He is a Barcelona fan and desperately wants to stay. He is now a main stay in their squad. He’s going nowhere anytime soon. It ain’t happening

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm not sure we'd get him for that much. We had a clear run at Antony and Chelsea have been inflating the market since then too.
Most likely not. I just kind of like the idea of Bellingham at United. I liked what i saw of him in WC.

Gordon S

I don´t think anyone really thinks his on pitch quality right now is worth 120m. It is mostly about his age imo, he is still somehow only 19, a club buying him could potentially look at 10+ seasons close to what he is offering now, which is still a very high level. Not impossible he could improve even more at that age. I mean, imagine if this guy is Robbo incarnated... Always a gamble at these prices of course, you never know whats going to happen.

footballbite

But with that said — it’s very important to underline and be aware of that we wouldn’t be buying one of the best CMs in the world. Could he get there? Definitely, but he isn’t there yet. He isn’t dominating.

What scares me a bit is that he is a really early bloomer. All the physical development when going from being a youth to a young man is done. Sometimes these guys plateau in their development.
Yeah I agree with this - his main assets seem to be in his physical development, rather than his technical skills. I'm not convinced his ability with the ball will be enough to take him to the next level.

As people rightfully point out, I really don't think he is a Ten Hag midfielder. However, he is a galactico signing the Qatari owners may want.
I don't see how he's really a "galactico"?! His profile isn't higher, or probably even equal to, some players Utd already have like Varane, Casemiro and Rashford.

De Jong and Caicedo for almost the same price!
Not convinced Caicedo is a Ten Hag player either. Utd should rather hold out for someone of the right profile. Arthur Vermeeren at Antwerp who Utd have been linked with seems stylistically more the type of young midfielder who'd suit what Ten Hag wants from his midfielders, as an example.

Last edited:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I don't see how he's really a "galactico"?! His profile isn't higher, or probably even equal to, some players Utd already have like Varane, Casemiro and Rashford.
He's likely to be the biggest transfers of this upcoming window, assuming Kane remains at Tottenham. It will make headlines around the world, definitely a galatico level signing.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Don't hate me, but i still can't see it in him.

Would definitively sign FDJ over jude, better and probably cheaper

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
He's likely to be the biggest transfers of this upcoming window, assuming Kane remains at Tottenham. It will make headlines around the world, definitely a galatico level signing.
No it wouldnt, only in the UK probably

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
No it wouldnt, only in the UK probably
He's already making the backpages in Spain as the big Real Madrid target. And obviously his transfer will be headlines in Germany too. Look, I know he's overhyped but his transfer will definitely be one the bigger news story this summer. Definitely.

GlasgowCeltic

making him third choice captain has turned out to be a nice bit of PR work from Dortmund, pundits over here love mentioning that he’s “already Dortmund captain at such a young age”, defo added to his price

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I don´t think anyone really thinks his on pitch quality right now is worth 120m. It is mostly about his age imo, he is still somehow only 19, a club buying him could potentially look at 10+ seasons close to what he is offering now, which is still a very high level. Not impossible he could improve even more at that age. I mean, imagine if this guy is Robbo incarnated... Always a gamble at these prices of course, you never know whats going to happen.
Pretty sure he isn't even 19 yet.

onemanarmy

Yeah I agree with this - his main assets seem to be in his physical development, rather than his technical skills. I'm not convinced his ability with the ball will be enough to take him to the next level.

Not convinced Caicedo is a Ten Hag player either. Utd should rather hold out for someone of the right profile. Arthur Vermeeren at Anderlecht who Utd have been linked with seems stylistically more the type of young midfielder who'd suit what Ten Hag wants from his midfielders, as an example.
Vermeeren plays at Antwerp, not Anderlecht and its like 3 years too early to have any sort of impact for a team like Utd.

Zed 101

Well we are definitely in the mix especially if the ownership goes through, Liverpool are probably out of it now but who knows Klopp surely has some appeal, cannot see Chelsea spending again, City maybe.... if we are in think biggest competition will be Real

Loon

:lol:
Once Qatar complete the takeover, it’ll be a reality rather than a dream, though I think it’ll be Mbappe over Osimhen :drool:
Why are people so certain money will win over all? Even City don't get everyone they're after.

gregor

He was running rings around Enzo Fernandez the other day. His ball control is so good, a joy to watch. Not sure we need him, he'd more of a Bruno replacement.

Bwuk

I think if we do get a new set of owners, they'll want to make a statement signing and I can see it being Bellingham.

You look at the shape we played yesterday, Bellingham would be a massive upgrade on Weghorst as the dual 8s.

pacifictheme

I think if we do get a new set of owners, they'll want to make a statement signing and I can see it being Bellingham.

You look at the shape we played yesterday, Bellingham would be a massive upgrade on Weghorst as the dual 8s.
I hope that any new owners signs players eth wants. We've made statement signings before and they have often been shite. Not saying Bellingham would be but what I want is for us to sign players eth wants and believes are the right fit. If that doesn't include Bellingham then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.