Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oranges038

Too many excuses were made for Pogba. It wasn’t down to who he was played with or the system he played in, it was predominantly down to him.
No way, it was everybody elses fault.

Mourinho for buying him and annoying him and for playing him out of position.
The club for not buying players to make him play better.
Ole for being a PE teacher
Wreck it Ralf for playing 442 or whatever it was he was trying to do.
And Sourness for not liking him

Abraxas

He's a player I think would add to every squad in the world, mostly due to age and talent. He's very good now of course but there's absolutely nobody that would turn him down due to his age and experience already gained which means not too much extrapolation is required to see how he could become one of the top midfielders.

The problem for us is I don't really see the budgets being there under this current ownership. It might be but I don't think we'd be doing much else in the window. Are we really going to sign one or two players and that's it? It's the same problem with Osimhen as far as I can see.

croadyman

He's a player I think would add to every squad in the world, mostly due to age and talent. He's very good now of course but there's absolutely nobody that would turn him down due to his age and experience already gained which means not too much extrapolation is required to see how he could become one of the top midfielders.

The problem for us is I don't really see the budgets being there under this current ownership. It might be but I don't think we'd be doing much else in the window. Are we really going to sign one or two players and that's it? It's the same problem with Osimhen as far as I can see.
Yeah going all in for either him or Osimhen is easy for a Madrid/City as they have a quality first XI,sadly we still lack commanding GK,RB,progressive CM and of course top striker.

FerociousCorgis

Doesn't need to be a seperate Casa backup and starter,ideally get someone like Caicedo who is able to play either position
i mean yeah that works too, but i was going for just a complete overhaul of the midfield group. Could have Case, eriksen, and then 3 new quality brought in that hopefully fits exactly what EtH would want. Then wouldnt have to rely on players like fred and mctominay who can either go missing or just have a shocker of a game randomly.

croadyman

i mean yeah that works too, but i was going for just a complete overhaul of the midfield group. Could have Case, eriksen, and then 3 new quality brought in that hopefully fits exactly what EtH would want. Then wouldnt have to rely on players like fred and mctominay who can either go missing or just have a shocker of a game randomly.
Yeah our midfield depth needs to be better there is no doubt about that

Don't Kill Bill

Someone explain to me how he fits in at the club?
Probably buys a house close to the training ground. His mate from Dortmund, Jadon Sancho, introduces him to the team and they go on some club organized team building exercise in the summer as well as pre-season together and then have a few beers after. Share the downs of defeat and ups of winning and before you know it he has some really good friends at the club and the staff respect him because he performs well regularly.

Something like that I would guess.

ShinjiNinja26

Someone’s chatting bollocks because you’ve got some reports claiming City are leading the race and others saying Bellingham doesn’t want to join a club like City, so which is it? I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

dinostar77

He'd be mental to go anywhere else other than Real Madrid. The age of the squad fits in with him (the young generation of players they have) and Kroos and Modric are gradually on their way out.

Rolaholic

He'd be mental to go anywhere else other than Real Madrid. The age of the squad fits in with him (the young generation of players they have) and Kroos and Modric are gradually on their way out.
Yea that Real side is set to continue being a fixture in Europe for years to come even after the likes of Modric and Kroos are gone, especially if they add a Bellingham.

All they'd really need would be a Benzema successor but even that can probably wait an extra year or so given his spectacular late career run the last 2 years.

By that time, they'll probably get a shot at one of the current 2 aliens in world football in Mbappé and Haaland.

They've even started a charm offensive for that Georgian lad from Napoli already

ForeverRed1

Depends if he’d like to be in England. Can see him at city tbh.

croadyman

Yeah fits them much better than us

Woziak

Weird leak, a couple of hours after the third round of bids was announced. Maybe Qatar are secretly negotiating for him with PSG but he doesn’t fancy that league, and someone is saying there may be another option. If Liverpool are genuinely out of the race, it will boil down to three clubs. All probably having CL, City and Madrid being more obvious choices but United’s new owners might break the bank and bid €150m and put him on the same as wages as Rashford with £400k per week plus his best mate Sancho is at united, they used to room together at Dortmund.

The Glaziers are playing roulette with the club, the recent additional debt on their credit line means they have to pay this off to free up the £300m credit line for transfers this summer, hoping that the new owners value the club at £5.5-6bn and want to tie the deal up at the end of April with a bid nearer to £6bn than £5bn!

This will allow Qatari or SJR to spend £300m in the summer window on their own targets of which we know Bellingham is clearly one. Would I take him, in a heartbeat however the reality is he’s most likely off to Real Madrid but Dortmund won’t get anywhere near the value they want.

Woziak

Doesn't need to be a seperate Casa backup and starter,ideally get someone like Caicedo who is able to play either position
Adrien Rabiot is the best option, free can play 6 or 8 and the right age with experience, add Macalister and someone like Enzo Le Fey we just spent £90m for three players who improve the squad no end.

croadyman

Adrien Rabiot is the best option, free can play 6 or 8 and the right age with experience, add Macalister and someone like Enzo Le Fey we just spent £90m for three players who improve the squad no end.
Think he burnt his bridges last summer,only need to go in his thread to see that. Afraid to say we won't sign 3 midfielders because Fred is still there

Woziak

Think he burnt his bridges last summer,only need to go in his thread to see that. Afraid to say we won't sign 3 midfielders because Fred is still there
We do need 3 midfielders because we need more goals from midfield, but HG is an issue too we need to replace Scott Mctominay with Homegrown if he goes, DVB and Fred can go, Sabitzer needs to finish season well for us to make that deal permanent. Pretty sure if new owners offer Rabiot £200k per week he’ll move!

redshaw

The no state club thing could be a way of trying to get Dortmund to negotiate with Liverpool if he's set on there and England. It seemed all ready for Pool but Dortmund have to climb down their valuation to around 70-80m. Said about a month ago around 80 mill would be their limit and going by reports it seems so.

Sparky Rhiwabon

When he says that he’s not bothered about a club having loads of money, does that mean that he won’t demand big wages? Would be a refreshing change from a young player.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
He choose dortmund because he was advised to do so.
So he could then get a transfer for a massive fee, signing on bonus and wages.
What do you base that on? He was offered £10mil in his pocket if he didn’t didn’t a pro contract at Birmingham and moved for the nominal 250k fee he could have if he was greedy.

He does not have an agent or advisors. If you knew what you were talking about you’d know that. His dad is very vocal about outside influences.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
A Casemiro/Bellingham/Bruno midfield would have a lot of the sort of problems you'd want fixed when you spend 100m on a midfielder, even more so when allied to our current back five. Don't see it happening.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
No one can seriously consider spending 135m + add ons on him, can they? That's just absurd.

lex talionis

Would rather we get De Jong + one of the Brighton boys instead of spunking it all on Bellingham, we'd probably have change left over too.
I'd rather bring in De Jong as well, but that doesn't appear to be in the cards. And unless we're talking about an outrageous goal scorer I'm not comfortable with the idea of spending 120m on a single player.

LordSpud

I reckon Dortmund keep Bellingham for another year, Liverpool spend about 150-200m this summer on 4-5 players and roll the dice on getting top 4 and CL then go back in next year.

sparx99

I’d love Bellingham but even if he played a decade at the club it’s hard to see value in £120-130m outlay. I don’t think even the best midfielders in the word are worth that.

Supposedly Real Madrid have already considered the future of Tchouameni after they spent €100m on him.

croadyman

I'd rather bring in De Jong as well, but that doesn't appear to be in the cards. And unless we're talking about an outrageous goal scorer I'm not comfortable with the idea of spending 120m on a single player.
Yeah but that's not happening

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
In that case he’ll be retiring from football at a young age or be playing in the championship.
If you take it extremely literally. If it’s true and I’m skeptical about that, then it’s more about the standing and prestige of the club. Liverpool might still be the place as despite recent reports there’s been so much noise about that move. Aside from them Madrid and us would fit that bill.

Im still not sure this is the right signing for us but if ETH rates him that highly then it could be worth it.

croadyman

If you take it extremely literally. If it’s true and I’m skeptical about that, then it’s more about the standing and prestige of the club. Liverpool might still be the place as despite recent reports there’s been so much noise about that move. Aside from them Madrid and us would fit that bill.

Im still not sure this is the right signing for us but if ETH rates him that highly then it could be worth it.
Have said it before he would be the right signing if we already had the midfield technicians of City & Madrid and were looking for something different

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Have said it before he would be the right signing if we already had the midfield technicians of City & Madrid and were looking for something different
That’s what I feel too. We need more playmakers who build play up from deeper areas rather than box to box / AMs - the squad has enough of those.

Shinjch

It is funny how the Liverpool pundits have down a complete u-turn on this now. Heard Danny Murphy saying he would rather get Rice and Mount in for about 100 million (good luck with that Danny). The last few years their whole mantra has been how Liverpool are so well run because they know who they want and then wait until they can get the player they have identified. Think it was only this weekend Murphy was talking about he would always choose quality over quantity too. Strange lot.

GlasgowCeltic

It is funny how the Liverpool pundits have down a complete u-turn on this now. Heard Danny Murphy saying he would rather get Rice and Mount in for about 100 million (good luck with that Danny). The last few years their whole mantra has been how Liverpool are so well run because they know who they want and then wait until they can get the player they have identified. Think it was only this weekend Murphy was talking about he would always choose quality over quantity too. Strange lot.
saw the video of that, someone commented getting Mount instead of Bellingham is like going for Murphy instead of Gerrard

crossy1686

career ending
I said last summer that he’d end up at Madrid, he’s the kind of player they move for when available. Apparently they didn’t need him some were saying though? Liverpool bound or something. Use your head guys, stop parroting whatever you read in the media.

spiriticon

The whole Sancho saga with Dortmund should teach potential suitors that he isn't going to go for less than 100 million if Dortmund can help it.

He is going to be well overpriced and he will always be fighting an upward battle with the media to live up to his price tag. Danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.