Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Madrid have a midfield set up for years now. Tchouameni, Camavinga and Bellingham.

Erik the Red

Madrid have a midfield set up for years now. Tchouameni, Camavinga and Bellingham.
The best thing about this midfield - think about the revenue from all those extra letters on the back of the shirts. Certainly beats Rice, Mount and Fred.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Odds of that happening is what?

He's about as close to a guarantee successful signing as they get
Just as big as both I think. Because I didn't see Mkhi and Kagawa as failures or anything. It's just that they failed to live up to their hypes. And with a transfer fee this big, it's easy to fail to fulfil expectations. Just like Antony. He's done okay, nothing special this season but the way people are going on about him you'd think he's done as bad as Weghorst. All because of the transfer fee. Sancho is another case, if you don't count the amount of times he was unavailable, he's not terrible but he disappointed us just as Mkhi and Kagawa (who were worse than Sancho). Again because of the fee.

Last edited:

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
Admittedly I’ve only seen a small sample size, but I don’t feel he is a £100m player.

Would it be fair to say he’s a jack of all trades, masters of none, type of midfielder? He looks athletic, energetic and has a goal threat, but what’s his passing and on the ball ability like?

That said, Madrid will have three prime midfield talents, but does he offer a different enough profile from Camavinga?

Drainy

Admittedly I’ve only seen a small sample size, but I don’t feel he is a £100m player.

Would it be fair to say he’s a jack of all trades, masters of none, type of midfielder? He looks athletic, energetic and has a goal threat, but what’s his passing and on the ball ability like?

That said, Madrid will have three prime midfield talents, but does he offer a different enough profile from Camavinga?
He's basically the player people pretend Gerrard was and it will be proven over the next 15 years

DJ_21

The best thing about this midfield - think about the revenue from all those extra letters on the back of the shirts. Certainly beats Rice, Mount and Fred.
Oh ye. Never thought of that :lol: Wouldn’t like to be a commentator over there saying them names all the time. Bellinghams easy to say though.

DJ_21

Getting those players doesn't impress me when you're Real Madrid. It's just FM on played amateur level.
They’ve literally replaced the old midfield trio of Modric, kroos and Casemiro. And brought in 3 young class midfielders. They like their midfield to play together for years so the chemistry is very good.

Donut

Don’t think Tchouameni is all that amazing and Camavinga is still very raw. Bellingham is the best of the three.

RoyH1

I think so. Camavinga is better defensively but doesn't quite have the same game in small spaces offensively that Bellingham offers

DJ_21

Don’t think Tchouameni is all that amazing and Camavinga is still very raw. Bellingham is the best of the three.
Ye Bellingham is miles the better player but they’re all very young and they’ve still got kroos and Modric to learn from. It’s pretty smart really… bringing them in while the 2 experienced ones are still there so they can be like a mentor until they retire.

El Zoido

They’ve literally replaced the old midfield trio of Modric, kroos and Casemiro. And brought in 3 young class midfielders. They like their midfield to play together for years so the chemistry is very good.
It’s not like they’re making unknown astute signings. It’s a bit easier to replace Modric, Kroos, and Casemiro, when virtually every player out there wants to play for you. They pretty much get to pick and choose who they want. Fantasy football.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It’s not like they’re making unknown astute signings. It’s a bit easier to replace Modric, Kroos, and Casemiro, when virtually every player out there wants to play for you. They pretty much get to pick and choose who they want. Fantasy football.
Exactly. They identify targets (it basically means top talents in Europe) and get them. When was the last time Madrid missed on some big player?

RoyH1

Exactly. They identify targets (it basically means top talents in Europe) and get them. When was the last time Madrid missed on some big player?
Missed as in they didn't sign him? Just Haaland and Mbappé from the top of my mind.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members

I've written about this a while ago and quoted the post only recently, you'll find it a couple of pages back. In short: high end attacking midfielder, clear strengths that are currently not present there, rare profile. The opposite of what you insinuate.

I just feel it's not very well balanced.
Remains to be seen, but on paper looks high end balanced, unless you bring your own definition of balance. Going by fbref, understat and optics, the four, including Valverde, have complementing profiles.

You’d probably have camavinga as the deepest Bellingham as the creator and the other one as like a b2b maybe?
Will depend on the opposition. Bellingham started his fine-tuning at Dortmund as LM, and left double pivot, then was swiftly understood to bring good finishing and heading so he was given the box-to-box role and was started as CM to drift into CAM a good chunk of times, and in the last couple of weeks figured as RM where he would drift wide as well, in a role similar to Bruno lately.

Mbappe was the last that gave them a non messieurs, so he could not win anything of importance. Pedri or returning from Dortmund Hakimi were rejected by them, they missed on these two on their own then. Haaland was rejected based on too expensive and Benzema still going strong, not sure if that counts.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Haaland was rejected based on "can't get him AND Mbappé" and City moved very quickly to close the deal before Mbappé made his decision

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Whilst we struggle to get one in over years thats good
It’s a lot easier when everyone wants to join you. We were interested in all 3 but all 3 made clear they wanted to go to Real. As were a lot of other clubs interested. But when Real come calling, it’s game over. That’s what a million CL trophies does for you. Success breeds success.

cyberman

They changed from signing established stars to taking risks on younger players preciously because they kept getting beaten to players

jackal&hyde

And people should be smart to take note. It is quality, quality, quality to the max. This is why Madrid is mega successful and this is why United must also go for top level talent that is comparable.

DJ_21

And people should be smart to take note. It is quality, quality, quality to the max. This is why Madrid is mega successful and this is why United must also go for top level talent that is comparable.
Well we missed out on 2 of them signings. Bellingham when he was at Birmingham and camavinga when he was leaving Rennes.

jackal&hyde

Well we missed out on 2 of them signings. Bellingham when he was at Birmingham and camavinga when he was leaving Rennes.
Yeah but we might get Kane and Neymar and that CD from Napoli. Top level talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.