Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
At the end of the day is Bellingham wants to go to Germany let him. We have a good set of young midfield talent in Garner and Hannibal so I'm not overly concerned. Would be nice to get him but if he's in two minds leave him be.

Brightonian

At the end of the day is Bellingham wants to go to Germany let him. We have a good set of young midfield talent in Garner and Hannibal so I'm not overly concerned. Would be nice to get him but if he's in two minds leave him be.
Nah offer him a wage they can't match then hold him hostage until they agree to sell Sancho. Then they can have him. ;)

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Is there much point in a 16 year old moving to Germany to play some games when he is getting that in England anyway?
On that basis why move to united... probably wages, higher level of competition etc... which dortmund can also offer (they have a better record than ourselves in cl qualification over the past 5 years I think?)

crossy1686

career ending
On that basis why move to united... probably wages, higher level of competition etc... which dortmund can also offer (they have a better record than ourselves in cl qualification over the past 5 years I think?)
You answered your own question, all without the need of moving to Germany.

crossy1686

career ending
Other than dortmund are apparently offering him more money and a guarantee of first team games ... so yeah actually not like for like is it
Things aren't as black and white as you're making them out to be. Have you ever moved to a foreign country for work? Imagine doing that as a 16 year, not even out of school. He's a kid. What's the longest he's been away from his friends and family at this point? 2 weeks max?

I've always struggled to understand why people can't see past the here and now. If he moves to Dortmund there's no guarantee he'll get games or be great, regardless of what a piece of paper says.

For every Sancho there's also an Isak, moving to Germany to play for Dortmund is not a 100% fool proof formula in becoming a great player. People pointing at Sancho and saying "He did it, everyone should do it" don't understand how temperamental feelings and emotions are, particularly those of a child who's becoming a man.

Also, despite many in here thinking United are a step below Layton Orient due to our recent fortunes, the club is still seen by many as one of the biggest, if not the biggest club in the world, where a 16 year old is being promised first team action, an improved contract that will improve year on year, a potential loan back to Birmingham for another season and all just a couple of hours down the road from his family and friends.

If he goes to Dortmund then good luck to him, I hope he does well but the obvious choice is United if our interest is genuine.

Ace of Spades

Things aren't as black and white as you're making them out to be. Have you ever moved to a foreign country for work? Imagine doing that as a 16 year, not even out of school. He's a kid. What's the longest he's been away from his friends and family at this point? 2 weeks max?

I've always struggled to understand why people can't see past the here and now. If he moves to Dortmund there's no guarantee he'll get games or be great, regardless of what a piece of paper says.

For every Sancho there's also an Isak, moving to Germany to play for Dortmund is not a 100% fool proof formula in becoming a great player. People pointing at Sancho and saying "He did it, everyone should do it" don't understand how temperamental feelings and emotions are, particularly those of a child who's becoming a man.

Also, despite many in here thinking United are a step below Layton Orient due to our recent fortunes, the club is still seen by many as one of the biggest, if not the biggest club in the world, where a 16 year old is being promised first team action, an improved contract that will improve year on year, a potential loan back to Birmingham for another season and all just a couple of hours down the road from his family and friends.

If he goes to Dortmund then good luck to him, I hope he does well but the obvious choice is United if our interest is genuine.
Yeah all good points. Also, important to note that Sancho was older when he moved to Dortmund. It is a very limited way of thinking to believe all players who move there become top players, as there are many who did not settle or improve there.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah all good points. Also, important to note that Sancho was older when he moved to Dortmund. It is a very limited way of thinking to believe all players who move there become top players, as there are many who did not settle or improve there.
Indeed, they sign a lot of young players who do not become superstars too! Some don’t get much game time either, it needs to be earned. In recent years the likes of Isak, Ginter, Bruun Larsen, Hoffman, Bittencourt, Leitner have all been touted as BVBs next wonderkids and failed. There are no guarantees at anything. Jude may well back himself to succeed there, of course, but can also back himself to succeed here.

Ultimately, I think he shouldn’t be looking at this as us signing a normal young player. £35m 16 year olds shouldn’t be worried about getting a chance as much.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Things aren't as black and white as you're making them out to be. Have you ever moved to a foreign country for work? Imagine doing that as a 16 year, not even out of school. He's a kid.
Well I was born in Hong Kong... moved at 16 to another country for school
Another country at 18 for uni
Another country at 21 for post grad
Another country at 23 for work and I've worked in 10 countries for at least 6 month stints and have lived full time in 3 countries...
So yeah ... its not black and white both are good options too be weighed up and he will pick whats rights for him... personally in his shoes I think I'd go to Germany

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Indeed, they sign a lot of young players who do not become superstars too! Some don’t get much game time either, it needs to be earned. In recent years the likes of Isak, Ginter, Bruun Larsen, Hoffman, Bittencourt, Leitner have all been touted as BVBs next wonderkids and failed. There are no guarantees at anything. Jude may well back himself to succeed there, of course, but can also back himself to succeed here.

Ultimately, I think he shouldn’t be looking at this as us signing a normal young player. £35m 16 year olds shouldn’t be worried about getting a chance as much.

Hofmann, Leitner, Bittencourt and Bruun Larsen - really? They were signed for a combined fee of €3m which tells you all you need to know about their valuation and they might as well be a different species compared to a 16 year old the club is willing to spend around €30m on.
Ginter was a starter for two seasons, I think Isak is the only one on that list who has cause to complain.
I doubt anyone has illusions about guaranteed success, Dortmund's pitch is that they give minutes to players quite early, that they are committed to playing attacking football and that their squad turnover and structure makes it easier to rise in the ranks. How much they make of it is always up to the players.

I also think the moving aspect is overstated. Yes it won't be easy, but basically everyone speaks English, it's not like he's going to sign up for isolation.

SAFMUTD

I still cant see the hype for this kid, other than the fact that he’s a 16/17 year old playing as starter in the championship I dont see any special attributes in him.

I know he’s young and everything but with Camavinga you can see he’s a special player, I just dont get the feeling with Bellingham. But of course I’ve only seen compilations from him, havent watched him in a full game.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The kid would have mates as well in England and has he finished his education?
It would be hard going to another country when your only social outlet are your folks.
That's probably why his father is leaning towards Dortmund. He can go there without much distraction and concentrate on his football.

Last edited:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
It’s always funny how upset some people get on here when it’s suggested a player might have the audacity to prefer to join a different club. :lol: Dortmund seems to be an especially touchy suggestion too.

beingshe7don

Bellingham is no doubt a talented player but I think for his overall development, it's probably best he leaves the PL and perhaps play competitive football in the German league. However, I don't get how he would get game time. Dortmund seem to be stacked with young talent.

crossy1686

career ending
It’s always funny how upset some people get on here when it’s suggested a player might have the audacity to prefer to join a different club. :lol: Dortmund seems to be an especially touchy suggestion too.
It's nothing to do with a player joining another club that annoys me, Haaland for example, I was absolutely fine with that, he preferred their offer good luck to him, same for Jude, good luck to him if he goes there.

What annoys me is that apparent United fan's say stuff like "if I were him I'd sign for Dortmund, United are shit, we'll never win anything. Why would any one sign for us". You'd honestly think we'd been relegated to the bottom tier the way people go on, and then they have the audacity to laud every other club in the world that did well in the last 5 minutes.

The short-termism is frightening from our fans.

croadyman

Bellingham is no doubt a talented player but I think for his overall development, it's probably best he leaves the PL and perhaps play competitive football in the German league. However, I don't get how he would get game time. Dortmund seem to be stacked with young talent.
Yeah Utd should say to Dortmund we will clear the path for you to Bellingham if you are willing to negotiate a price that suits both parties for Sancho

Pav1878

I still cant see the hype for this kid, other than the fact that he’s a 16/17 year old playing as starter in the championship I dont see any special attributes in him.

I know he’s young and everything but with Camavinga you can see he’s a special player, I just dont get the feeling with Bellingham. But of course I’ve only seen compilations from him, havent watched him in a full game.
I'm with you on this one.

If there is this much hype surrounding a player of his age, you expect more. But I stand to be corrected.

Bondi77

That's probably why his father is leaning towards Dortmund. He can go there without much distraction and concentrate on his football.
I would not think having friends is a distraction but it is part having a balanced happy life and to be good at something you have to be happy doing it.
Examples like Ravel and Gazza are not the norm .

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I would not think having friends is a distraction but it is part having a balanced happy life and to be good at something you have to be happy doing it.
Examples like Ravel and Gazza are not the norm .
There will be many opportunities to make friendships in Dortmund just like he would in Manchester.

Bondi77

He wouldn't need one in Germany either. Because when I visited last year most Germans had a good grasp of the English language.
A good grasp would be handy in the language of love.

beingshe7don

Yeah Utd should say to Dortmund we will clear the path for you to Bellingham if you are willing to negotiate a price that suits both parties for Sancho
Unfortunately, Bellingham has already made his mind up of moving to Dortmund. So I'm not sure if we could use that tactic.

Sea-Cow

I'm with you on this one.

If there is this much hype surrounding a player of his age, you expect more. But I stand to be corrected.
I obviously don't have the answer, but maybe it also has to do with his performances for England against other lads his age.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I obviously don't have the answer, but maybe it also has to do with his performances for England against other lads his age.
He’s a super talent I think. To be as good as he is at his age is scary. He’s odds on to be a midfield star if he makes the right move. Can do everything.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Going by the videos his dribbling seems pretty insane for someone his age and size. He also appears to have some defensive contribution about him. If he can get his output up to top level he can probably play anywhere in midfield and even if not he looks primed to be a great ball carrying CM.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’ve also started noticing that he’s decently 2 footed. Not on someone like masons level but he’s not afraid to shoot cross or pass with the left when he needs to. I’d really like us to get this lad and start taking these world class potential youngsters and using them as squad players to start with.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I’ve also started noticing that he’s decently 2 footed. Not on someone like masons level but he’s not afraid to shoot cross or pass with the left when he needs to. I’d really like us to get this lad and start taking these world class potential youngsters and using them as squad players to start with.
Really? His left looks very weak (I'm sure he'll get better with age), he's just not afraid to use is which is good.

He looks a really good player though, hopefully he has the right mentality to make the most of his abilities.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Can he become the next Pogba with his skillset and playing as a midfielder?
Don’t think he has the passing range, but he has everything else by the looks of it, and superior defensive skills it seems. He seems to have grit and love a tackle, and will likely be physically imposing by the time he’s 22 or so.

LuckyScout78

He looks like he has that winning mentality and a dominance presence.

He can play domestic cup games and come in as a sub, as a cm. If United are 2/3 nil upfront, like that.

And he is so similar to Axel Witsel. And Witsel is light weight and still has the legs. He is still really young. So he will get few minutes here and there.

And compared him the highest level of a young cm who could match the premier league. Still I haven’t seen a better player than Fabregas, playing beside Viera. This boy is not that level yet. Football head and skills. Fabregas was a wonder kid, on the level as Rooney as CF/a nr.10 playmaker.

But again, the mentality and character are there to see. But as a football player and CM. Not a top level yet. But if he keep working hard. Come to United. Learning from Pogba, Bruno and the aggressive of McTominay and mentality. He will have the best mentors with those players. McTominay, Bruno are winning head.

So from this moment. I think it’s only between United and Dortmund. Of Dortmund CM. I only know a lot about Witsel. I don’t know about the cm level. So i am not sure about Dortmund CM level. And because of the level of Bundesliga is lower than premier league. So he shall think whats most important for his development. Then pick after that. You always working to become a better player.
There are many factors. Minutes will help and learning from the best mentors will help too. So it is exciting to see which club he choose. Premier league is well known for the toughest and most aggressive league. So you know how good and fast Fabregas was. If this boy is close to that level. Then he is definitely one to go after.

Status
Not open for further replies.