Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk buttercup

Good luck to him. Will be interesting to see how he develops there , I will be keeping an eye on him out of interest . Who knows in a few years .

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jude_Bellingham

" Jude Victor William Bellingham (born 29 June 2003) is an English footballer who plays as a midfielder for Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund. "

I feel moderately offended that Sir Alex Ferguson was not enough to convince his dad that is son should play for Manchester United.

As it stands, with the very likely prospect of covid-19 resufracing in a new outbreak following the onset of flu season, European countries are going to ban travel again. Bellingham is going to spend christmas tucked away in a apartment in Dortmund by himself. That makes santa sad :(

forevrared

If he goes to Dortmund and we somehow end up buying him sancho and halaand off them then we are bigger fools than I thought. If he goes there we should go back into the market and take a risk on another young talent with a similar profile.
The fact is Dortmund are in a much better position than we are to give youth a chance right now and they've built a club culture that reinforces that. They have more than enough established players to stay in the CL without much risk and they play in a much weaker league. Nevertheless, plenty of their 'stars' don't go on to similar success elsewhere - just look at the last two players we bought off them.

We've been desperately trying to claw our way back to the top for years and as much as we all love our 'give youth a chance' history, the financial stakes are higher than ever now and we all know the powers that be at United will never bet their investment on throwing a bunch of unproven kids into the starting eleven and hoping for the best. Not saying I agree with that, but that's reality.

If Sancho/Haaland/Bellingham/whoever else is eventually the right player for us, then it might make more sense for us to let them develop more completely by playing every week with less pressure and buying them when they're ready to play at United every week.

TrustInOle

He’s a super talent I think. To be as good as he is at his age is scary. He’s odds on to be a midfield star if he makes the right move. Can do everything.

Any one else get serious Zidane vibes when watching him play? Not see much of him live, but from what I have seen he seems incredibley technical for his age.

Champagne Football

The latest rumours out of Germany show that Mark Ogden can't be trusted. Just 24 hours earlier he chanced his arm and took a guess with an article that we were favourites for Bellingham. He was clearly taking a wild punt and hoping it paid off.

pascell

Pogba, Rashford, Lingard, McTominay, Greenwood, Williams, Tuanzebe & A.Pereira are 1st team players and Gomes, Chong & Garner have played a couple of league games too.

Fosu-Mensah would be another homegrown player.

17 other players in our squad aren't homegrown players.
I wonder if Shaw, Maguire, James and AWB count towards homegrown or is it just academy graduates?

If its just academy graduates, next season we could also have Laird and Mengi getting minutes along the way too.

TrustInOle

Pogba, Rashford, Lingard, McTominay, Greenwood, Williams, Tuanzebe & A.Pereira are 1st team players and Gomes, Chong & Garner have played a couple of league games too.

Fosu-Mensah would be another homegrown player.

17 other players in our squad aren't homegrown players.
Exceptional stuff by Ole and the team.

Last edited:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
The latest rumours out of Germany show that Mark Ogden can't be trusted. Just 24 hours earlier he chanced his arm and took a guess with an article that we were favourites for Bellingham. He was clearly taking a wild punt and hoping it paid off.
I remember when Mark was considered gospel when it came to transfers. How the mighty have fallen.

M15 Red.

He's the great nephew of John Bellingham. The bloke who murdered a Tory Prime Minister. I say we sign him.

Reactions: 711

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There isn't any latest rumours out of Germany. Falk is reporting what Bild reported in March.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There isn't any latest rumours out of Germany. Falk is reporting what Bild reported in March.
I guess that is still the latest if his information has told him that what he said in March was still the case. If it were true in March and true now, he’s not going to just change it to sound like he’s got an update.

Obviously, we still hope this isn’t the case, but him saying the same thing today as he said in March may also mean that his information has been, and still is correct.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I guess that is still the latest if his information has told him that what he said in March was still the case. If it were true in March and true now, he’s not going to just change it to sound like he’s got an update.

Obviously, we still hope this isn’t the case, but him saying the same thing today as he said in March may also mean that his information has been, and still is correct.
He's sticking to what Dortmund have told his outlet. But I feel we still might be in with a shout.

Based Adnan

https://utdreport.co.uk/2020/06/11/...ld-sportbild-head-of-football-christian-falk/
I think the Sancho way is a big advertisement for the Bundesliga for English talents. Sancho wouldn’t have got this chance at City as quickly. Pep Guardiola apparently even spoke to the bosses of Bayern, saying that Sancho was difficult. Nevertheless, Bayern still wanted Sancho. Sancho decided against the top club Bayern, which has experienced stars similar to City & co. in England.

The strong clubs in the Bundesliga, behind Bayern, offer talented English players a chance to play, even internationally. Bellingham will therefore also go to Dortmund, not United. You will see. Our information is that he has chosen Borussia Dortmund.
Full quote. Certainly sounds confident.

forevrared

There are big differences in expectations and pressure between a homegrown player and one that costs £40-50m at the same age. We've had loads contribute, but only Rashford and perhaps Greenwood would've looked the part at prices mentioned for Bellingham - and even then, the leash is a bit longer when they're one of your own.

Deery

Dreary
Anyone else take it as a personal insult when these guys don’t sign and wish nothing but bad for them their whole career or is it just me?

flappyjay

Anyone else take it as a personal insult when these guys don’t sign and wish nothing but bad for them their whole career or is it just me?
For me not necessarily, young players have been turning down big clubs for dortmund for a while now. They are not looking down on Manchester United hence why they are open to joining us when they are a bit more established.

sp_107

Dortmund pitching themselves to attract best young players with low release clauses or promise of selling them for right offers unlike other big clubs. No doubt they are suddenly an appealing club to youngsters across the continent.Looks like they are taking out a leaf from Porto's book.

After the effort UTD put in if he still goes to Dortmund I cant blame our commitment but we need to step up again that every lad should dream of playing for UTD atleast in UK.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Dortmund are just seen as a training ground these days anyway, an interim step.

Sancho, Haaland and now Bellingham. Get a few years good practice and then join a proper big club.

davidmichael

Dortmund are just seen as a training ground these days anyway, an interim step.

Sancho, Haaland and now Bellingham. Get a few years good practice and then join a proper big club.
I agree as they’ve basically become Ajax without actually bringing players through their own academy, don’t get me wrong how they develop young players and bring them on is brilliant and it’s a method that works well for them in modern football with how everything is money wise.

Teams like us, City, Chelsea, Liverpool to an extent, Barca, Real, Juve, Bayern and PSG are so far ahead of everyone else financially and will be for the foreseeable future that it means teams like Dortmund, Ajax, Lyon and Atletico have to go and find young players with lots of potential then hope they work out or develop their own through their academy.

cyberman

I agree as they’ve basically become Ajax without actually bringing players through their own academy, don’t get me wrong how they develop young players and bring them on is brilliant and it’s a method that works well for them in modern football with how everything is money wise.

Teams like us, City, Chelsea, Liverpool to an extent, Barca, Real, Juve, Bayern and PSG are so far ahead of everyone else financially and will be for the foreseeable future that it means teams like Dortmund, Ajax, Lyon and Atletico have to go and find young players with lots of potential then hope they work out or develop their own through their academy.
Who have Dortmund really developed though?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I wonder is there any chance we can land Carney Chukwuemeka from Aston Villa instead? I seriously doubt it seem as Villa have wealthy owners. But he's meant to be every bit as good as Bellingham and plays similar position.
I’ve had the pleasure of watching this lad play and he was absolutely head and shoulders above any of the other players each time I’ve seen him.

It was one of those moments where you think a player is on another level.

The fact is Dortmund are in a much better position than we are to give youth a chance right now and they've built a club culture that reinforces that. They have more than enough established players to stay in the CL without much risk and they play in a much weaker league. Nevertheless, plenty of their 'stars' don't go on to similar success elsewhere - just look at the last two players we bought off them.

We've been desperately trying to claw our way back to the top for years and as much as we all love our 'give youth a chance' history, the financial stakes are higher than ever now and we all know the powers that be at United will never bet their investment on throwing a bunch of unproven kids into the starting eleven and hoping for the best. Not saying I agree with that, but that's reality.

If Sancho/Haaland/Bellingham/whoever else is eventually the right player for us, then it might make more sense for us to let them develop more completely by playing every week with less pressure and buying them when they're ready to play at United every week.
I was going to disagree with this and then the below post got ahead of me.

We absolutely give opportunities under Solskjaer to youth and he would absolutely have been given games.
:keano:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Who have Dortmund really developed though?
They have players every year... Buy younger players or those coming from smaller leagues that big clubs are iffy about if they can make the step up. They then perform at Dortmund and move on a few years later without much drama at a fair price. Sancho, Haaland, Dembele, Pulisic, Gio Reyna now, previously with Hummels/Gotze/Lewandowski/Sahin/ Mkhitaryan/Kagawa etc. They have loads of appeal with their ground, their fans, their style of play year after year, their tendency to give these players exposure in a league that lets them show their talents, in a team that plays open football where they can shine more...

Career wise, its a perfect choice for so many young players and probably the best place to develop quickly before the step up to a top top club.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Lewa, Sancho, Hummels, Kagawa, Gotze, Auba, Reus, Sahin, Pulisic, Subotic, Mikhi, Gundogan, O. Dembele, T Hazard, Brandt, Weigl, Kehl etc
Agreed just because they didn’t all come through an academy it doesn’t mean they haven’t been developed.

All those players were given chances to shine that other clubs may not have done.

MetoTTT

The real question is who Man United developed since Fergie left? The club bought a lot of players young or etablished, some supposed to be good to world class. Most of them turned to be sh**e here.
So if you were a young ambitious player, why you would come here?

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
The real question is who Man United developed since Fergie left? The club bought a lot of players young or etablished, even supposed to be good to world class. Most of them turned to be sh**e here.
Rashford, Greenwood, Mctominay, Williams, Tuanzebe, Fred

Champagne Football

I think the sudden links with Van De Beek and Tolisso would suggest that the board has gotten word in the past few days that Jude ain't coming, and they're scrambling for the Plan B options.

crossy1686

career ending
I think the sudden links with Van De Beek and Tolisso would suggest that the board has gotten word in the past few days that Jude ain't coming, and they're scrambling for the Plan B options.
I think those two names have come from the clubs they currently play for trying to get a bidding war going. Agents and people close to United have denied claims for both.

cyberman

Lewa, Sancho, Hummels, Kagawa, Gotze, Auba, Reus, Sahin, Pulisic, Subotic, Mikhi, Gundogan, O. Dembele, T Hazard, Brandt, Weigl, Kehl etc
Half of them were bought and sold years ago, before their current strat though.
Im not arguing that they dont play well for Dortmund but it only seems to be for Dortmund so are they really being fully developed?
They have a style that has quick transitions in an open league with miles of room and Dortmund know how to use these players for that purpose but it really seems like thats it.
Their player development abilities are vastly overblown. Their appeal of devloping there and moving on to bigger things just doesn't happen.

romufc

Auba joined at 24
Reus was developed by Borussia Mönchengladbach and re-signed by BVB
Brandt, T. Hazard have only joined this season and Hazard has been doing it in previous seasons.
Sahin - that is like us saying we developed Cleverly, Gibson etc.
Dembele was at Dortmund for 1 season.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

MetoTTT

Auba joined at 24
Reus was developed by Borussia Mönchengladbach and re-signed by BVB
Brandt, T. Hazard have only joined this season and Hazard has been doing it in previous seasons.
Sahin - that is like us saying we developed Cleverly, Gibson etc.
Dembele was at Dortmund for 1 season.
Agreed but most of them made the next step/level at BVB. Drogba became a world class striker at Chelsea, Henry at Arsenal etc. So it does count.
It doesn't matters if we bring young players or not, their price etc. The most important thing is to develop them to excellent/world class and win again.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Shaw is the only one of those who count as he moved to us just in time.

https://www.transfermarkt.com.mt/manchester-united/localplayer/verein/985

TFM, CBJ and Joel pad the numbers out as they've barely played for years.
That report is not clear. AWB, Maguire are also home grown player as they are trained in England and will be counted as HG player in the 25 player squad list (For PL)

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1335777

If they meant academy trained player then yeah, Shaw counts but others won't.

romufc

Agreed but most of them made the next step/level at BVB.
Agreed, but alot of clubs have that as well. Granted not to the levels of Dortmund.

The thing about Dortmund is they can do that, there seems to be no pressure from fans to win the league of CL compared to say United.

So they can gamble of young players and giving them a chance, playing CL football and playing for 2nd place. There is alot less pressure so players can develop.

Everytime you think Dortmund are going to be a force, they sell their best players at a prime age and almost have to start again.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
That report is not clear. AWB, Maguire are also home grown player as they are trained in England and will be counted as HG player in the 25 player squad list (For PL)

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1335777

If they meant academy trained player then yeah, Shaw counts but others won't.
It says in the image.

They'll have just gone to the "local player" TM link for each club, which is what I posted for United. AWB and Maguire won't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.