Jules Koundé | Signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I do not know a huge amount about Kounde but I recall reading he's a very capable CB, RB and can also operate as a DM. He's 23 years old and high potential, I would really be for the move. A proper coach will maximize him for sure in one position, but to know he can slot in other roles seamlessly would be big.
Let say we were to get Poch, if we were to move to a system like he implemented at Spurs, he'd be fantastic for the Dier/Wanyama role.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Got another unnecessary red card (not that I wouldnt want to smack Alba). Didnt he get one for France recently as well? Seems a bit of an idiot. Don't want.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Bit of a weird bump seeing as though we aren't in for him and this thread hasn't been active for a month.

RUCK4444

Got another unnecessary red card (not that I wouldnt want to smack Alba). Didnt he get one for France recently as well? Seems a bit of an idiot. Don't want.
Whenever I’ve seen him he seems a bit erratic, I don’t think we’re linked anyway though.

Ralaks

One of the rare cases where he should be applauded, just a shame he didn't hit him more cleanly straight on the noggin.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Bit of a weird bump seeing as though we aren't in for him and this thread hasn't been active for a month.
I have seen some rumors and talk on here that we're in for him over quite a long period of time.

He's a France international, not sure what's wrong with bumping a thread of a big upcoming player.

G-manc

It's not to say he's not a good player but i don't think i've ever seen him have a good game.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Probably the same people that say that English players are overhyped who end up hyping these types of players.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
It's not to say he's not a good player but i don't think i've ever seen him have a good game.
Didn't he get in the LA Liga team of the season last season?.
Probably the same people that say that English players are overhyped who end up hyping these types of players.
Or he is just rated and hyped because he is a good player.

Ekeke

How many Sevilla matches have you watched?

Sevilla have the best defensive record in the league with 13 conceeded in 18 games and he's their best defender. Not just that but he can dribble and play a pass too

Unless you think Diego Carlos, who I've seen have far more cock ups, is the one holding it all together?

The keeper is pretty good Bounou but I'm sure its not just him

G-manc

How many Sevilla matches have you watched?

Sevilla have the best defensive record in the league with 13 conceeded in 18 games and he's their best defender. Not just that but he can dribble and play a pass too

Unless you think Diego Carlos, who I've seen have far more cock ups, is the one holding it all together?

The keeper is pretty good Bounou but I'm sure its not just him
Not many, probably 6-8, hence why i said it's not to say he's not a good player.

It's not that he was particularly bad, he just didn't stand out for me over anyone else. I tend to think the same whenever i see Pau Torres.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I couldn't watch sevilla as much as I would have liked to this season so how is he doing this season?
Was the hype justified ?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I couldn't watch sevilla as much as I would have liked to this season so how is he doing this season?
Was the hype justified ?
He hasn't reached the heights of last season but he's played well considering he was used a lot at RB and has been playing with niggling injuries. If he could be bought for 50m he'd definitely be worth a shot. Him and Varane :drool:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He hasn't reached the heights of last season but he's played well considering he was used a lot at RB and has been playing with niggling injuries. If he could be bought for 50m he'd definitely be worth a shot. Him and Varane :drool:
Thanks!

Ekeke

Was the hype justified ?

Sevilla have the best defensive record this season in la liga by 2 ahead of Madrid

I would say its slightly more of a combined effort this season than before. Last season he was clearly the standout of their backline and this season Diego Carlos is doing a better job helping him out than he did last season. Acuna is playing leftback for Sevilla and he hasnt been rated defensively in the past, one of the prominent blame targets for Argentina not doing well in previous years. Usually he's very much a left wingback or left midfielder but he plays leftback for Sevilla this season and has been a contribution to them going forward. So in other words Sevilla's CBs probably have to cover more this season than in the past and have managed it.

All in all once again he's proven to be good in a team with an outstanding defensive record and he looks the best at it at 23 years old. You are unlikely to find someone younger who is better. So thats why he deserves the hype. If he was 29 years old like Diego Carlos he'd just be a good option among several

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Sevilla have the best defensive record this season in la liga by 2 ahead of Madrid

I would say its slightly more of a combined effort this season than before. Last season he was clearly the standout of their backline and this season Diego Carlos is doing a better job helping him out than he did last season. Acuna is playing leftback for Sevilla and he hasnt been rated defensively in the past, one of the prominent blame targets for Argentina not doing well in previous years. Usually he's very much a left wingback or left midfielder but he plays leftback for Sevilla this season and has been a contribution to them going forward. So in other words Sevilla's CBs probably have to cover more this season than in the past and have managed it.

All in all once again he's proven to be good in a team with an outstanding defensive record and he looks the best at it at 23 years old. You are unlikely to find someone younger who is better. So thats why he deserves the hype. If he was 29 years old like Diego Carlos he'd just be a good option among several
Do you think he would fit us well?
Could he maybe fill in here as a rightback?

Ekeke

Do you think he would fit us well?
Could he maybe fill in here as a rightback?
He could but he's better than our CBs and would likely cost too much to want to put him at rightback. He can dribble and get forward from CB but if we compare him to fullbacks he's not likely to have end product the way they are expected to these days

As a CB he'd improve us but I doubt we'd have as good a defensive record as Sevilla just by signing him. He's not VVD or something like that. But I dont think there are any of those available. I think at best he'd have an impact like Thiago Silva at Chelsea which is still good but not quite as good as VVD coming in. I think if Chelsea had Rudiger, Kounde and Chalobah they'd have a similar or slightly better defensive record than now with them still being behind City and Liverpool in that regard

Edit - I'll also throw this one out there just to see how good this suggestion looks in a couple of years time as they mature. But last summer I was 100% on wanting us to sign Romero. He's gone to Spurs and has had some good games, but also missed plenty of games.

Before that Kounde would have been my pick and now that he's no longer available I'd go with Kounde again. However, ideally I would have been most impressed with us signing both of them and having Romero and Kounde together in the next couple of years. I think that would be a partnership that could compete with Liverpool and City for the best defence. So lets see in a couple of years if Romero and Kounde seems like it would have been a great duo, or if I'm wrong and one or both dont end up among the better CBs around.

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He could but he's better than our CBs and would likely cost too much to want to put him at rightback. He can dribble and get forward from CB but if we compare him to fullbacks he's not likely to have end product the way they are expected to these days

As a CB he'd improve us but I doubt we'd have as good a defensive record as Sevilla just by signing him. He's not VVD or something like that. But I dont think there are any of those available. I think at best he'd have an impact like Thiago Silva at Chelsea which is still good but not quite as good as VVD coming in. I think if Chelsea had Rudiger, Kounde and Chalobah they'd have a similar or slightly better defensive record than now with them still being behind City and Liverpool in that regard

Edit - I'll also throw this one out there just to see how good this suggestion looks in a couple of years time as they mature. But last summer I was 100% on wanting us to sign Romero. He's gone to Spurs and has had some good games, but also missed plenty of games.

Before that Kounde would have been my pick and now that he's no longer available I'd go with Kounde again. However, ideally I would have been most impressed with us signing both of them and having Romero and Kounde together in the next couple of years. I think that would be a partnership that could compete with Liverpool and City for the best defence. So lets see in a couple of years if Romero and Kounde seems like it would have been a great duo, or if I'm wrong and one or both dont end up among the better CBs around.
Interesting, thanks for the reply.
I'm a bit concerned about his height and whether he could cope with aerial threats as he would be too expensive to risk buying if he's not the complete package.

As you said we'll find out.
Romero is a player i also like , such a dirty cnut but he still needs to improve in my opinion.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Makes sense, Rudiger out, Kounde in.
Think we still need someone to come in for Rudiger - Kounde is a right sided CB / emergency RB and he's not good enough with his left foot to play on that side. He's more like the Christensen / Azpilicueta replacement - looks like Gvardiol is the preference to step in for Rudiger.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If 55m euros is the asking price, I can see Chelsea offering that no problems. The figures I read last week were closer to 80m euros, which I doubt Chelsea would ever go near.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
If 55m euros is the asking price, I can see Chelsea offering that no problems. The figures I read last week were closer to 80m euros, which I doubt Chelsea would ever go near.
hard to believe that this won't happen. He already wanted to leave last summer and at times this was noticeable on the pitch, despite him being very professional. Sevilla won't hold out for 80m€. I would be surprised if he would cost more than 60-65m€, probably less.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
hard to believe that this won't happen. He already wanted to leave last summer and at times this was noticeable on the pitch, despite him being very professional. Sevilla won't hold out for 80m€. I would be surprised if he would cost more than 60-65m€, probably less.
I think this deal is all but done. Barring something crazy, Kounde will be the first new player of the summer. Romano and Matt Law both say Kounde and Chelsea have had the personal terms stuff agreed since last summer. It just boils down to nailing down a transfer fee. Sevilla rejected a 60m euros offer last summer and Chelsea weren't willing to go higher.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I think this deal is all but done. Barring something crazy, Kounde will be the first new player of the summer. Romano and Matt Law both say Kounde and Chelsea have had the personal terms stuff agreed since last summer. It just boils down to nailing down a transfer fee. Sevilla rejected a 60m euros offer last summer and Chelsea weren't willing to go higher.
Konde was spotted in London a few days ago so unless it's a complete coincidence he'll be a Chelsea player next season probably for around the 60m€ that was turned down last season. Disappointed he isn't coming to us. Impressed with him as a player.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Villa signing Diego Carlos today could potentially draw this transfer out to the last week of the window given that Sevilla will be looking to replace him with 1 or maybe 2 CBs before they sanction the Kounde move. feck off Stevie Starfish.

EtH

Villa signing Diego Carlos today could potentially draw this transfer out to the last week of the window given that Sevilla will be looking to replace him with 1 or maybe 2 CBs before they sanction the Kounde move. feck off Stevie Starfish.
Ah. Been a long time since I heard that one. Made me chuckle. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.