Jules Koundé | Signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Royal

What a bad week for him, missed out on moving to Chelsea, sent off for France and seems to be upset with Sevilla now.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
What a bad week for him, missed out on moving to Chelsea, sent off for France and seems to be upset with Sevilla now.
Wouldn't you? he agreed personal terms, clubs verbally agreed a fee and then Monchi decided to try and be clever once he saw we sold Zouma.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
50m for him seemed good money, I doubt they'll get a similar offer and end up losing him for much less.

Gandalf

Wouldn't you? he agreed personal terms, clubs verbally agreed a fee and then Monchi decided to try and be clever once he saw we sold Zouma.
At the end of the day he signed a contract with a release clause in it. You can argue that Monchi was trying to be clever but if Chelsea were that sold on him they knew the price and it was fairly reasonable, he has as much right to be mad at Chelsea for not being willing to meet the clause or he can just be mad at himself for agreeing the contract in the first place.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
At the end of the day he signed a contract with a release clause in it. You can argue that Monchi was trying to be clever but if Chelsea were that sold on him they knew the price and it was fairly reasonable, he has as much right to be mad at Chelsea for not being willing to meet the clause or he can just be mad at himself for agreeing the contract in the first place.
Not Kounde fault more down to his agent. Sevilla were happy to sell him in the market for less than his release clause though. Sevilla only wanted the release clause paid when they couldn't or didn't have time to find a replacement. £68M his release clause?
Its alot of money but i think he is worth, but when Chelsea verbally agreed a fee of £42.5M i can see why they didnt' want to.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
50m for him seemed good money, I doubt they'll get a similar offer and end up losing him for much less.
I agree, although i'm worried Real Madrid might go for him in January now to replace Varane.
I cant see him turning Madrid down for us.

The One and Only

Sevilla had rejected a similar bid from City last year. City passed and decided to buy Dias instead which worked out well for them. Sevilla have always been steadfast in their demands for Kounde. Pay the release clause or he stays

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I agree, although i'm worried Real Madrid might go for him in January now to replace Varane.
I cant see him turning Madrid down for us.
They also have Valverde, Militao and Alaba. They won’t be rushing to spend €50-60m on Kounde. They will want to beef up the attack besides getting Mbappe. Benz, Bale, Kroos, Isco and Modric are all aging.

Jaxa

Kinda glad we skipped on this guy tbh

Seems like a bit of a sulk plus i have never been impressed once while watching him, granted only 22 so loads of room for improvement but for 60m no fanx

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
They also have Valverde, Militao and Alaba. They won’t be rushing to spend €50-60m on Kounde. They will want to beef up the attack besides getting Mbappe. Benz, Bale, Kroos, Isco and Modric are all aging.
I thought Valverde played more in midfield?.

ti vu

The state of management at this club makes it hard to dismiss any news as false.

Varane would be back by then, and we have enough cover for CB position. Varane injury record the past 3 years for RM is not an issue. If we're worried about him being injury prone, we should be better by looking at the management, and the club medical department instead.

Kounde is not that great so that we have to buy when he's up for sale without a plan to fit him in, given we didn't have money to reinforce the CM position.

Pep's Suit

What's the point in trying to buy the title when you have a comically bad manager?

MUFC OK

Transfer story leak to deflect from our dire situation and rouse positive energy in the fanbase, nothing to see.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We could sign Best and Charlton and Maradona and Beckenbauer and still would be poor under this manager.

Seen some sky sports video today that said if Pep or klopp or Tuchel had this squad we win the league. At the bare minimum we would be playing much better.

Brophs

The One and Only
Sound more like Sevilla are trying to hurry up someone else, presumably Chelsea.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I think this might be in response to comments made by Tuchel in a presser. He was asked about Kounde and his reply was that our needs will be assessed in the window, after Trevoh becoming a strong player for Chelsea. I think Sevilla are trying to make sure other teams are looking.

"I think you have to evaluate every transfer period because you can not say that what we wanted to do during the summer we do during the winter or next summer. It is not like that. Your opinion changes, players change, you have development in the group.

"You have an atmosphere that you build, you see who is absolutely reliable and these connections build up and hopefully create something special in the group.

"So you can not say that what we tried in the summer that did not happen ... that we will try again in the winter. Sometimes it's so if we see the same need, but clearly Trevoh is here with us now and he deserves to be here with us. It had nothing to do with whether we can recruit another defender or not. But he stepped up. The responsibility lay even more on his shoulders and he can handle it so far in a very impressive way. This is the situation and it will affect our next decision in the coming transfer period."

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Definitely sounds like an agent leak to chivvy Chelsea up. Even Woodward can't be enough of a dipshit not to realise that a DM is what would excite the fans rather than a CB.

Robertd0803

Definitely sounds like an agent leak to chivvy Chelsea up. Even Woodward can't be enough of a dipshit not to realise that a DM is what would excite the fans rather than a CB.
Exactly. Its not even remotley likely even for a club as badly run as ours to spend 80million on another central defender when we have a planet sized hole in our midfield.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't think a CB should be of immediate concern for us. But I do think we're gonna need someone to come in to be a able understudy to Varane in the next few years. And I hope we're keeping an eye on Loic Bade at French club Rennes. Still only 21, but has the physical and technical attributes to develop into a very promising CB IMO.

Ekeke

Injuries (Varane), Bailly leaving, Tuanzabe not standing out at Villa and most likely signing for them or someone similar, Maguire's poor form

Makes a new quality CB a good idea

Castia

You could have prime Cannavaro and Nesta at CB but with McFred sitting in front and our non organised/clueless setup we’d still be losing 5-0 to Liverpool.

RatPack

You could have prime Cannavaro and Nesta at CB but with McFred sitting in front and our non organised/clueless setup we’d still be losing 5-0 to Liverpool.
Completely agree. We can keep buying CB but without a great CDM they will just be average.
We have missed a CDM for more than 3 years now.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So are the club acknowledging that £80m on Maguire was money wasted?
Or are there serious plans of going forward with a back 5?

If so, does that mean the club are acknowledging that £100m on Sancho, Amad & Pellistri was money wasted?
Or perhaps its true that our incredible World class coaches are going to convert Sancho into a RWB?

If so, does that mean the club are acknowledging that £50m on Wan Bissaka, and potentially another £30m on Trippier was money wasted?

Do you think someone could step forward and take responsibility for any of this??

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
No thanks. 1 Lindelof is enough
I just have a thing for atleast one left footed CB in our squad.

Could help us during Maguires form or playing in a 352 for that wider ball playing action. I mean we see Shaw as our LCB at times if something happens to Maguire which is a bit worrying.

We have Maguire, Varane, Lindelof and Bailly as right footed CB.

I'd hope that someone like Mengi- if he is good as has been talked about by some of the Derby lot then he can go and be one too as a younger option.

I personally don't rate Bailly and would sell him for a left footed option - Pau Torres is from Villareal and so was Eric Bailly so just thought a little bit about a swap or something.

But maybe your right, there maybe better options - still prefer left footed ones though.

Other left footed players I don't know much about but keep my eyes on- Gvardiol, Martinez, Botman, Morato.

Presto

Imagine bringing a 5'10" - 5'11'" (1m78) CB to a heavy physical oriented league where aerial duels happen frequently every single game...

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Don't believe in those rumours at all. We're playing without a functional midfield and we'd spunk another 80m on a centre back. Maybe Sevilla are regretting not cashing in during the summer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Imagine spunking 80m more on a defender with our midfield like it is.
I do not know a huge amount about Kounde but I recall reading he's a very capable CB, RB and can also operate as a DM. He's 23 years old and high potential, I would really be for the move. A proper coach will maximize him for sure in one position, but to know he can slot in other roles seamlessly would be big.

Status
Not open for further replies.