Jules Koundé | Signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

CG1010

I'll assume English isn't your first language? But I love this word, can we make it a word.

This isn't the first report this summer and that we're after two centre backs. And doesn't fit the narrative that we're trying to pressure Madrid as it doesn't say he's an alternative.
It isn't but to be fair this was the autocorrect on my phone :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We are not spending €60m+ on a CB that probably won't start.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Lindelof needs upgradation but he would be great to have as third CB. He is dependably average and can do a job. We had a very good defensive record with him to be fair.
I’d argue it would have been even better without him, to be fair.

dal

If we are buying both maybe Ole think one can potentially play as midfield/rb cover too.

Kounde isn’t out of the realms of possibility considering we were after trippier but at the fee quoted it does seem unlikely.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It would be interesting to see if he views him as a more versatile option to Rice. He could be the "3rd CB" DM role, RB cover and a CB in a 3.

RUCK4444

Buy all the players, all of them. Build digs at Carrington if needs be.

Seriously though I like his versatility and I think Ole would as well. Can’t see it happening unless a few CB’s are leaving.

Loan Tuenzebe, sell Bailly and put Jones out to pasture. Then get this lad in who can cover a few positions.

Then renew Pogs, sign a top DM and next summer get Haaland. Bingo PL and CL double.

Ekeke

If we are buying both maybe Ole think one can potentially play as midfield/rb cover too.

Kounde isn’t out of the realms of possibility considering we were after trippier but at the fee quoted it does seem unlikely.
He can certainly play fullback at least. Good on the ball in that way. I'd give midfield a miss

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Buy all the players, all of them. Build digs at Carrington if needs be.

Seriously though I like his versatility and I think Ole would as well. Can’t see it happening unless a few CB’s are leaving.

Loan Tuenzebe, sell Bailly and put Jones out to pasture. Then get this lad in who can cover a few positions.

Then renew Pogs, sign a top DM and next summer get Haaland. Bingo PL and CL double.
This...

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How many games has he played at fullback?
He played there for France at the euros, so he must be competent at very least.

When we were linked with him & Pau Torres heavily i said they’d be great 3rd choice CBs, so i would have no problem getting him in to be a backup along with Lindelof, while moving Bailly or Axel on. With that being said though surely the money would be better used on a Dm?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He played there for France at the euros, so he must be competent at very least.
I just checked, 5 games in his career. He's played 12,066mins so far in his senior career therefore he's played RB 3.73%. Personally hate the idea of signing a player and then using them as a different position. He isn't a RB.

Season​
Team​
Competition​
Apps​
Mins​
Goals​
Assist​
Key Pass​
Whoscored Rating​
2020/2021​
UCL
1​
90​
1​
-​
1​
7.66​
2019/2020​
SLL
1​
90​
-​
-​
-​
6.35​
2018/2019​
FL1
2​
180​
-​
-​
-​
7.40​
2020​
UEC
1​
90​
-​
-​
-​
5.85​

With that being said though surely the money would be better used on a Dm?
Agreed. We should be pumping everything we have left towards a DM.

Bwuk

Would be a stupid move. He'd be 3rd choice CB and 2nd choice RB.

Unless we could sell Lindelof & Bailly and recoup enough to cover his costs it'd be daft.

Giggsy13

Don’t think this one is happening when Varane is eventually signed. We need to prioritize our midfield over getting a 3rd choice CB/2nd choice RB.

Matthew84!

It may seem a stupid move but having a quality 3rd choice would mean Maguire wouldn't have to play every game, as so many people complained about last season.
He's young and would be a good investment, if we can use Bailly to lower the price or perhaps even give them DDG, Jones is available and loads seem interested in him, Tuanzebe wants a loan and having to not rely on Lindelof or Bailly would be good.
I personally think Lindelof is a good squad player as he doesn't miss many games.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
It may seem a stupid move but having a quality 3rd choice would mean Maguire wouldn't have to play every game, as so many people complained about last season.
I dont think it will happen either. But there has been rumours about brining in two CBs for a while. Maybe if we manage to sell Bailly? Then we would be able to spend some of the money from Pogba and Bailly on one more CB. It would also make us able to play with three at the back more often (Bailly really dont work in that system).

Playing with three at the back is a good option when we lack a DM. In other words, money from Pogba and Bailly out could have been invested in Kounde and a young CM. It would probably give us a more balanced squad.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Would be a stupid move. He'd be 3rd choice CB and 2nd choice RB.

Unless we could sell Lindelof & Bailly and recoup enough to cover his costs it'd be daft.
Wouldn’t be the worst move in big games when we switch to 3 at the back. Look at City - Ake, Laporte, Stones, Dias and Garcia last year. Would be nice to have options if one is out of form or injured. Anything to not play Lindelof ever again.

TheRedHearted

I just checked, 5 games in his career. He's played 12,066mins so far in his senior career therefore he's played RB 3.73%. Personally hate the idea of signing a player and then using them as a different position. He isn't a RB.

Season​
Team​
Competition​
Apps​
Mins​
Goals​
Assist​
Key Pass​
Whoscored Rating​
2020/2021​
UCL
1​
90​
1​
-​
1​
7.66​
2019/2020​
SLL
1​
90​
-​
-​
-​
6.35​
2018/2019​
FL1
2​
180​
-​
-​
-​
7.40​
2020​
UEC
1​
90​
-​
-​
-​
5.85​

Agreed. We should be pumping everything we have left towards a DM.
Maguire and varane can’t play every game. and it’s true that three at the back could work sometimes. If he can cover Wan Bissaka it also makes sense
Wouldn’t be the worst move in big games when we switch to 3 at the back. Look at City - Ake, Laporte, Stones, Dias and Garcia last year. Would be nice to have options if one is out of form or injured. Anything to not play Lindelof ever again.

Idxomer

He can certainly play fullback at least. Good on the ball in that way. I'd give midfield a miss
I saw him that one game at the Euros, he looked very awkward playing the position.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I saw him that one game at the Euros, he looked very awkward playing the position.
He did but I am led to believe he has shown some very strong displays both at full back and in a DM role for his club.

I have not been watching as much of La Liga though, maybe someone else can confirm or deny that.

Rolaholic

There were just reports yesterday that he would love to play for Madrid but that they can only move for him next summer.

Would be a surprise if Chelsea managed to get him in before that, guess not many clubs can pay what Sevilla are asking for him though. 70M

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm not fussed about this now we've got Varane. I'd much rather go for Trippier if we're looking for cover at right back.

izec

This is moving fast.

I am a fan and think he will be a top CB in the PL, short or not. I d give him some time to get used to the league, but he will show his quality.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think the right hand side of a back three seems like it'd be a good fit for him given his attributes. Can see Chelsea's system suiting him very well.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I'll assume English isn't your first language? But I love this word, can we make it a word.

This isn't the first report this summer and that we're after two centre backs. And doesn't fit the narrative that we're trying to pressure Madrid as it doesn't say he's an alternative.
If it goes viral Oxford usually adds it to the dictionary!!!

Andersons Dietician

This Has been a pretty quick turnaround has it not. Was it only yesterday we were supposed to be moving for him along with Varane. I mean I didn’t believe it and would be surprised if it were true but guess until he is a Chelsea player there is still a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.