Jules Koundé | Signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

I agree, people who want kounde have never actually watched him play. He isnt a top CB. I would rather go get someone younger and with a higher ceiling than get kounde.
Ive probably seen him 10times as a centre back, not enough to be certain. But I kind of agree. Whenever I have seen him he looks good, but he doesnt look great, certainly doesnt look like he should be getting £60m+ as a fee for him, for that price I would much rather look elsewhere. Saying that though if its him and Torres, I would defiantely take him...but want neither

izec

Leaving Sevilla for Spurs is a sideways move. Money wise, it is a step up, but with Sevilla he plays CL.

I think he can do better and he knows it.

MUFC OK

I think Kounde will be the best CB itw in 5 years time, or certainly in the top 5. I only favour Varane slightly due to his experience of winning trophies.

If we ever signed him I would have nabbed the twitter handle @Koundevarro.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

I'm sure it's a nonsense story but humouring it for a minute, it says Kounde's versatility is an attraction as he could fill in at RB. Is he actually any good at RB?

sp_107

Sell Baily / Lindelof and get this guy so we can have Maguire / Varane / Kounde / AT and we can also use Matic / McTominay as backup CD's

manuchamp88

I'm sure it's a nonsense story but humouring it for a minute, it says Kounde's versatility is an attraction as he could fill in at RB. Is he actually any good at RB?
I think Kounde will be the best CB itw in 5 years time, or certainly in the top 5. I only favour Varane slightly due to his experience of winning trophies.

If we ever signed him I would have nabbed the twitter handle @Koundevarro.
There's a [slim] chance you may get your wish afterall :lol:

Chairman Steve

I feel like our backup option to Varane has been found by the media. Would hugely surprised if we go after him too

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Highly unlikely. Kounde wouldn't want to come here to be 3rd choice CB behind Varane and Maguire and we aren't going to spend silly money right now on a CB we don't overly need when we have more pressing areas of the squad to improve.

Zoo

If Bailly pushes to leave and Axel goes on loan then we’ll need an additional CB.

Just wondering if he could play in midfield?

mu4c_20le

Highly unlikely. Kounde wouldn't want to come here to be 3rd choice CB behind Varane and Maguire and we aren't going to spend silly money right now on a CB we don't overly need when we have more pressing areas of the squad to improve.
He won't be. Maguire on the bench.

Probably wont happen but would be hell of a statement though. Sign Madrid's best defender and also sign their replacement!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If Bailly pushes to leave and Axel goes on loan then we’ll need an additional CB.
don't forget Phil Jones!! :smirk:

seriously though Maguire and Lindelof's fitness has been fairly flawless over the last 2 seasons, add Varane to them and the 3 should be enough

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
At one point we had Evans, Vidic, Ferdinand, Smalling and Jones at the club - makes perfect sense for us to want him if Axel is going on loan and Bailly wants out - and he can cover RB too. His price makes this very unlikely though - rumoured at 70m euros.

Flytan

I could see it if we didn't have a glaring issue in the midfield. But surely any funds we have should be going there after Varane.

wolvored

He won't be. Maguire on the bench.

Probably wont happen but would be hell of a statement though. Sign Madrid's best defender and also sign their replacement!
Maguire wont be on the bench, hes captain. Can he play multiple positions? RB maybe even DM? I dont know I cant say i've ever seen him play.

Andersons Dietician

No chance unless Bailly is going and taking Jones with him and Tuanzebe on loan. Plus a bargain price. would seem a lot for a back up player if some of the prices quoted are true.

CM

Can't be true. If Varane comes we need a midfielder and a RB (an actual one) before looking anywhere else. Kounde wouldn't come cheap either

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Might be a message to AM - we can sign someone younger than Trippier who can fill that role

+ might even get Bailly involved in a swap

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Most accurate thing Rat boy ever said
Sort of.
"They (media) say a lot of things and sometimes think too much about them and it hurts when you are giving your all for the club. Things come out like ‘he’s going to Tottenham’, or ‘he’s staying’. These are difficult times for a player. It’s difficult to detach yourself (from the speculation). I was calm as I knew I wanted to continue with Madrid.”

SuperiorXI

Sort of.
"They (media) say a lot of things and sometimes think too much about them and it hurts when you are giving your all for the club. Things come out like ‘he’s going to Tottenham’, or ‘he’s staying’. These are difficult times for a player. It’s difficult to detach yourself (from the speculation). I was calm as I knew I wanted to continue with Madrid.”
I take it back

Still a rat boy with no positive characteristics to speak of

Scholsey2004

Similar to the Coman and Dembele links during the Sancho approach. Hopefully just a leak to hurry Madrid in negotiations. Signing another centre back after we get Varane would make about as much sense as signing Alan Smith and Wayne Rooney in the same window and..... oh yeah, we did that.

On a side note our negotiating tactics have been a lot more intelligent in this window.

CG1010

Lindelof needs upgradation but he would be great to have as third CB. He is dependably average and can do a job. We had a very good defensive record with him to be fair.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Lindelof needs upgradation but he would be great to have as third CB. He is dependably average and can do a job. We had a very good defensive record with him to be fair.
I'll assume English isn't your first language? But I love this word, can we make it a word.

This isn't the first report this summer and that we're after two centre backs. And doesn't fit the narrative that we're trying to pressure Madrid as it doesn't say he's an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.