Jules Koundé | Signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
People judge him as right back. We are not signing the player to be right back but to play in his proper formation CB.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Impossible to judge him based on tonight other than saying for a CB playing RB I thought he was decent

As a CB though his height would be a concern especially in the PL

The links have dried up anyway so I doubt he's coming here

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think he would be good for a team like City where the opposition have very little territory.
In ours, he would need to do a lot of defending with balls over the top. I am not so sure.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Bit premature to judge him on international football alone but he didn’t look happy at FB. Never been sure of him at CB either

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Terrible hairline - do not want

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Side note but I don't really understand why Kimpembe is first choice for France. I mean he is alright, but why they ignored Laporte completely I don't know. Even Zouma was getting caps... also ok, but surely Laporte is better? Or Upamecano. Or Hernandez at CB with Digne at LB etc.

Am I missing something about Kimpembe?

Raven

We need someone for certain, and i'll take anyone, even Torres, who is most similar to Lindelöf. But him being taller and hopefully not as weak is already enough for me. Kounde would still be my favourite, but they are all upgrades on Lindelöf and Bailly for sure.
I would say Torres, from what I've seen, is definitely weaker than Lindelof and would more than likely get pretty much the same criticism. If we're looking for something different, let's actually get something different.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Side note but I don't really understand why Kimpembe is first choice for France. I mean he is alright, but why they ignored Laporte completely I don't know. Even Zouma was getting caps... also ok, but surely Laporte is better? Or Upamecano. Or Hernandez at CB with Digne at LB etc.

Laporte has been in and out of the City team and is thought of as 3rd choice behind Diaz and Stones, at least that was how I have understood it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
See he's been linked to Spurs, that would certainly be upgrade for them at CB with the mediocre options they have.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Upamecano, Konate or even Wesley Fofana but all 3 were in the U21 tournament

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
See he's been linked to Spurs, that would certainly be upgrade for them at CB with the mediocre options they have.
Who's targeting the players? They have no manager :lol:

I assume it's that new Italian chap but seriously a midget CB ain't gonna be for everyone

dinostar77

No-one is getting this guy for sub €65mil. Bordeaux have a 30% sell on fee agreement with Sevilla.

Pickle85

Why would we be in for Koundé if we're confident about Varane? Makes me suspect even more strongly that Varane ain't gonna happen.

Cloud7

How good is this guy? The only time I've ever watched him is when he played RB for France

Last edited:

dinostar77

Why would we be in for Koundé if we're confident about Varane? Makes me suspect even more strongly that Varane ain't gonna happen.
Apparently Utd have a list of 4/5 centre halfs this summer and want to land one: varane, kounde, torres and milenkovic. Cant recall the other one we were linked to.

James Peril

Kounde isn’t a PL CB.
If Maguire is in the discussion of being a top 10 CB in the Premier League, Koundé obviously has no problem becoming one. The level of central defenders in the PL is at an all-time low, ref. the first point. Van Dijk, Dias, Thiago Silva, perhaps Laporte when fit… other than that there are literally no top-class defenders to be found.

Mwooyo

I'd pay twice for Varane.
I agree, people who want kounde have never actually watched him play. He isnt a top CB. I would rather go get someone younger and with a higher ceiling than get kounde.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Castles is saying that Bordeaux (Kounde's former club) have a 30% sell on clause in the contract from when they sold the player to Sevilla. He also says that the governing body in Spain are very strict when it comes to the spending limit imposed on clubs, so if they were to sell him for 45m, they'd only have 10m to spend on a replacement.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I agree, people who want kounde have never actually watched him play. He isnt a top CB. I would rather go get someone younger and with a higher ceiling than get kounde.
People who say people who want Koundé have never actually watched him play have never actually watched him play. He's going right to the top and you do realise he's still only 22, no?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If Maguire is in the discussion of being a top 10 CB in the Premier League, Koundé obviously has no problem becoming one. The level of central defenders in the PL is at an all-time low, ref. the first point. Van Dijk, Dias, Thiago Silva, perhaps Laporte when fit… other than that there are literally no top-class defenders to be found.
Given Maguire is the most expensive defender of all time its a bit of a tragedy that hes only in the discussion for being a top 10 premier league CB
Id put Dias down as a top defender though - certainly ahead of Laporte

A-man

Given Maguire is the most expensive defender of all time its a bit of a tragedy that hes only in the discussion for being a top 10 premier league CB
Id put Dias down as a top defender though - certainly ahead of Laporte
I would say Dias is a great match for City, but would he be as good at United? I think he has looked a level or two down now in the Euros. I prefer Maguire rather than Laporte but it depends on what player you want. The way Lewandowski pushed away Laporte like a kid and then scored, would have been more difficult with Maguire. We need a player like Maguire more than Laporte. Then Laporte has some other advantages and Maguire some disadvantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.