Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Please don't tell me Levy sacked Jose for him :lol: .
I don't think anyone other than British clickbait journalists and their prey ever entertained the idea that Nagelsmann might join Spurs.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He also just had to pay Jose Mourinho anywhere from £15-30m to sack him, he was never paying slightly less to appoint Nagelsmann too.

Tom8700

Supports
Bayern
What an utter joke this leauge is. Season not even decided and they negogiate this. It is beyond pathetic really.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Agree with this apart from that Gomez was a 40 goal striker at the start of the last decade for them. He was poor at building up play, but was lethal in the penalty area. Agreed, that these players were never lynchpins for BM, but the fact is they were more than good for rest of the BL, and you need these sort of players if want to compete on all fronts throughout the season.
No he wasn't. Never at any point was he a 40 goal striker. A gimp is what he was. The way he scored goals is by standing in the box with Müller, Ribery and Robben literally bouncing the ball off him into the goal. A wooden post would have been a "40 goal striker" by your logic. The amount of chances he stumbled over the byline is staggering. Lethal? Have you met Makaay? Gomez is a clown who couldn't believe his luck, a good season or two at Stuttgart and a lack of alternatives later and he finds himself in a CL contender. Lucky bastard. :)

No, im saying we looked out for ourselves and were accused of killing English football. Bayern does it and its wouldn't you do it too?
The way Bayern acts is the exact doomsday scenario that was pushed forward for the Premier League last week but its 1 club instead of 6. Which is better... Someow.
Its not whataboutism, its a direct comparison.
What difference would the hold of a super league side in England have v Bayern in Germany?Nobody can compete, in any way with Bayern. feck me you have Dortmund fans on here defending that domination.
At least 6 super league clubs would have 6 way fights for the title. Germany is better because its 1 dominating. A lot healthier im sure you agree.
Im sure youll have a lot of differences to post. One side goes around telling top players to stay put so they can sign them cheaply or on frees thus undercutting and unsettlng players... The other would have been in a super league.
Teams can compete against Bayern in the BL. The hell are you talking about? The difference? While in the BL they compete against Bayern badly, in the Superleague they cannot compete. Because it's in the rules. Do you see the difference? in the BL you can at least give it a try, in the Superleague you're not allowed to get that shot. It's invitation only. No relegation or promotion either. And that Superleague that nobody else is allowed to be part of, was meant to be a money printing machine that nobody else would have access to. Why? Because all these clubs that signed up to it had financial problesm. Because they are bad at their job. They compete in the CL on borrowed money badly invested. The Pandemic is exposing them and now they want to create a magic exploit that enabled them to continue their scheming outside the sport. Nothing in this superleague had anything to do with fair and sportsmanlike competition.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
I think Levy will evaluate how he's doing at Bayern to see if he's ready to make the next step to a bigger club such as Tottenham.
@GlastonSpur

cyberman

No he wasn't. Never at any point was he a 40 goal striker. A gimp is what he was. The way he scored goals is by standing in the box with Müller, Ribery and Robben literally bouncing the ball off him into the goal. A wooden post would have been a "40 goal striker" by your logic. The amount of chances he stumbled over the byline is staggering. Lethal? Have you met Makaay? Gomez is a clown who couldn't believe his luck, a good season or two at Stuttgart and a lack of alternatives later and he finds himself in a CL contender. Lucky bastard. :)

Teams can compete against Bayern in the BL. The hell are you talking about? The difference? While in the BL they compete against Bayern badly, in the Superleague they cannot compete. Because it's in the rules. Do you see the difference? in the BL you can at least give it a try, in the Superleague you're not allowed to get that shot. It's invitation only. No relegation or promotion either. And that Superleague that nobody else is allowed to be part of, was meant to be a money printing machine that nobody else would have access to.
Some of the uproar was about not getting into the SL but a lot of it was to do with destroying the competitive nature of the Premier League with the top 6 streaking out in front with 300m payments. You already have that uncompetitive nature in Germany, you dont have to go down one specific road to get the same result.
Bayern just announced signing RBL best defender mid season and their manager before the title race is done. No biggie. No eyebrows raised.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
It's going to be very interesting to see how he gets on there. Would have loved him at United, but I'd still be a bit vary of his age.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
41 goals in 2011/12 and 39 goals in 2010/11. Never a 40 goal striker :lol:

Also, I didn't realise Muller, Robben and Ribery played for Stuttgart back when he was scoring 30 goals a season for them as well :confused:

Scottynaldinho

I am really happy he did not come straight to the PL. Sort of his 3 year trial at the very top level before he's ready to come to Old Trafford.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Its not whataboutism, its a direct comparison.
What difference would the hold of a super league side in England have v Bayern in Germany?Nobody can compete, in any way with Bayern. feck me you have Dortmund fans on here defending that domination.
At least 6 super league clubs would have 6 way fights for the title. Germany is better because its 1 dominating. A lot healthier im sure you agree.
Im sure youll have a lot of differences to post. One side goes around telling top players to stay put so they can sign them cheaply or on frees thus undercutting and unsettlng players... The other would have been in a super league.
Anything to make yourself look good, even if it's clear as day your club has been acting villaineous on a whole other level.
Bizarre gymnastics just so you don't have to question your own club in any way. Absurd deflections.

Absolutely pathetic stuff, probably the most pathetic I've read on here.
And that's some achievement.

cyberman

Anything to make yourself look good, even if it's clear as day your club has been acting villaineous on a whole other level.
Bizarre gymnastics just so you don't have to question your own club in any way.

Absolutely pathetic stuff.
If you look back at your replies, you havent countered any points ive made.
Touched a nerve? If, what im saying is so ridiculous, surely you can easily shut them down?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I really really hope Dortmund keep hold of Haaland and invest the Sancho money (they'll surely sell to us this season) wisely to improve the sqaud.

Nagelsmann v Rose can be an epic managerial battle if both teams are equipped well. Bayern will certainly be weaker next season with lots of movement in their defense and Lewandowski getting older.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
If you look back at your replies, you havent countered any points ive made.
Touched a nerve? If, what im saying is so ridiculous, surely you can easily shut them down?
It's really not worth the effort. You're a bad faith actor.
Pathetic.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Couldn't wait until after the season to announce it? Rather a strange one.

It's a gamble, could crumble and be sacked by Christmas or be a roaring success.

Doubt there is any middle ground.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What the German league is with Bayern is only a single team dominant league. What La Liga is is only a double version of that. It's why I dont rate Messi until he leaves the La Liga.

It's the same as when it was only Arsenal vs United in the PL. Great football to watch but hardly anything groundbreaking as a league, who ever won the meeting or match would win the league.

Now the title winners change change every season or 2 seasons - the PL is an absolute beauty.

cyberman

It's really not worth the effort. You're a bad faith actor.
Pathetic.
You want to stop throwing around insults and join a discussion?
Il ask again, how is this complete domination of German football any different than the doomsday scenario of the death of the competitiveness of the Premier League league?
Youve completely blown your top from post 1 and are now pretending thats all on me.
Address my points if im so pathetic.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He also just had to pay Jose Mourinho anywhere from £15-30m to sack him, he was never paying slightly less to appoint Nagelsmann too.
Nagelsmann wouldn't consider Spurs when he has so many top clubs ready to hire him.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Il ask again, how is this complete domination of German football any different than the doomsday scenario of the death of the competitiveness of the Premier League league?
Youve completely blown your top from post 1 and are now pretending thats all on me.
It's not insults, it's a description of your posts

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Wow that was quick. I'm not 100% sold on him yet but I'm still quite excited.

Because people again asked why Nagelsmann immediately decided to join us: He is a Bayern fan himself since he was a child and it would/will be a dream come true to manage Bayern. He said so again and again in recent years, even when he just started his career in Hoffenheim.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Wow that was quick. I'm not 100% sold on him yet but I'm still quite excited.

Because people again asked why Nagelsmann immediately decided to join us: He is a Bayern fan himself since he was a child and it would/will be a dream come true to manage Bayern. He said so again and again in recent years, even when he just started his career in Hoffenheim.
Or maybe it was tempting the careerist to upgrade from a solid plastic club to a proper elite club.

Boavista

How are those two remotely comparable? The Super League would have made league finishes in the Premier League irrelevant, meaning those 6 clubs could finish anywhere and it wouldn't matter. They could field second teams, not put in any effort and all sporting incentive would be gone. What does that have to do with Bayern's domination?

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
Even though he was always destined to go there, it's a shame how I don't want him to do well now because Bayern doing well is just boring. Like the bloke, but I hope it ends in tears.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nagelsmann wouldn't consider Spurs when he has so many top clubs ready to hire him.
I know, just saying. There was never any chance to get him financially, let alone in terms of club stature and preference.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
I know, just saying. There was never any chance to get him financially, let alone in terms of club stature and preference.
I think Spurs are just too small of a club for Nagelsmann. He wanted to join an elite club after his time in Leipzig.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Some of the uproar was about not getting into the SL but a lot of it was to do with destroying the competitive nature of the Premier League with the top 6 streaking out in front with 300m payments. You already have that uncompetitive nature in Germany, you dont have to go down one specific road to get the same result.
Bayern just announced signing RBL best defender mid season and their manager before the title race is done. No biggie. No eyebrows raised.
And RBL and Dortmund are doing the same thing to lesser teams... are you now arguing against player transfers in general? Where do you think Bayern should get new players/coaches from? :)

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
41 goals in 2011/12 and 39 goals in 2010/11. Never a 40 goal striker :lol:

Also, I didn't realise Muller, Robben and Ribery played for Stuttgart back when he was scoring 30 goals a season for them as well :confused:
Oh, I thought we're talking BL only, not the entire season. My bad. I got confused by us actually having a potential 40 goal player right now. BL only. If Gomez hadn't stumbled half the chances, he would have been a decent striker, but as it stands... there's a reason Bayern started low sharp crosses into the box with Gomez around...

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln

Couldn''t disagree more. Gomez is one of the most underrated poachers of the past.

hubbuh

Really interested to see how he does with the highest level of expectation on him.

One thing I don't understand about German football - why do they confirm managerial changes midway through the season? Behind the scenes negotiations will be nonstop between agents, players, and clubs without the press getting wind of it, so why don't they wait until the season is over before formally announcing it? It seems odd.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Couldn''t disagree more. Gomez is one of the most underrated poachers of the past.
Fair enough, I'm usually the only one saying this about Gomez, so maybe I'm spoiled. In my defense, though, I said this about him while he was playing at Bayern, too. So this isn't just me being spoiled by Lewa being on a godly streak right now.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Fair enough, I'm usually the only one saying this about Gomez, so maybe I'm spoiled. In my defense, though, I said this about him while he was playing at Bayern, too. So this isn't just me being spoiled by Lewa being on a godly streak right now.
I always thought Lewandowski was a tiny bit overrated. Like really, just a little bit.
please don't kill me :nervous: