Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I cant believe they appointed this joker when they could have brought Ten Hag back. Unfortunately they might wake up tomorrow and try to get him.

Flexdegea

He will get another season.

Football far too Reactionary these days.

He not even there a season. He technically still very young. Obviously the Bayern board aren't shite the beds they will win the league still

AshRK

I cant believe they appointed this joker when they could have brought Ten Hag back. Unfortunately they might wake up tomorrow and try to get him.
He is far from a joker. A very good manager who is still very young.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Bayern paid €25m for him. During a pandemic! He'd have to feck up the league to get sacked this summer. They even gave Ancelotti and Kovac a second season and they were much more hopeless than Nagelsmann.
That's why he won't get sacked now, but Ancelotti and Kovac did more in their first seasons (both winning the double)

L1nk

One season where a new manager gets knocked out the CL and everyones saying he’ll be sacked already? Kin hell what happened to football :lol: . How many times were we knocked out under Fergie, many great managers have been knocked out, including Klopp and Guardiola and this guy needs to get fired cause he’s knocked out his first season? You lot are ridiculous, good luck Ten Hag

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
One season where a new manager gets knocked out the CL and everyones saying he’ll be sacked already? Kin hell what happened to football :lol: . How many times were we knocked out under Fergie, many great managers have been knocked out, including Klopp and Guardiola and this guy needs to get fired cause he’s knocked out his first season? You lot are ridiculous, good luck Ten Hag
They lost to Villarreal over two legs. Ole got hammered for not beating them in the EL final. He has no excuses tonight.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's the clubs in question that set these precedents

Bayern, PSG, Real their seasons are defined by how close to winning the UCL they were

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bayern paid €25m for him. During a pandemic! He'd have to feck up the league to get sacked this summer. They even gave Ancelotti and Kovac a second season and they were much more hopeless than Nagelsmann.
Wtf :lol:

L1nk

They lost to Villarreal over two legs. Ole got hammered for not beating them in the EL final. He has no excuses tonight.
But its his first season, where they are going to win the league. No excuses but its bot sackable is it, thats way ott. He’s young and still a great manager, he’ll learn and be at Bayern for years to come

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
25 million?! Was that the cost of all his flashy suits?

Ricardo de la Vega

Ill never forget this guys suit when Leipzig played us at OT. That's literally what I''m going to remember him forever for I think.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It's not that he got knocked out, but against Villareal is concerning.
As well as the cup exit against Gladbach (0:5!)
And in general Bayern hasn't been playing convincingly lately.

No one would think of sacking him if he went out against Real, City etc, this context matters.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That's why he won't get sacked now, but Ancelotti and Kovac did more in their first seasons (both winning the double)

I meant that more in terms of the general vibe. Kovac and Ancelotti were just such terrible fits tactically that they were never going to work out, which was also underlined by the reported conflicts off the pitch.
Nagelsmann had a disappointing season, but the mood seems to be okay and there's still a very reasonable hope that he'll improve.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
He’s not going to be sacked as that would be fecking stupid, even after an embarrassing performance like that. However, he definitely has to improve on this season.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
They had their chances didn't they ? Shitty finishing killed them more than Nagelsmann I'd say
He is guilty for playing that fraud, Muller, and for subbing in Alphonse Davis with 4 minutes to go, who subsequently was the main culprit for Villarreal's goal.

But yeah, they should have had a bigger advantage by then. The players let the coach down with their shitty finishing.

Ludens the Red

Have to say he’s been disappointing. Should have known when he lost 5-0 to Ole.
No but really, he seems to try to be too clever a lot of the time.
I don’t know why he brought on Gnabry for Musiala and emptied out their midfield when they basically had Villarreal on the ropes. They also seem to be really stupid defensively whenever I see them. if the Bundesliga wasn’t at such a poor level at the moment he’d be in big trouble.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
As much as that was a terrible performance today, people forget he's younger than most us. Still only 34 ffs, plenty of time to improve and hopefully he does learn from this.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
One question, is this Bayern tea, really suited for gengenpressing?

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Totally unnecessary to bring Davies for Hernandez with 3 minutes to play. Changing the total setup from 3 to 4 at the back.
Davies been caught cold seconds after coming in.
He should have waited with the change of system until extra time. Villarreal posed no threat at all.
It has been Villarreal's first and only shot on target.

KwendaHuko

The Flick hangover will hang over his head immensely. Too young to fill in the void left by Flick, who is far a true modern coach.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
The hipster choice fails again this season. First ETH with Benfica and now Nagelsmann with Villarreal. What is more incredible is that these hipster managers lost to teams that were inferior to them.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The hipster choice fails again this season. First ETH with Benfica and now Nagelsmann with Villarreal. What is more incredible is that these hipster managers lost to teams that were inferior to them.
Hoping PsG knocks out City or Pool in the semis. Oh wait

Boavista

I think Nagelsmann hasn't been great overall so far this season, too stubborn and naive in the way he sets up the team, but I'm going to go against the grain here and say Bayern's performance today really wasn't all that bad. I didn't watch much of the first leg because I mostly watched the Chelsea match, but this match they played with very high intensity throughout and completely suffocated Villarreal.

Yes they were a bit unimaginative in their final ball and kept sending in loads of crosses which didn't really work, but I think you also just have to give Villarreal some credit there; they set up in such a compact way that made any other approach extremely difficult. Their centre was completely locked down. But then again it was also so crowded because Bayern constantly had loads of players in the penalty box. Yet Bayern still had a few chances to win this, while Villarreal could barely get out of their own half.

A big mistake was sending on Davies with minutes to go, and then for Hernandez of all people. An unnecessary risk to bring on the much more attacking player, who has barely played in months, when there's only minutes to go until extra time. Nagelsmann's ideas of football are obviously known from his time at Leipzig and Hoffenheim, but I wonder if it's an ego thing and the pressure of succeeding an extremely attacking, and successful coach in Flick pushes him to try even more attacking and unconventional ideas. Flick's football was high octane, offensive pressing football but with fairly conventional 4231 lineups, while Nagelsmann frequently goes all out with pushing some of the best wing players of the past years into wingback positions at times. However he's young, and should learn from his first season.

I think if Villarreal manage to put in this type of performance against Liverpool, it could get very difficult for Klopp's side. But I wouldn't bet on them being able to replicate that kind of performance.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Subbing off Hernandez in minute 86 might be the worst sub in the history of the CL knockout stages. Nagelsmann's tactical immaturity is staggering. For all his immense qualities, the kid is also a fecking idiot.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Subbing off Hernandez in minute 86 might be the worst sub in the history of the CL knockout stages. Nagelsmann's tactical immaturity is staggering. For all his immense qualities, the kid is also a fecking idiot.
Silly move.

What's your verdict thus far generally? Can he grow quickly into the seat?