Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
As I suspected. Lure to lead Germany into the World cup just a little too much.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Tuchel wins Chelsea a CL, gets fired. Tuchel wins Bayern a CL (probably), gets fired. Clubs with short term views should take note in the summer. Utd?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Tuchel wins Chelsea a CL, gets fired. Tuchel wins Bayern a CL (probably), gets fired. Clubs with short term views should take note in the summer. Utd?
Thats funny because you love a german coach more than any other PL clubs to the point where you hired a club dentist just to make his teeth bright. Unfortunately your future wont be as bright once he left.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Well. I was sort of convinced he would come back to Bayern, although i had not yet made my mind up how i felt about that. Haven't been fully convinced by any decision on the post of head coach past the departure of Hansi Flick, and things now seem even more convoluted and muddy.

croadyman

Well. I was sort of convinced he would come back to Bayern, although i had not yet made my mind up how i felt about that. Haven't been fully convinced by any decision on the post of head coach past the departure of Hansi Flick, and things now seem even more convoluted and muddy.
Who do you think will your top target now?

SuperiorXI

Do you think that he was sacked too early?

croadyman

More rumors about Zidane...

Absolutely. The club entered complete headless chicken mode after the world cup, when our form went to shit.
Yeah I could see Zidane going there particularly if you win Champions League

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I'd be a bit worried that he'd turn out to be Ancelotti 2.0.
Same. His time at Madrid has not convinced me he's the kind of manager we need, which is someone with clear ideas of attacking football, rather than vibes / 'players doing their own thing' first, tactics second.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Same. His time at Madrid has not convinced me he's the kind of manager we need, which is someone with clear ideas of attacking football, rather than vibes / 'players doing their own thing' first, tactics second.
I genuinely don't understand this one. Zidane's time with Madrid is marked by his in-game tactical changes, that's Real Madrid won their CL. Also during his first stint Real Madrid were very attacking and using the width when during his second stint they were very defensive and focused on central areas because they didn't have the same firepower wide.

tomaldinho1

Why do people still think this about Zidane? Just because he doesn't bang on about tactics like other managers, you can literally look at how his Real team adapted and changed their setups + how he made that midfield arguably the best 3 of all time. Knock out football is where you see the most tactical flexibility/managers actually being able to have an oversized impact on games and he won 3 CL's in a row but you see people calling him a 'vibes' manager because he knew how to keep a dressing room ticking over.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Thats funny because you love a german coach more than any other PL clubs to the point where you hired a club dentist just to make his teeth bright. Unfortunately your future wont be as bright once he left.
That's unfair on Amorim. But if he's not up to a decent level (not Klopp's level obviously) then Nagelsmann or Tuchel may come into the picture again in a few seasons. I'm assuming Alonso will have had his dream move to Real Madrid forever by that point.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I genuinely don't understand this one. Zidane's time with Madrid is marked by his in-game tactical changes, that's Real Madrid won their CL. Also during his first stint Real Madrid were very attacking and using the width when during his second stint they were very defensive and focused on central areas because they didn't have the same firepower wide.
a) Ever since van Gaal laid the foundation Bayern have been a very methodical and principled team. Coaches, who were trying to be more pragmatic failed quite badly..

b) Leverkusen will probably keep most of their people together for another year, you'd also expect Bayer to try and seize the opportunity by pumping quite a bit of money into the club. So next year's title is far from a foregone conclusion on paper.

c) Bayern have quite high standards and if a coach starts falling behind in the league and doesn't look like a great fit, then they will likely sack him, before he gets a chance to impress via the cups. Nagelsmann was on a flawless run through the CL against Inter, Barca and PSG. Tuchel has a real chance of winning it this year, he even won in Copenhagen, yet both were sacked.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
a) Ever since van Gaal laid the foundation Bayern have been a very methodical and principled team. Coaches, who were trying to be more pragmatic failed quite badly..

b) Leverkusen will probably keep most of their people together for another year, you'd also expect Bayer to try and seize the opportunity by pumping quite a bit of money into the club. So next year's title is far from a foregone conclusion on paper.

c) Bayern have quite high standards and if a coach starts falling behind in the league and doesn't look like a great fit, then they will likely sack him, before he gets a chance to impress via the cups. Nagelsmann was on a flawless run through the CL against Inter, Barca and PSG. Tuchel has a real chance of winning it this year, he even won in Copenhagen, yet both were sacked.
:lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'd be a bit worried that he'd turn out to be Ancelotti 2.0.
That was following a wildly popular Guardiola
[And I expect will be the fate of the next Liverpool manager]
The next manager is taking over from a guy so disliked they sacked him 3 months in advance...

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
That was following a wildly popular Guardiola
[And I expect will be the fate of the next Liverpool manager]
The next manager is taking over from a guy so disliked they sacked him 3 months in advance...
I have a really hard time judging Zidane‘s merits as a coach. He seemed like more of a manager than a tactical genius. More like the current version of Carlo if you will. I also don’t believe Zidane is going to Bayern.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I have a really hard time judging Zidane‘s merits as a coach. He seemed like more of a manager than a tactical genius. More like the current version of Carlo if you will. I also don’t believe Zidane is going to Bayern.
Yeah, hard to judge the merits of a manager who managed something nobody had ever done before :rolleyes: (or since!)

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah, hard to judge the merits of a manager who managed something nobody had ever done before :rolleyes: (or since!)
Yeah, I didn’t phrase that well. :lol: To me he is a strange case. He was obviously extremely successful as a coach but I somehow think that everything simply came together perfectly for him at Real. I would be zero surprised if his next coaching job was underwhelming at best.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yeah, I didn’t phrase that well. :lol: To me he is a strange case. He was obviously extremely successful as a coach but I somehow think that everything simply came together perfectly for him at Real. I would be zero surprised if his next coaching job was underwhelming at best.
Exactly how I feel about him. Like you said it all sort of came together and he created incredible history, but would be very curious to see how he does next.

croadyman

Exactly how I feel about him. Like you said it all sort of came together and he created incredible history, but would be very curious to see how he does next.
Yeah I see thumbnail bait central aka The United Stand are talking about Zidane rumours. When will that channel ever learn to stop reporting on unreliable sources. Just noticed that United Vibe are doing the same thing,thought Adam was above that.

Last edited:

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
He was one of the most intelligent players in the past 30 years, I'd rather not question his knowledge of football. The biggest issue with him is the language barrier. Not speaking German isn't an issue per se, not speaking English is.
Other than that we should thank the heavens if our clownshoes board could lure him in. Getting a current version of Carlo that commands the respect and authority of one Zinedine Zidane would be pretty much the best that could happen to us, on and off the pitch, and on the transfer market.

DavelinaJolie

Yeah I see thumbnail bait central aka The United Stand are talking about Zidane rumours. When will that channel ever learn to stop reporting on unreliable sources. Just noticed that United Vibe are doing the same thing,thought Adam was above that.
When people stop clicking on the videos.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He was one of the most intelligent players in the past 30 years, I'd rather not question his knowledge of football. The biggest issue with him is the language barrier. Not speaking German isn't an issue per se, not speaking English is.
Other than that we should thank the heavens if our clownshoes board could lure him in. Getting a current version of Carlo that commands the respect and authority of one Zinedine Zidane would be pretty much the best that could happen to us, on and off the pitch, and on the transfer market.
Not every intelligent player makes for a good coach. Getting sent off in a WC final is also not the most intelligent move. :smirk:

Pscholes18

From Wilcox article in the Telegraph

"In the past, Nagelsmann has featured highly on United’s potential shortlists and even now you will find great admiration for the talented 36-year-old German in Old Trafford’s corridors of power. Indeed, perhaps one day they will beating down the door to try to entice him to M16.

But even before the German FA effectively took Nagelsmann off the table last week, and ignoring the manager’s own intentions, there was recognition among United’s new power hierarchy that their current squad is not set-up for a coach who often deploys a back three and open wing backs that attack.

In other words, they cannot swing wildly from one system to another just to fit a coach, for all his talents, and certainly not when they have yet to even begin the process of gradually unpicking a Frankenstein squad. First, they must settle on a way of playing they believe can deliver winning, attacking, entertaining football and then ensure the coach chimes firmly with that."

So INEOS wouldn't bring Nagelsmann even if he wanted to come because of this?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
From Wilcox article in the Telegraph

"In the past, Nagelsmann has featured highly on United’s potential shortlists and even now you will find great admiration for the talented 36-year-old German in Old Trafford’s corridors of power. Indeed, perhaps one day they will beating down the door to try to entice him to M16.

But even before the German FA effectively took Nagelsmann off the table last week, and ignoring the manager’s own intentions, there was recognition among United’s new power hierarchy that their current squad is not set-up for a coach who often deploys a back three and open wing backs that attack.

In other words, they cannot swing wildly from one system to another just to fit a coach, for all his talents, and certainly not when they have yet to even begin the process of gradually unpicking a Frankenstein squad. First, they must settle on a way of playing they believe can deliver winning, attacking, entertaining football and then ensure the coach chimes firmly with that."

Sounds strange especially since any coach coming to United will have to buy and sell quite a lot of players. It also doesn‘t really look as if there currently is a functioning system in place.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

I hope this is true

giggs-beckham

Clueless
We need to swing wildly from our current system though. We need to be a possession team that can attack at speed also.
If we look fro a manager that's in the counter attack mould AGAIN then he'll want that profile of player and we'll never move forward, ever.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
We need to swing wildly from our current system though. We need to be a possession team that can attack at speed also.
If we look fro a manager that's in the counter attack mould AGAIN then he'll want that profile of player and we'll never move forward, ever.
Yes, but it makes sense to at first decide in which direction you want to swing and then look for the right manager to do that. Not sign a manager first and then discover he doesn't want or isn't able to implement the style you decided on.